shape
carat
color
clarity

Why do you want to get married?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it may be fun to see everyones responses ..

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because it''s too late for me to back out.
3.gif

P.S. He''s reading over my shoulder, giving me dirty looks and I am laughing maniacally.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 11:17:31 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Because it''s too late for me to back out.
3.gif

P.S. He''s reading over my shoulder, giving me dirty looks and I am laughing maniacally.
LOL

I''m going to say to be taken care of by the state.. gotta love a man who works for..er...the man. :razz:

i dont have a good (or romantic answer) other than i love E, i want to be with E, have E''s babies and to be eachothers.

setell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 10:26:35 AM
Author:lilyfoot
I thought it may be fun to see everyones responses ..

Not sure. Still debating on it as we love being engaged too much!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I don''t!

Yet.

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
I have lots of reasons!

- Becoming a family, sharing the same last name
- Making our vows to each other in company of our loved ones
- Permanency. We''re both totally committed as it is, but we also take marriage very seriously and will do whatever it takes to make our marriage work. (''Statistically'' most of the success factors are in our favour
2.gif
)
- Societal recognition. I''ll admit it. It''s not a determining factor for me, but the fact is that ''wife'' carries a lot more weight and legitimacy than ''girlfriend''.
- Legal benefits
- Wanted to be married before we had children

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 11:56:27 AM
Author: absolut_blonde
I have lots of reasons!

- Becoming a family, sharing the same last name
- Making our vows to each other in company of our loved ones
- Permanency. We''re both totally committed as it is, but we also take marriage very seriously and will do whatever it takes to make our marriage work. (''Statistically'' most of the success factors are in our favour
2.gif
)
- Societal recognition. I''ll admit it. It''s not a determining factor for me, but the fact is that ''wife'' carries a lot more weight and legitimacy than ''girlfriend''.
- Legal benefits
- Wanted to be married before we had children
So I totally thought that said "pregnancy" at first. That''s what I get for scan-reading posts lol.

Your reasons are all so great
1.gif
And I was right, so far this is a fun thread. I''m cracking up at Freke''s response ..

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
I want to start a life together officially. I want to take his last name, and to legally be husband/wife, and to have that permanent commitment. We are both committed now, but I look forward to it being legal, I guess.

And so far, the plan is to wait till we''re married to live together - and I am really looking forward to this being OUR home, not MINE any more.
30.gif

KatM

Shiny_Rock
It''s not so much that I want to be married, as it is that I know that at the point in our relationship where we are ready to be married we will be in a spot that I like. We''ve been together for 4 years, but I still feel a hesitancy on his part to admit that he needs me, to consider me an integral part of his everyday life, or to depend on me. I want him to think of us as partners, and when he''s able to do that he''ll be at a point where he won''t be freaked out by the getting married.

I have to say that it''s frustrating to have him realize over and over how much I mean to him, and then seem to forget. When he moved away he didn''t think it was a big deal...until after he moved and admitted that he missed me more than he thought he would. We broke up for a short period, and afterwards he admitted that he was far more affected by it than he thought he would be. If he goes out of town for extended periods, he''ll act like it''s no big deal and then call me sounding sad halfway through. Basically, he''s really confused and at the point where he would be ready to be married he would be way less confused.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
For the kids.

Dewey%20&%20Trooper2.jpg

3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
For his money
11.gif

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
KatM - That is such a sad way to put it, but I basically feel the same way with my BF. He wants to get married, but "isn''t ready" - and even he doesn''t really know what that means. I wish he was ready to at least propose, to acknowledge that he does need me in his life and he wants me there forever. I know all that already, but it doesn''t make it any better. As of now, it''s like we''re doing what is easiest for him at the moment. It will make me feel more secure when he proposes, when he makes it OFFICIAL that he does intend to marry me during THIS lifetime. I really agree with you about wanting to feel like partners. Hopefully your BF can sort things out in his mind soon enough.

Sunnyd - Haha. Your ''kids'' are cute! Our two ''kids'' will be glad when BF lives here, too. They love it whenever he''s over.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I love him and he loves me.

Because even though we have our problems, we both want to be together forever and are willing to work together to make that happen.

Because we''ve after living together since Nov 2005 and can''t imagine the other not being there. When one of us wakes up from a bad dream the other is there to snuggle up to. When one of us is sick, the other cares for him/her.

We are already partners in all we do. It would be nice to have it official and recognized by the rest of the world.

And the practical stuff:

Bills & store info & online accounts etc. are set up in his name or my name or his first name with my last name or my first name with his last name. It is confusing.

The places listed above don''t always talk to the person not on the account.

If anything happened to one of us the doctor''s would be able to talk to the other. Without having to grab the POA documents and negotiate with the administrators.

I''m self employed and don''t have any insurance. He has great coverage through work.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course we wanted to marry because we are in love. That's reason number 1.

If I have to be honest, I probably wanted to get married because it was ingrained in my brain at a young age by society that marriage is the natural course of things. We could have just as easily had love and a strong relationship without the marriage.

I wanted to marry HIM in particular because I don't question a damn thing when we're together. I've never felt more secure in any relationship with any SO, family member, or friend in my entire life. Our level of trust is beyond what I could've ever possibly imagined. I go through every day knowing how loved and respected I am. I also know how beautiful he thinks I am. That helps me through the days when I feel unattractive. These are not questions. These are truths. The marriage has only solidified in my mind the level of commitment that we have to one another. It's mind blowing.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 2:23:54 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Of course we wanted to marry because we are in love. That''s reason number 1.

If I have to be honest, I probably wanted to get married because it was ingrained in my brain at a young age by society that marriage is the natural course of things. We could have just as easily had love and a strong relationship without the marriage.

I wanted to marry HIM in particular because I don''t question a damn thing when we''re together. I''ve never felt more secure in any relationship with any SO, family member, or friend in my entire life. Our level of trust is beyond what I could''ve ever possibly imagined. I go through every day knowing how loved and respected I am. I also know how beautiful he thinks I am. That helps me through the days when I feel unattractive. These are not questions. These are truths. The marriage has only solidified in my mind the level of commitment that we have to one another. It''s mind blowing.
Can I ditto a totally personal example? Too late, doin'' it anyway.

DITTO.
4.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whatever Elle and Sunny. You both just want(ed) to get married for the tax breaks...
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 2:38:35 PM
Whatever Elle and Sunny. You both just want(ed) to get married for the tax breaks...
3.gif
Not gonna lie. Never been more excited to taxes than I will be for 2009!
3.gif

Those suckas will be done the second that W-2 shows up!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 2:44:37 PM

3.gif
3.gif

And the presents!! Hellooooo?!?! FI and I have plans to divorce in a few years and remarry to upgrade our stuff again. It''s a good plan.
3.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 2:52:56 PM
Author: sunnyd

3.gif
3.gif

And the presents!! Hellooooo?!?! FI and I have plans to divorce in a few years and remarry to upgrade our stuff again. It's a good plan.
3.gif
Dude. Seriously! Such a lucrative decision!

We did not consummate the marriage on our wedding night. We counted our money and fell asleep on a pile of checks and cash.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Because I can''t imagine spending my life with anyone else.

Because everything is right with the world when we''re together.

Because his kisses still send tingles up my spine.

Because I know he supports me in anything and everything I do.

Because he''s my best friend.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Same as what others have said about socail recognition (I hate introducing him as my BF.....there ae 12 yr old girls with BFs they''ve has for 2 days, I don''t really feel like it explains our relationship) and about growing up knowing it''s the ''next step'' etc.

I just want to be married to him, it seems right and I am happy with him. I want to start a life together and marrige seems the most offical way to go about that.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and my real reason is because I want a whole bunch of new loot. I need new towels dangit!

Pish tosh to the lifetime commitment. WHATEVER!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 2:56:19 PM

3.gif
3.gif

And the presents!! Hellooooo?!?! FI and I have plans to divorce in a few years and remarry to upgrade our stuff again. It''s a good plan.
3.gif

We did not consummate the marriage on our wedding night. We counted our money and fell asleep on a pile of checks and cash.
You guys are hilarious!
9.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 3:42:35 PM
Oh and my real reason is because I want a whole bunch of new loot. I need new towels dangit!

not just towels, but a MATCHING bathroom set!!!!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 3:42:55 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 11/2/2009 2:56:19 PM

3.gif
3.gif

3.gif

You guys are hilarious!
9.gif
We are totally soiling this nice thread. LOL! Sowwy!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 4:02:09 PM
Author: jcarlylew
Date: 11/2/2009 3:42:35 PM
not just towels, but a MATCHING bathroom set!!!!
You're not joking lady! I am PUMPED about that.

I don't actually think I'll get it, so I'm keeping my sights on those bathtowels!

(Besides, we just traded in a couple of engagement gifts--wine glasses don't get used by people who don't drink btw--for a new bedskirt! So I'm not wanting to get rid of that sucker yet. And, our bedding is by far the most expensive thing on our registry. Poo. So YAY TOWELS!)

ETA: and I guess waking up to a man who adores me every day for the rest of my life isn't too bad either. But those tax breaks...

JK. He's my everything.

brandithib

Rough_Rock
because it will be the biggest party ever!!!!!!!!

well, that, and I want the hubby, family, and a soccer mom mini-van

brandithib

Rough_Rock
because my wedding will be the biggest party ever!!!!!!!!

well, that, and I want the hubby, family, and a soccer mom mini-van

brandithib

Rough_Rock
wow, my internet sucks.. sorry for the double post
7.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2009 2:17:26 PM
Author: TooPatient

I''m self employed and don''t have any insurance. He has great coverage through work.
Threadjack: Wait, hun, can''t you get insurance through the stock brokers you work for? They should be able to offer you something. You really should look into getting some, no matter what. I know I was totally terrified when M didn''t have insurance. SO much can happen. Health insurance is expensive, but really worth it when something happens.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results