shape
carat
color
clarity

Why guys don’t buy jewelry, Mistakes Ladies make.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

Iv been asking around and getting some hints for you from my friends and clients because several have asked.

Warning don’t read this if ya is going to ticked off!!! You have been warned.
Im going to leave out stuff like a bad experience at a jewelry store and just concentrate on the things a Lady can do something about.
I don’t agree with all of them myself but ya asked for it so I asked around :}

Number one reason:

They feel their Lady is too hard to buy for:

1: they got complained at because it wasn’t exactly what she wanted.

He says I’m never going to be able to please her so why bother if its going to cause me trouble

Number 2 reason:

2: She never wore it after getting it so she is too hard to buy for.

Why should I throw money away on something she don’t wear?

Number 3 reason

3: She made it an either or thing on something he wanted and hounded him until she got it.

Some extra money comes in and he is dreaming about a big screen tv and out of the blue his Lady starts hounding him about diamonds,
He might give in but he will resent the heck out of it and never buy them again without being hounded.
This sets the tone for any future purchases.

If you know there is going to be extra money coming in start early and be gentle.

Number 4 reason:

Bad timing in asking for it or getting too demanding.

Making him feel bad because he can’t get it at that time makes a bad association in his mind about jewelry.
Being too demanding about it at the wrong time can cause severe damage to other parts of the relationship because he will feel like a failure and not able to get you what you want.
Well I think this will tick enough people off for today.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Sweetheart,
I promise not to hound ... ok...well...not until we have at least gotten the Lazy Boy Recliner for you that I insist you have!!!
emangel.gif
emwink.gif

Sorry - you didn''t tick me...I don''t have to ask..I am one of the very few blessed who has a honeybuns that loves to buy for me and has great taste so I don''t even have to ask.
To tell on you..
emotion-5.gif
We were in a shop and looking at some rings and things while I was visiting - and the lady asked ...do you like it? My reply to her was...I don''t dare say because he would end up buying it for me in a second because I am so spoiled! SO sorry Ladies - this wonderful man is taken and he will never be available ... giggle...I''m selfish...this man is defintely a keeper..and not just for jewels either
emwink.gif

Wifey2b

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
this level of sugar is very high.

Welcome again, wifey 2 b. Do you do target practice together, too?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, I think those are all instructive comments; there have been times I''ve read posts and the same thoughts have gone through my mind.

This year told hubby before I buy any more jewelry/gems I wanted him to get something nice, and I have been on tenderhooks for months, because a number of times things would come up he liked/desired but than he would decide against buying it, such a tease. He finally bought himself a guitar (used) that he is happy with, so now I''m free to get something, but nothing to extravagant since the new one is coming soon. There were a number of years I was in graduate school and we had no money, and got in habit of spending no money on ourselves. I was able to get over that rather easily, at least in the area of gems and jewelry
2.gif
, but it is more engrained in him. However, always true that you always know what you want/desire, do you also know what your spouse likes/desires but maybe has put off because of financial reasons, do you discuss purchases, future planning the whole picture together? That is more important than any single piece of jewelry.

Anyways, there is stock generic advice I''d want to give some people who post, such as, how much should spend on ring? answer what you can afford, that is, pay off in a month. It''s true an engagement ring is a once in a lifetime purchase, but so is a wedding dress, wedding, honeymoon, 10th anniversary (etc, etc). It all adds up, so don''t get carried away.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 1:07:37 PM
Author: Regular Guy
this level of sugar is very high.

Welcome again, wifey 2 b. Do you do target practice together, too?
giggle - now you know why I developed diabetis after meeting Strm - giggle - just kidding babe.
Thank you for the welcome, Regular Guy. As for the target practicing - we didn''t get to do any this trip, but we have before and we definitely will be :} That was always something I wanted to do, but has a father who was scared of things like that, so wasn''t able too..so now that dream comes true too...ooooooppps more sugar giggle
emteeth.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 1:27:22 PM
Author: part gypsy
Storm, I think those are all instructive comments; there have been times I''ve read posts and the same thoughts have gone through my mind.

This year told hubby before I buy any more jewelry/gems I wanted him to get something nice, and I have been on tenderhooks for months, because a number of times things would come up he liked/desired but than he would decide against buying it, such a tease. He finally bought himself a guitar (used) that he is happy with, so now I''m free to get something, but nothing to extravagant since the new one is coming soon. There were a number of years I was in graduate school and we had no money, and got in habit of spending no money on ourselves. I was able to get over that rather easily, at least in the area of gems and jewelry
2.gif
, but it is more engrained in him. However, always true that you always know what you want/desire, do you also know what your spouse likes/desires but maybe has put off because of financial reasons, do you discuss purchases, future planning the whole picture together? That is more important than any single piece of jewelry.

Anyways, there is stock generic advice I''d want to give some people who post, such as, how much should spend on ring? answer what you can afford, that is, pay off in a month. It''s true an engagement ring is a once in a lifetime purchase, but so is a wedding dress, wedding, honeymoon, 10th anniversary (etc, etc). It all adds up, so don''t get carried away.

I totally agree!!
emthup.gif
We have some family members who think we should make things a big shing-ding...and yes - I used to dream of that...but the older I get the more I realize how I/we need to stay within our means, and so our wedding will be simple but elegant...and that will be to our simple but elegant ideas
face23.gif
Even my wedding dress will be homemade and I still think it will all be the best day of my life and I know everyone can plan a wedding to how they desire and still be the best day of one''s life...is that not the best thing about being different people?! The world would be blah if we were all alike :}

Wifey2b

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hahah greg definitely knows how picky i am and he realizes it's smarter for me to choose it myself and him to just hand over the credit card!! that way he's happy (well not really...cuz he's handing over the cc...HA HA), i'm happy.

i am the queen of sending hints over for birthdays or xmas, like look at this lovely pendant, wouldn't it be great on my neck? after oh...6 years together...he finally gets what i am doing and he actually likes it because it lets him off the hook without having to be creative!! so i typically get the pendant and then some kitchen implements from BBB or something. he loves shopping for minutae items like that.

you know what they say...happy wife, happy life!
9.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
That is so funny, Mara. I put that post-it note on my husband''s bathroom mirror one morning--"A happy wife is a happy life." It was a joke, sort of tongue in cheek. He saved it as a memento . . . he''s so cute.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results