shape
carat
color
clarity

Why all the bad moods?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I leave for a short vacation to Pennsylvania over the weekend and I come back to reading a LOT of hostility, complaining, arguing and mean posts. What happened? Why is everyone so cranky this week?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...No, not bad moods, just ridiculous threads!
9.gif
9.gif

(not this one)

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Although a little drama IS interesting, I''m just surprised that they''ve all popped up at once.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
And we''re all over them like white on rice
10.gif
You just can''t go away again
1.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know, but I think I need a PS break. So many threads I read today had hurtful comments, attitude, self-righteousness and bitter sarcasm. I''m tired. So many things and comments have made me angry today, and I don''t need that in my life. I wouldn''t be surprised if someone makes a quip about what I''m writing now.......

I''ll be back in a few days, maybe by then things will have simmered down a little.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
aww.. but IE... when you come back, there''s a *hug* waiting for you!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
IrishEyes: I am feeling a bit like you as well. A short sabbatical may indeed be in order. And I am crossing my fingers that this thread doesn''t spiral into something deeper.
9.gif
I deal with adverarial folk on my job everyday. I like to come to PS for a break from all that.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s funny - I''ve been gone for 3 days (I''m still on mini-vacation in Palm Springs, CA) and I logged in cuz PS is a bad bad addiction for me and I needed a little tiny fix
2.gif
and I was surprised to see some of the threads going around.

It happens every once in awhile, and i do think that people get carried away sometimes...but overwhelmingly I think many of the people here are very nice, honest, creative, etc...and I enjoy spending time here. Too much time sometimes.
2.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
IE.. I understand.. just took a little holiday for myself.. it is good to be back though..

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Welcome Back!
35.gif
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG, where are you in Palm Springs? We miss the Parker!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tell ya what, I need to go in spurts not because of this moodiness, but because the more I come on here the more the upgrade bug nibbles me.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
No joke ame. My husbabd hates this place. BTW, the shea is fabulous!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad you dig it! I love that stuff.

Yea my husband thinks its a breeding ground for insanity.

I have no idea what he might mean by that. It just gave me the idea to cremate him into a really bigass yellow diamond...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are actually at a house in the Mountain View Country Club. My sister works for a company that builds luxury homes and one of the perks is a free week at the company owned house. Talk about luxe!!! More to come (pics too!) when I return!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Bad mood?! *This*(see link below) is a diamond-related bad mood! LOL! It does speak to my sometimes mixed feelings about my own diamond fetish/PS/DT/DeBeers-DTC etc.

(*Warning* some profanity & raunchniess. Not for the easily offended.)

"JILL SOLOWAY (Diamonds)
Jill is Co-Executive Producer on the HBO series Six Feet Under for which she has received an Emmy nomination and won a Golden Globe Award. Her book of personal essays/memoir, Tiny Ladies in Shiny Pants,will be released in September, 2005, by Free Press...."

http://www.freshyarn.com/1/essays/soloway_diamonds.htm

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Mercury is in retrograde. It will be over on Aug. 15. Supposed to disrupt communication (one person says one thing - the other person hears something completely different). It happens 3 to 4 times a year. Boyfriend and I always have a huge blowout every time. Seriously - I don''t track when Mercury actually goes into retrograde; but whenever we have a major conflict - I now check to see if it currently is. Sure enough - it is ALWAYS the case. Mercury retrograde is also supposed to disrupt travel and equipment functioning properly.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what they say about women and their cycles, how when they ''hang out'', they all supposedly synchronize...hee.

Personally, I just think it''s the fact that a bunch of hormonal chicks hang out on a diamond forum. Oh and maybe the Mercury thing too.
9.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
LAJennifer,

That''s cool. I understood the significance of that whole "Mercury in Retrograde" bit myself. Thanks for unraveling a bit of the mystery.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Science, schmience. It's not "mercury in retrograde".....it's HUPS.
2.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/11/2005 6:03:21 PM
Author: kaylagee
Bad mood?! *This*(see link below) is a diamond-related bad mood! LOL! It does speak to my sometimes mixed feelings about my own diamond fetish/PS/DT/DeBeers-DTC etc.

(*Warning* some profanity & raunchniess. Not for the easily offended.)

''JILL SOLOWAY (Diamonds)

Jill is Co-Executive Producer on the HBO series Six Feet Under for which she has received an Emmy nomination and won a Golden Globe Award. Her book of personal essays/memoir, Tiny Ladies in Shiny Pants,will be released in September, 2005, by Free Press....''

http://www.freshyarn.com/1/essays/soloway_diamonds.htm

All I have to say is.... one day she will figure out -she can go out and just buy one.

and her mystery and anguish will dissipate.

But, she does, so enjoy being angry, and in certain ways I''m sure it makes her happy, fufilled, satisfied. So in that way - maybe the carrot should always hang for her..

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
bit o'
11.gif
's advocate -

Ohhh we all know it's not the same thing when we buy 'em ourselves. LOL! ("...Raise your right hands" and all that jazz doesn't count)...
I'm thinking of rings in partic/ (when it comes to earrings and other pieces, well it doesn't matter so much to me what the source)

I would have been twice as thrilled if my husband had actually come to PS on his own, did some research and(well maybe some investigation, hints) & presented me with one of my rings.

Sadly this hasn't been the case for me. He offered an occasional comment about styles etc., groused a bit, agreed and paid but that's about it.

When I look through my Liz Taylor jewelry book and read her stories esp. the Richard Burton ones.... I do get a twinge of envy and awe. I do wonder what her secret was/is.

Same w/some of the threads here. I love it when the man is doing most of the work and scheming!

So, on that level, I guess I share some of Soloway's bitterness and confusion.
40.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jill, just rotate your hips and cover your teeth with your lips. They like that.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/12/2005 8:23:27 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Jill, just rotate your hips and cover your teeth with your lips. They like that.
9.gif
11.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
ROTFL!!!!
I read the essay...someone just got left behind and is feelign whiny. Beh.
Kinda makes you wonder what would happen if she hit PS. Aot of ladies whose husband love them are thrilled when they can give them something that was out of their reach when they got married....
Good for a laugh. I bet my old women studies Prof woudl give her a hug and a pat on the back.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock

heehee the first part, I've got down pat...the second is trickier. No complaints, of course.
41.gif

So if i'm more careful 'bout covering my teeth, I won't have to select my own diamonds in the future?!
Super!

MBijoux, you're.... well, a bijou! LOL! Merci mille fois..

Your grateful student, K
34.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/12/2005 10:11:54 AM
Author: Matatora

Good for a laugh. I bet my old women studies Prof woudl give her a hug and a pat on the back.

9.gif
9.gif
lol!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results