Why brown is your best friend in pink diamonds

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Tbh, even the pink ones look brownish.

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
But the ones on the left are pink without brown. I thought color IS the point of FCD's. This seems like it would be compromising on color if you liked "white" diamonds. I don't but I do like pink without brown. I don't think they look very similar.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
10 gets you 20 that the average person won't be able to tell the difference. But Kenny would know. :)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
LisaRN|1319945546|3050238 said:
10 gets you 20 that the average person won't be able to tell the difference. But Kenny would know. :)

difference to my eye is there but not enough to pay the price difference!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1319992542|3050404 said:
LisaRN|1319945546|3050238 said:

difference to my eye is there but not enough to pay the price difference!

bingo_logo.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll take about 13 or so of those on the right for a partial eternity!

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
I agree. I recently purchased a 0.40 carat light brown-pink diamond. Although the GIA certificate says that it's about half brown, in person it faces up like orangy pink for a fraction of a cost.

brownpinkdiamond2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
susiegrneyes|1321990241|3066934 said:
I agree. I recently purchased a 0.40 carat light brown-pink diamond. Although the GIA certificate says that it's about half brown, in person it faces up like orangy pink for a fraction of a cost.

Brown is a great modifier if you want to keep your diamond forever. If you plan on reselling it, or buying it for investment, than it's better to go without a modifier like brown or grey.

Beautiful diamond Susie!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE brownish pink diamonds!! To my eye, they're even more attractive than straight pink. I guess I"m a "cheap date"!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
agree with you, Uppy! i'm just not a pink person but those with the brown modifier work for me.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny - love your BINGO note! you are a very funny person!! I love what you post!

Upgradeable - I highly doubt you are a cheap date - I've seen your treasures - nothing there says "cheap"!

I do love a 'deal' and if the owner is comfortable with a slight deviation from the "pure" pink/yellow/white (insert colour of choice here...) and can save a few $$$, I think go for it! Who doesn't love to get something that makes you feel good about your purchase?! I'm beginning to toy with the notion of a yellow or pink diamond ---- but I think I might need a small lottery win first. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1322009368|3067165 said:
Kenny - love your BINGO note! you are a very funny person!! I love what you post!

You may send a very large quantity of money to PS admin and ask them to forward it on to me. :lol:

susiegrneyes

Shiny_Rock
TL- that was exactly my thought when I purchased. I didn't purchase the diamond with the intention of making a profit on it. I will be using it in a pendant that I plan to wear on my wedding day. A pure pink diamond of that size is out of price range for me and, at $650.00, this one was just the right price :D

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
i hope to bring this post to the forfront as I am looking into purchasing either fancy deep brown pink or white stones to put in my halo with my .52 pear shape pendant. After all the great suggestions I am leaning towards white melee for the sparkle factor. But I won't be able to live with myself if I don't see the brown pink stones in person with my little brown pink pear

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
heididdl|1483912727|4113590 said:
i hope to bring this post to the forfront as I am looking into purchasing either fancy deep brown pink or white stones to put in my halo with my .52 pear shape pendant. After all the great suggestions I am leaning towards white melee for the sparkle factor. But I won't be able to live with myself if I don't see the brown pink stones in person with my little brown pink pear

heididdi- see if you can find regular fancy brownish pink rather than the deep fancy brownish pink. It will create at least some contrast with your deep pear. are you heading into Philly today to look?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results