shape
carat
color
clarity

Who walked you down the aisle?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Was it your Dad? If no, why not, and if anyone, who did walk you down the aisle.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 3:38:03 PM
Author: rhbgirl24
My mother and my father. They were divorced when I was a baby, so she raised me and I thought she deserved the honor as well.

I love this idea. I think it''s so fabulous and it makes it more about honoring your parents as opposed to a "giving away." What a great way to include both parents.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My father passed away when I was a kid and my Mom walked me down the aisle, I wouldn''t have had it any other way.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
My dad did. I really considered having both of my parents do it (I love both of them, but I''m closer to my mom) ... not sure why I didn''t. I guess because dad is more traditional so I just went with it.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
My brother walked me down the aisle.

My dad is not a part of my life, and while I have a step-dad, we''ve never been close. My brother has been my protector always, and he always said he wanted to give me away. So he did.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
my mom walked me down. she raised me alone and i wouldn''t have had it any other way... we walked down to Into the Mystic

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
My mom and dad walked me down together. It was really special to me because they got divorced when I was very little.

My mom and dad actually each walked down a few minutes earlier with their spouses (my stepdad and stepmom) and then snuck out a side door and met me in the back again to walk me down together at the end. They each wanted to walk down with their current husband/wife but also wanted me to have them walk me down together because they knew it was important to me. It looked a little odd to the guests, but I didn''t care as long as I got to have both my parents walk me down the aisle.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
In my culture, it is traditional for the bride and groom to walk in together to symbolize beginning their marriage on equal footing. I loved the cultural significance, but I love the symbolism even more. I especially liked the lack of any "giving away" of anyone. My parents walked in together, and DH and I did the same. (No hurt feelings or anything on the part of my dad, of course, since he totally understood and supported the tradition.)

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH and I walked down together. My dad died when I was a child, but I think even had he been alive I would have walked with DH. I, like kittybean, really enjoyed the symbolism of us going together.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
My dad walked me down the aisle. I thought about having both of my parents walk me down the aisle, but when we got to the rehearsal, our coordinator asked everyone to line up and my brothers both walked to each side of my mom and it just looked right...

So my brothers walked my mother in and my dad walked me in. My parents also divorced when I was young and I didn''t want to force them together. They ended up sitting together and talking during the reception. I even saw a few pictures of them together in my pro pics!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Katamari, that''s so cool that you walked down together, too! I haven''t heard of anyone else doing that (that isn''t Ukrainian-Byzantine Catholic, that is).

honey22

Ideal_Rock
My Daddy. I wouldn''t have had it any other way. He was so proud and emotional. Mum tells me it''s his proudest moment ever.

honey22walkingdown.jpg

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 10:39:37 PM
Author: kittybean
Katamari, that''s so cool that you walked down together, too! I haven''t heard of anyone else doing that (that isn''t Ukrainian-Byzantine Catholic, that is).

Kittybean and Katamari! I love that you both walked in with your DH''s!!! I agree the symbolism is quite perfect for the day. I have been on the fence about who and how and what - since we''re in the midst of some family issues - but since it is a UKRAINIAN Catholic tradition, I may just have to use this as the reason we''re embracing this tradition! My grandmother, who is 94, is Ukrainian Byzantine Catholic. Her parents came over from Ukraine forever ago and although I don''t think she''ll make the wedding because of the strains of traveling at her age, she''d be thrilled to know we embraced a tradition from her religion. While we''re not Ukrainian Catholic, the familial ties would make it special. Thanks for sharing!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Honey, that is so nice and what a great photo! You two look stunning! Hearing what your mum has to say about it makes my heart flutter a little!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I walked down the aisle by myself my dad and I aren''t that close so it wasn''t something I really thought about. Looking back it would''ve been nice to have someone (either him or my DH) with me for that walk since I was terrified.
32.gif

ProseCuter

Rough_Rock
This wasn''t my first marriage, so I didn''t feel like it was appropriate for my dad to give me away. (I haven''t lived with my parents for 25 years!) My 19 year old son did the honors. My daughter was my MOH, so it was very special to me to have both of them involved.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 8:24:21 AM
Author: megumic
Honey, that is so nice and what a great photo! You two look stunning! Hearing what your mum has to say about it makes my heart flutter a little!

Aww thanks! I feel emotional everytime I think about it. My Dad just had the best day. He is still telling anyone that listens that his oldest daughter recently got married, he is as proud as punch
1.gif

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
My Dad. We had the greatest time in the few moments leading up to the processional and he was so excited to do it! It was awesome being able to share that.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My dad and mt step dad. I couldn''t have just one or the other, so I chose both!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
I also had both parents walk me down the aisle. My parents didn''t divorce until I was 16, but I''m super close to my mom, and always have had a special relationship with my mom. I knew it was something my mom really wanted to be a part of, since the father of the bride gets so many duties, and she didn''t want to be left out (no speech, no mother daighter dance...haha). She kinda was pissed that my dad didn''t contribute to the wedding but she worked her butt off to make it the best day ever for me, so of course I had her walk me down the aisle too. She was so excited, and I had her walk on my left, dad on the right. I love love love the pics of the 3 of us. We were all crying together...and none of us could keep it together.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Dad did.
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2010 5:08:58 PM
Author: elledizzy5
My brother walked me down the aisle.

My dad is not a part of my life, and while I have a step-dad, we've never been close. My brother has been my protector always, and he always said he wanted to give me away. So he did.
That made me tear up. I think it's so sweet that you and your brother are so close.

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
I walked myself 1/2 way down the aisle and my Hubby met me 1/2 way and walked me the rest of the way. We had a destination wedding and got married in Jamaica. We just got married 2-8-10. I have a thread on here with a link to the pics from the BWW thread. We got married on the beach and I walked to him while they were playing "Kissing You" by Des''ree. It''s from teh soundtrack of Romeo and Juliet. It was perfect and I wouldn''t have changed a thing.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
My dad walked me down
1.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
My mom walked me down.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results