shape
carat
color
clarity

Why are so many PSers so grumpy right now?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hah! The Brady Bunch was a far superior show to Alice.
I saw a few Alice episodes recently, and the acting was terrible! Although I did like Vic Tayback.

S

SallyB

I loved the show Alice when I was a kid. But I also watched it recently and, yeah, most of the acting was pretty bad.

The Brady Bunch was much better. Although Robert Reed hated it, Shakespearean actor that he was. :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm grumpy in general. you guys just don't get to see it much...

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loved the show Alice when I was a kid. But I also watched it recently and, yeah, most of the acting was pretty bad.

The Brady Bunch was much better. Although Robert Reed hated it, Shakespearean actor that he was. :lol:

I distinctly remember the jewelry references. That time when Marcia almost knocked over the house of cards with her charm bracelet. And the time that Jan received a mysterious heart locket in the mail. And when Cindy lost Carol's earrings that she wanted to wear to the costume ball.
Remember when they had current heartthrobs on? Davy Jones , Bobby Sherman, Joe Namath?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not insulated? where do you live?

In New Zealand so its winter
Everdently Wanganui has the 3rd most temperate climate in the world so the gardens are very lush and its just cold enough to get winter chilling for peaches and plums while citrus flourish in the summer heat but i think where we live is cooler at night being close to the river
I know in 4 months time ill be complaining about the heat :mrgreen2:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite, I'm sorry you're in this position. I hope that the future for your career does not end up the way you're fearing. If it's any tiny consolation, you're certainly not alone. Both DH and I were already struggling with our respective career fields that we have devoted our entire lives to being on the decline even before the pandemic - now we're both pretty much screwed as well, especially with age factored in. Looks like we'll spend the rest of our lives limping our way to and then through retirement doing gig work and such (once it's safe for us to leave the house again!) until we drop.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite and @OboeGal I am very sorry you are both dealing with this issue and hope it eventually works out and you can continue enjoying meaningful work (and making a good living) as soon as possible.

Keeping good thoughts for everyone's good health (emotional and physical well being) and financial well being too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @OboeGal we are truly in the same boat. I hope you have planted a Victory Garden? Mine is beginning to show some life. I suspect I will need it.

And @missy yet again you bring love and compassion to PS. You’re a natural born Ambassador. Thank you.

Thank you @PreRaphaelite you’re too kind. Many of us-you included, make PS a warm, loving, kind and supportive place to be. PS wouldn’t be the same without you ❤️

67A6E4D3-5CD5-4DB0-A3A2-4B04A3C1F015.jpeg

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Because there's an Opal worth $2k that has gone into the oblivion after flying off the stick during polishing. A 2 carat Opal with bright gem colour shouldn't be hard to find, but I've accepted after a week of searching that it's gone now ;(
Oh, and then discovered one of the cats knocked my Canon macro lens off the table in the office. That's another $500 or so

I better not catch any kids on my lawn next week...

You will find the opal...

I lost a diamond in my car and found it 1,5 years later.

BTW. Some really nice ones on your page - we will see :)

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I knew better. I seriously knew better, but I hadn’t had a hair cut since February and I thought I could just trim the ends (which apparently turned into 3 inches lol since my hair is short now).

I screwed it up bad. Lol. So now I’m trying to get an appointment on a small island on the coast for Tuesday.

On a more somber note, my friend’s two teenage boys were in ICU with covid-19. One was discharged and the other was lifeflighted to a big city and was placed on ECMO, which is absolutely a last chance effort, though one that could work. They ask for prayers. It has me in a depression (though it is NOT about me).

I now know 7 people personally who had Covid recently, and I’m not counting all their family members who got it from them if I never met those people.

S

SallyB

I distinctly remember the jewelry references. That time when Marcia almost knocked over the house of cards with her charm bracelet. And the time that Jan received a mysterious heart locket in the mail. And when Cindy lost Carol's earrings that she wanted to wear to the costume ball.
Remember when they had current heartthrobs on? Davy Jones , Bobby Sherman, Joe Namath?

I remember every one of these episodes @stracci2000 ! Although I’m not sure about the Bobby Sherman episode.

Bobby went from this:
1594492595494.jpeg

to this in real life (LAPD):
1594492702710.jpeg

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
On a more somber note, my friend’s two teenage boys were in ICU with covid-19. One was discharged and the other was lifeflighted to a big city and was placed on ECMO, which is absolutely a last chance effort, though one that could work. They ask for prayers. It has me in a depression (though it is NOT about me).

I now know 7 people personally who had Covid recently, and I’m not counting all their family members who got it from them if I never met those people.

So unbelievably bad and scary;( Hope the boy survives and recovers fully.

S

SallyB

@PreRaphaelite, I'm sorry you're in this position. I hope that the future for your career does not end up the way you're fearing. If it's any tiny consolation, you're certainly not alone. Both DH and I were already struggling with our respective career fields that we have devoted our entire lives to being on the decline even before the pandemic - now we're both pretty much screwed as well, especially with age factored in. Looks like we'll spend the rest of our lives limping our way to and then through retirement doing gig work and such (once it's safe for us to leave the house again!) until we drop.

I’m sorry, @OboeGal. Hugs.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember every one of these episodes @stracci2000 ! Although I’m not sure about the Bobby Sherman episode.

Bobby went from this:
1594492595494.jpeg

to this in real life (LAPD):
1594492702710.jpeg

He is still cute!
I was wrong, Bobby Sherman was on an episode of The Partridge Family

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So unbelievably bad and scary;( Hope the boy survives and recovers fully.

I know. It’s so awful. He was a triplet preemie so he has residual lung issues that predisposed him to this I guess. He is very medically fragile right now. I don’t know that he will survive this.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I know. It’s so awful. He was a triplet preemie so he has residual lung issues that predisposed him to this I guess. He is very medically fragile right now. I don’t know that he will survive this.

Terrible situation.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I knew better. I seriously knew better, but I hadn’t had a hair cut since February and I thought I could just trim the ends (which apparently turned into 3 inches lol since my hair is short now).

I screwed it up bad. Lol. So now I’m trying to get an appointment on a small island on the coast for Tuesday.

whitewave, this is hard. Please keep us updated on this young man. My prayers are with him and his family. It's a blessing that his brother recovered.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitewave, this is hard. Please keep us updated on this young man. My prayers are with him and his family. It's a blessing that his brother recovered.

He is doing as well as to be expected given he is on ECMO. He had a filter change for the machine and that went well.

No real change but another day where he didn’t die.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I woke up feeling slightly better becsuse a politician i really like an admire has been made leader of my party
I even went outside and did a bit of gardening

But covid 19 and its effects on people's lives is never far from my mind
thinking about your friend -
@whitewave

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results