shape
carat
color
clarity

Whole Foods Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to alert my fellow foodie cooking gals to the Whole Foods website which has tons of recipes. The good thing is that almost every recipe also has nutritional information so for those of us who are being more calorie and food conscious can know what they are consuming. I also tried one so far and it was REALLY GOOD. We are going to try another one or two this week.

For those who don''t have a local Whole Foods (WF)...they are a boutique kind of supermarket. They have excellent produce and fish/meats and they also do great pre-packs which come in handy for lunch and easy dinners!

http://www.wholefoods.com/recipes/

Enjoy!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mara!!! I will definitely check them out. We are lucky to have 2 whole Foods near by.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooooooooh fun will have to check the website out. When I was in Houston I took a one night cooking class at the local Whole Foods...SO much fun!!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Love their recipe and cooking tips - especially the ethnic cooking pantry item explanations...

If only we had a Whole Foods here, that would be much better!!! I''ve made all of my friends go to the website to suggest OKC as a new store location - it''s ridiculous that we don''t have one here. Tulsa, a smaller metro area, at least has a Wild Oats Market - not quite as great as Whole Foods but similar... But here in OKC we have very few options for our grocery shopping.

39.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tip. I shop about 50% at WF, for meat with no antibiotics and organic produce. But lately, I am buying a few more items from the regular store because some of WF''s prices are out in the stratosphere. I got a bag of cherries there the other day and I was not paying attention to how much it cost. I was looking at the receipt and it was $20 for just under two pounds. No more cherries there.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know allison, sometimes their fruit is soo expensive. greg always refers to my $12 grapes because i would get 3 lbs at $4 each but they were so good. well he complained so much the next time we went to the local safeway, i got some grapes there for $6 and they were SO SOUR and gross i didn''t even eat them. so i said hey at least i EAT the $12 grapes rather than throwing out the $6 ones.
5.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if this is a rumor or not, but a coworker told me that Walmart is going to start selling organic foods, and that Whole Foods is going to be slashing prices because who can compete with Walmart prices? I thought that was interesting. Who knows if that will turn out to be so?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG .. i know our local safeway is trying to compete more and has a whole organic section for produce which is pretty competitive with it's non organic pricing. but honestly i'd rather pay more at WF than get crappy produce elsewhere. for me the perks of WF is their fresh meats and fish, their excellent produce (more fruits than veggies really), and their pre-pack stuff like for lunch or salads etc which are exceptional in terms of taste and quality. i don't know that safeway or walmart can really compete on those 'fresh' type items at all (who would go to walmart to buy fresh ahi tuna?)...but for other processed packaged foods, probably. i notice that safeway is carrying some of the same processed, boxed brands as WF.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I
30.gif
Whole Foods! We shop there quite a bit! I almost bought the WF cookbook a few years ago, but it was like $50 or something like that so I passed. Now their recipies are online -- thanks Mara!

If you get the chance, try the Sonoma Chicken Salad! So yummy!

I am getting hungry!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results