shape
carat
color
clarity

Why would you want....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I''e never seen one either! Too Funny! I would probably buy one just for the reactions...
19.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Floorspace. You can still utilize all the floor space. Sheer Oddity. Crazy. Edward Scissorhands odd (MHO-butt ugly). Just kidding.

My brothers mil has a home tour every year. Her house is known as the house with the upside down tree. She has about 22 in her home. But the upside down on gets the most publicity.

I have seen them used as table "centerpieces" in weddings. Strands of pearls and glass beads dangling. They are spectacular in large numbers.

§

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s making me dizzy.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Some friends in Puerto Rico did an upside down tree last year. I''m not sure why - the house is huge. It was kinda strange to see. I think I prefer them right side up. I''ll leave the tapering at the bottom to the chandeliers!

Hmmmm . . . how about a decorated crystal chandelier instead of a Christmas tree . . . [kidding]
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That kinda looks like something that belongs in The Exorcist to me

*shudders* thats just plain creepy
38.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I know! I seriously had to blink twice. I guess I could see it being used as a space saver, but really its almost like flying your flag upside down - kinda disrespectful towards the meaning of a Christmas tree. IMHO
20.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''ve seen them in "Christmas" shops. Ugh.

I''m far too much of a traditionalist to even consider that nonsense.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Bath and Body Works had small versions of trees hanging upside down on display today. They were small, kind of like clumps of tree tops all over the store. I thought of this thread when I saw them.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I think I remember seeing those in Sharper Image about 10 years ago, and they were described as "historic" - as in, when people first started bringing trees into their homes, they hung them upside-down. Anyone else seen them billed like this?

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
I first saw friends of mine do this a couple of years ago. They got a 3 foot real tree, since they were in a small apartment at the time. They put it on the ceiling to keep their cats from getting into it.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Anyone with a toddler or animals would probably at least consider this as an option if they see it. They don''t bother me, I would just probably walk into it all the time.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i have seen them in stores and magazines. the ones i saw looked nothing like the picture in the link. when decorated with ornaments and such and placed in a good location in the room they are lovely and unique looking to me. show casing them in a room with a very high or vaulted ceiling has been what i have seen. these have been around a good while now.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s what my tree looks like when I''ve had too much egg nog!!!
31.gif

Honestly, I''ve never seen this till now, gotta love PS!!!
3.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
My FI wanted an upside down tree. Since in our house it is a winter solstice tree we had no objectiong on traditionalist grounds, just that I wanted a real tree and you can''t water them upside down. plus, I don''t think the landlord would appreciate us bolting a tree to the ceiling.
There is a "craft" store in town, although I hesitate to call it that because it is so much cooler than a craft store, but they had a number of upside down trees that were amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results