shape
carat
color
clarity

Who to set emerald?

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I am the lucky new owner of a 3.35 Columbian emerald and would like it set like the one in the picture. It is shaped the same with the steep corners. There is a very small window that I am hoping will close up when set and I just want someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to colored stones.

Are there any setters that would be recommended specifically for a softer stone like emerald- or all the same usual suspects that Ps'ers love for diamonds?

I need someone who can pick the best proportions side stones for my stone, maybe lay out diamond step cut half moons or shields for me to compare. NIce claw prongs and be willing to work with yellow gold for the emerald, the rest of the ring in platinum.

steep_corners_setting.jpg

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
this is my new stone! It is 3.35 with cert minor cedar oil only.

_36458.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning emerald :love: :love: :love:
David Klass has an experienced bench that is used to setting colored stones. He recently created an amazing Emerald ring for a PSer

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous green color. I really can't wait to see how this turns out! :appl:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1455748613|3992269 said:
What a stunning emerald :love: :love: :love:
David Klass has an experienced bench that is used to setting colored stones. He recently created an amazing Emerald ring for a PSer

I too think David would be an excellent choice.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Depends on your budget and expectations. If you want perfect proportions, beautiful prongs and have a healthy budget (and can tolerate some attitude), Leon Mege is the way to go. David Klass is more budget friendly but communication can be spotty and projects can take a while.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Not doing Leon Mege so need plan B. I thought I was going to buy a sapphire a year ago and he showed me one stone. I turned it down and he said he would never work with me again. C'est la vie!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I you love Leon's work, but not his attitude, you could consider to contact Steven Kirsch or Victor Canera. They only do handforged work and the pricing is relatively high, but the amazing quality is woth it.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I might do something like this, but without all the pave. I think interesting with less prongs on side stones. Waiting for quotes. Seems voices have pros and cons working with SK. And VC has so much pave examples on site, less classic 3 stone like LM.

_965.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a stunning design from Victor :love: :love: :love:
It will be lovely with or without any pave :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very nice emerald. I have to borrow your namesake, I am definitely green with envy here.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results