shape
carat
color
clarity

Who said it first?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
and how far into the relationship?

He did after we''d dated for about seven months.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband said it first. He said it only a month after we began dating exclusively, which was 2-3 months after we met.

We met at the end of October in 2003 and we began dating exclusively at the beginning of December. We decided to go to Quebec City for a few days around New Years, and he said it the first night we checked into the hotel. It might have been on NYE but I can''t remember. I do remember that we had gone to a very quaint restaurant and it bean snowing during dinner. It was such a great night -- very romantic!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
who said what first??
33.gif
...lets get it on??
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
He did. It was after a month of dating... Gosh that''s ages ago.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
He said it first. Only three weeks after we were together! lol I didn''t quite know what to say as that wasn''t very far along. . .

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I honestly have no idea - I can''t recall - but I bet it was me. He was always more uncertain about just jumping in with stuff like that if he thought I might rebuke him.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 8:54:05 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
I honestly have no idea - I can't recall -
hahahahha
9.gif
that is how I feel too; I just asked hubby and we both don't know, nor when.
9.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
He did, about a month in. It took me another few weeks.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
He did, just a little over one year of dating exclusively.
What can I say? We move slowly.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
He did after about 6 weeks.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
He did, after 6 weeks dateing
9.gif

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
He did, he said it as he was getting me drunk the day after my mum died 5 months after we met. I would never have said it to him first, hearing him say it made me realise how I felt about him and I said it too. Actually I would have rather had my eyes poked out with a sharp stick than say it first!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Haven, don''t feel bad...

he said it first after 1 yr, 11 months... after I asked him why he had never said it!
9.gif
He said, ''can''t you tell''? (he said it later that night)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
We were best friends for 2 years, so it was... 2 years. We knew we loved each other more than best friends though.
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had known eachother for 6 months, dating for 3 months. He said it first.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Me, about three months into dating and eight months of knowing each other. I think it scared her--it took her a couple more weeks.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
He did. It's something I'm going to remember because of where we were. It was August 29, 2005. Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans and he wanted to know where I was.

ETA: It was 5 months after I met him.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
He did, nearly 2 years after I met him. It was only the 3rd visit once we were long distance though.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
He said it, after we had only been dating for 2 weeks! I was definitely taken aback and not quite there yet with him. I chalked it up to me being his first serious girlfriend, but he insists he just knew right from the start, which I now find totally sweet.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I did about 3 months in. I think he was too scared to say it first.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
He did after maybe a month or two of dating? I wasn''t ready to say it back yet, so I told him "I like you more than friends." Hahaha...poor guy! He kept saying it though, and I kept saying "I like you more than friends" for another month or so until I was ready to say "I love you" back!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Three months. And he said it. But we were really young (16 years old) so I didn''t say it back for another 6 months. I didn''t believe you could fall in love after 6 months, (Kind of still skeptical about that still, but that''s just me).

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I said it first, but only after he told me that he believed he was falling for me. That was about 6 weeks in.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH said it first. It was so sweet, he planned a nice evening out to drop the bomb. He made reservations and took me out to a fancy dinner, and then was acting all nervous and jumpy after the check came. I asked him if everything was ok a few times. Then he told me!
30.gif
It was almost 5 months to the day that we met.

I'll never forget the date, because he did it on 7/7/07!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
What great stories! And isn''t it interesting that it seems most likely that the guy is the first to make that verbal commitment?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
He did. We''d been seeing each other (not exclusively) for 8 months, I kissed him, and he said it. We decided to "go steady" then.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also think it''s interesting that many guys said it first. My husband actually asked me to move in with him on our way back home from that trip to QC I mentioned above. We hadn''t been dating for too long so I declined. He kept asking me at various points, but we didn''t move in together officially until two years later when we bought our condo.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I said it first maybe 4-5 months into the relationship. I told him I didn''t want to hear I love you in return since I didn''t want him to feel he HAD to say it. I told him when you''re ready (if ever) then you say it. He was involved in a white water rapids accident (someone died), my husband started to drown (he was the last guy to be pulled out of the water) and told me the first person to pop into his head was me...all he could think of was me. That''s when he knew he loved me and had to tell me. He came right to my house and told me he loved me (that was like 5 mo after I initially told him).

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
this is a funny story...not with my husband but an ex of mine

We were together a while and had the talk about feelings. He tells me that he's been telling me his feelings for a long time. I had no clue what he meant...never heard him say anything about how he felt except that he really liked me. He said I've been telling you I LOVE YOU for the longest
33.gif
I said where have I been? I've never heard you say you loved me...he said don't you hear me say AS YOU WISH all the time. I said yes...he said that means I love you
33.gif
WHAT? In what language does that mean I love you. He said it was from the movie Princess Bride....DUH...I had never seen Princess Bride. Such a boy thing to do (we were 19yr old)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
He did, after a few weeks of dating. I will admit we were young, but he has always told me that he knew from the get go that he wanted to be with me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results