shape
carat
color
clarity

why does my little dog bark and more

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jazzyminpin

Rough_Rock
My friend has a hot dog dog and would like some advice. Her dog barks constently barks doesn''t like to listen and will bark at you. While playing with her dog he barks alot then when the playing is over he will bark at you to play more. He hasn''t been fully housebroken and that is another problem. He is 7 Months old and things don''t seem to be getting better. Please give me some advice for my friend.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My mom has a dachshund as well... I''m guessing that''s what you mean by "hot dog dog"... and he used to bark CONSTANTLY. It was really loud as he was usually in a large room with a tile floor and it would echo. He barked when she talked to anyone besides him, he barked if she was touching anybody (like giving me, her daughter, a hug!), he barked if we were talking.... I think it''s mainly a dominance thing, and it does need to be dealt with. I''m guessing he is an unneutered male? My mom''s dog is too and I think that has something to do with it as well.

We were able to train the dog with a spray bottle of water. We sprayed him only when he barked unnecessarily (it was ok if he was barking at somebody outside, for example) and after about 3 days, he started to get it. It moved from having to spray him, to just picking up the bottle and showing it to him, to the point where now all you have to do is ask "do you want me to spray you?" and he calms down. He''s MUCH more tolerable now, much more pleasant. Dogs need a little training and discipline and he needs to know when it is ok to bark and when it isn''t. Don''t be surprised if it takes a while since he''s so young. Your friend may need to train him more than once! Dachshunds especially tend to be a litle hard-headed.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on a spray bottle - works for most dogs, i would say 95%,... 5% just enjoy the play and an extra drink.

Another absolutely necessary step is stop praising a pup for barking, if he "barks to play more" and actually gets it, even if your friend keeps telling "stop barking" while playing - the message a pup gets is "i need to bark more to play more".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results