shape
carat
color
clarity

Why Ideal Scope has SILVER and WHITE arrows!? Why not black!

Diamond2014

Rough_Rock
This is driving me nuts right now. I ordered the Professional Kit that includes the Ideal Scope, Aset Scope, and everything else all in one package.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but the arrows appear as WHITE or SILVER arrows. Not the same as images all over the net, there are no black arrows as shown on the net.

I place a piece of white paper standing up vertical, then shoot a white light against that piece of paper. I looked at the diamond through the ideal scope with the bright light paper facing at me. What am I doing wrong!?

I'm so tire of returning and reordering, so sick and tire of all the search for a tiny damn piece of rock. I'm about to just give up.

GIA is 2156670785

You can get all the proportion angle and degree from there. This is as close to Tolkowsky as it get!, I even had to jump right under 1.5ct to lower the price so I can get the perfect cut.

Below are the images, all images are for the same diamond

20141108_002145.jpg

20141108_003307.jpg

20141108_003350.jpg

20141108_003502.jpg

Diamond2014

Rough_Rock
Re: Why Ideal Scope has SILVER and WHITE arrows!? Why not bl

Here are the Aset Scope images. This is a set diamond by the way.

20141108_000645.jpg

20141108_001256.jpg

20141108_001428.jpg

20141108_001812.jpg

Diamond2014

Rough_Rock

I post four of each because it's hard to take picture of these scope stuffs. Tiny bit of movement and it'll be different.

Even when I used the loose round cubic zirconia (came along with the Professional Kit) and place it on the backlight pad (came along with the Professional Kit), I still get silver arrows. No black arrows. Where are people getting the black arrows from?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Gia report check is down right now and we need the ct weight to use it.
It would be easier if you posted the numbers from the report.
I think it is a matter of how your using the scope but want to check the numbers.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Just saw your second post that it does it with the cz also....
off hand I would say the backlight is too bright and light is reflecting off the back of the IS lens.

Diamond2014

Rough_Rock

The number are as attached

_493.png

_494.png

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

there is no such thing as 100% light return because only about 83% of light can enter or leave a diamond.
In the case when you have such strong light behind the diamond you will see some of it.

backlight.jpg

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

Does the depth affect it? I don't know, I'm just asking. The diamond is closer to a 60/60, and a well cut 60/60 is said to be brighter and the arrows not as "bold" as some of the deeper diamonds with smaller tables.

Diamond2014

Rough_Rock

Garry, what is your opinion in regard to the diamond stated above? Lets name it Diamond A (GIA 2156670785)

I bought two diamonds (both are on hand) but eventually I will have to return one. Diamond B description are as attached (GIA 1189374149).

Can you please give me your opinion on both of these diamond's performance, and as a cut expert, which out perform which? I bought the Ideal and Aset scope to see which one outperform which one, but could not tell the difference using the Ideal Scope or Aset Scope, as I could not get the black arrow and keep thinking the white arrows I saw in the Ideal Scope was bad diamond.

The only thing I can see differences is that Diamond A has smaller fire, lets say 10 fire sparks. While I see Diamond B has larger fire, but has 8 fire sparks. Don't know if I'm seeing it right or not.

Diamond A price was $15,301 USD

Diamond B price was $14,845 USD

20141022_133222.jpg

20141022_1.jpg

20141022_2.jpg

_23923.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Both are keepers.
Everyone else in the world will tell you A is best by the numbers, but I have long held that spread is also an important factor and when you factor the larger spread in then B and your fire observations make it the winner. The $ saving is a bonus.
BTW in your close up examination you will see more fire in the shallower stone, but in a ring it probably will not have as much as A.

Diamond2014

Rough_Rock

So when some YouTube videos show the black arrow using just office fluorescence lighting environment, what kind of proportion get that kind of looks?

And WHAT is a perfect cut? Does a perfect cut exist and how does it looks like? or are perfect cut diamond just a personal preference?

For personal satisfaction, I just want to see what a perfect cut looks like, but don't have access to hundred of diamonds to examine. Local jewelry store only have affordable diamonds, nothing that can claim to be a perfect cut

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garry - You're a very respectable person in the diamond industry. Thank you for your invention and work on the HCA and the Ideal/Aset Scopes. And I especially thank you for taking your time to reply to this thread. Your comment that both diamonds are a keeper, really make me feel safe that I can just pick out one of the two diamonds on hand. Thank you again

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Perfect and ideal are very poor descriptors.
perfect for one person is often not so for another.

those terms assume there is a perfect or ideal, and there is certainly not

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results