shape
carat
color
clarity

Who to buy a asscher cut sapphire from?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I want a asscher cut sapphire in a light color (yellow, light blue, light pink, green, light purple.. anything really!) and have been looking at different PS favorite vendors. I have seen some very pretty asschers cut by Jeff White, by Gary at Finewater Gems, and from Gene at Precision Gem. I'm not picky about color, and I'd be fine buying from inventory or commissioning a custom cut. I.E.... I'm not too picky! I want a sapphire because it's harder than a spinel or tourmaline, and I plan to make this into a RHR that I can wear pretty often.

Who do you folks recommend for a beautifully cut asscher sapphire, and are there any vendors I'm missing? Thanks folks!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am curious, too, but have not seen many (any?).

Even precision-cut sapphires are still cut for weight retention so they are not the best candidate for a constrained geometry like an Asscher. They may be well cut and symmetric but they are not optimized for optical performance. And you would be limited to the paler, less desirable sapphire colors, imo.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I am curious, too, but have not seen many (any?).

Even precision-cut sapphires are still cut for weight retention so they are not the best candidate for a constrained geometry like an Asscher. They may be well cut and symmetric but they are not optimized for optical performance. And you would be limited to the paler, less desirable sapphire colors, imo.

Thankfully I am after the paler colors! I would love a light pink, light blue, light green, light purple, yellow.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jeff White, I'd get him to custom cut it as it needs to have the right tone to be able to see the steps clearly.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I just bought an asscher cut amethyst! I wanted to see if I liked the cut before I dove in and spent 10x more on a sapphire. The amethyst is a lovely medium purple, so I’ll also be able to gage if I like the cut + color combo. :)

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Asscher is one of my favorite cuts for colored stones. A real sapphire asscher isn't going to happen for me anytime soon, so I bought an unmentionable grass green sapphire to scratch the itch. The cut is really lovely in person, I think you'll be pleased with your amethyst. Post pics when you get it!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
If you go to the Natural Sapphire Company website you can search by cut and they have a lot of asschers.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't go wrong with either Jeff White or Gary Braun at Finewater Gems IMHO.

Both have cut an Asscher for me, Blue Zircon with Jeff and a lab Sapphire with Gary, and they are both beautiful.

If I have to choose between the two, then it will be Jeff as I have longer dealings with him, and every custom cut stone is a beauty.

DK =)2

Edited to say I have only just seen the OP's latest post with regard to purchasing an Asscher cut Amethyst - I hope you like it, and please provide a follow up and post pics when you have it.

Have you considered a lab Sapphire? Gary still has lab Sapphire roughs in different colours, just saying. :Up_to_something:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I got my amethyst! E71324B8-7E94-46F7-937E-4EEAF02AD510.jpeg
E468EAFA-499D-4EB6-AA73-0FFAF469254C.jpeg

20B1C9E1-5610-439F-895E-B845D4E4D798.jpeg

I got it from Andrew’s Enchanted Gems on Etsy, since @Mreader got hers from him. He was super easy to work with and the stone is beautifully cut!

Attachments

• 4F146438-99E0-47FF-8390-0F033F98D799.jpeg
    4F146438-99E0-47FF-8390-0F033F98D799.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 18

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Can't go wrong with either Jeff White or Gary Braun at Finewater Gems IMHO.

Both have cut an Asscher for me, Blue Zircon with Jeff and a lab Sapphire with Gary, and they are both beautiful.

If I have to choose between the two, then it will be Jeff as I have longer dealings with him, and every custom cut stone is a beauty.

DK =)2

Edited to say I have only just seen the OP's latest post with regard to purchasing an Asscher cut Amethyst - I hope you like it, and please provide a follow up and post pics when you have it.

Have you considered a lab Sapphire? Gary still has lab Sapphire roughs in different colours, just saying. :Up_to_something:

I am absolutely okay with a lab sapphire! Gary has some really pretty ones. When I get my bling fund replenished again haha

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s gorgeous!!! :appl:I will certainly be purchasing from him again :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Vishal Batwara please read the forum rules, as your post violates them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results