shape
carat
color
clarity

Whoa! Earthquake!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... here in Southern California, local time 4:44 AM.
It was a big sudden jolt.
I heard the house creaking.

No damage, nothing fell, just scared the crap out of me.
I really hate those things! :knockout:

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lennox is next to Los Angeles international airport, LAX.

:eek-2::knockout:

kfhg.png

Last edited:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I felt the first one at 4:15 as well! the house lightly jolted and creaked weird but none of the cats moved. The one at 4:44 jolted a pearl out of my hand... i had it balanced on a setting to see how it'd look and it rolled off.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah, glad both of you are ok. Scary stuff.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Woah, glad both of you are ok. Scary stuff.

Meh, only 4.0... not enough to get out of bed for normally. :lol: None of my cats even moved. I do prefer the rolling ones that make you feel drunk vs the jolty type though.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People don't think of NJ being an earthquake zone, but we've actually had a couple that occurred along the Ramapo fault. One was really loud, like the loudest clap of thunder you ever heard. Glad you all are ok, but it must happen fairly often around the San Andreas fault. I'm into geology so of course I find all of this fascinating.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My aunt and uncle used to live in Carmel Ca and they said every single day there were small tremors. We visited them a few times but I was little and don’t remember that. I do remember making homemade ice cream there and well, let’s just say we went out to dinner with the ice cream machine on and came home to overflowing homemade ice cream. Hahahaha. I miss those days. Sweet. Literally and figuratively. :)

Glad y’all ok and it was just a minor earthquake. :))

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate earthquakes, never got used to them living in Japan for 5 years.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you guys are ok.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank goodness you are all okay. I wouldn’t be comfortable knowing they could happen at any time....
We had a minor one in Missouri when I lived there many years ago after I went to bed. The posts on my bed moved and I heard a rumble. It happened really quickly..I remember running around the house and looking out the window. My husband was away on a business trip at the time. I decided it was a really heavy truck coming down my street so I went back to bed. I found out in the morning from the news that it was an earthquake.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have felt three in Illinois , once in the 1960s. The other two about 10 years ago.
Glad you are all ok!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Earthquakes are definitely weird!

cheers--Sharon

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
Didn't feel the first, but definitely felt the second! Was worried for a second that it was going to rock even harder as the shaking seemed a bit longer than normal. :shock:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Slept like a baby, didn’t feel a thing...I’m almost 50 miles away in south OC, but probably used to little daily tremors.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Was worried for a second that it was going to rock even harder as the shaking seemed a bit longer than normal. :shock:

For me the worst part of earthquakes is not knowing if the shaking you're feeling is the peak or just the beginning. :knockout:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a tremor here a few months ago, in a place that doesn't normally do earthquakes. It only lasted a few seconds, thankfully, but it made my desk hutch and headboard shake, and a few possessions fell over.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
For me the worst part of earthquakes is not knowing if the shaking you're feeling is the peak or just the beginning. :knockout:

Glad your ok
hate those things more and more as the years go on
never used to worry about the smaller ones - used to just think it was good to let off a bit of tectonic pressure but now we know those smaller quakes can set off previously unknown faults

Stay safe

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results