shape
carat
color
clarity

Who picks groomsmen attire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Who picks groom and groomsmen attire?
My FI thinks he does, but i thought I would - or that we would do it together?
So - who picks it? Him or Me?
I am not set on it being either way, i just want to know how its done. Thanks ! AGAIN!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I doubt there are any ''rules'' about it. I know I want to be part of picking out FI''s and the GM''s attire, because I know what will match my dress and the BM dresses.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I don''t think there are any set rules. Generally, I''d assume the bride and groom choose together (or just the bride if she has the better fashion/stylistic taste).

FI and I will be choosing together... I''ll probably pick out a lot of options, since I''m good researching, and he''ll tell me what he likes best.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I WISH he would pick. If I don''t drag him to the store, he''s going to show up to our wedding in his birthday suit.
9.gif
So, it''s going to be my choice.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on how good your FI''s taste is
27.gif
If he''s a snazzy dresser, then sure, let him choose! If he''s like mine and wears nothing fancier than a polo shirt and jeans, maybe you should pick for him
2.gif
I know I''ll have the final say on what FI wears and he''s ok with that (though I think he wants some kind of imput).

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
you know what, now that i think of it, fiance is a great dresser, i should just let him pick.
although one day he did come home with a motor cycle shirt/tank top thingy with frayed edges on the shoulders. PAH!
19.gif
26.gif
28.gif
38.gif

LMAO!!!!
hmmm on 2nd thought, maybe i should be involved in some fashion! LOL

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why wouldn''t you pick it together?? I don''t get it.

We were pretty much a team for all wedding decisions. In case of disagreement (though it was never an issue), he deferred to me for women''s attire, and I deferred to him for men''s attire.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 12:01:34 PM
Author: musey

We were pretty much a team for all wedding decisions. In case of disagreement (though it was never an issue), he deferred to me for women''s attire, and I deferred to him for men''s attire.
Ditto. We just went to the tux place 2 weeks ago. All of us - me, FI, my dad, the groomsmen (3), and my nephew/ringbearer. FI tried on a bunch of jackets. Once we narrowed it down to the two-button style that we both liked, the rest was easy. They only had one style of vest/tie that matched the particular green shade of the BM dresses. I left it up to FI if he wanted to match the GM''s, and he elected to get the same tie and vest, but in ivory. My dad wanted to be different and get a bowtie, which is fine.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Pick together--if you disagree, then deal with it. I''m sure you can come to a compromise if your tastes vastly differ.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would let him pick, but retain veto power.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
ILPC - We are picking together. It just seems easier that way. FI has a great sense of style and I am confident that he will pick something fantastic, however, I know my dress and the bm dresses so ... working in tandem we are able to make the best choice/s for our wedding.

As far as who is responsible for corraling the gm''s and making sure that they get their measurements in time and pick up their tuxes etc ... That is fi''s responsibility. I''m pretty sure that he will have a little birdie, in the form of me, ensuring that he stays on top of it, though.
2.gif

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
You can pick your your FI's groom/groomsmen attire if you let him pick your gown and your bridesmaids dresses ;-)

Seriously, if he specifically expressed interest in picking out his own attire, I think you should give him the chance to find something he likes. If he comes back with something that is totally not appropriate for your wedding, then I think you can tell him. But if what he picks out is appropriate/fine (but perhaps not *your* first choice) I'd let your FI have his way and not rain on his parade. I mean, he has to wear the tux all day (and look at himself in it in pictures forever) so I think he should like the way he looks. If he asks for your opinion, feel free to give it. But I would really try hard to let him feel like he has the majority say in the way he looks that day.

Besides, how badly could he really screw it up? As long as he doesn't want to wear an neon orange vest (when your wedding colors are yellow and blue) then I doubt anyone is going to notice whether he's wearing a Calvin Klein tux two button tux vs. a Hugo Boss three button tux...

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Here's how we're going to do it, in the exact order (lol):

1st: I pick out all the suits that I know would look good on him.

2nd: He then starts to filter them out, while I provide input (polite word for "influence." Lol).

3rd: He goes to try on the suits that remain, with me coming along.

4th: I have the final say on what looks good on him.

This is how we shop for clothes for him EVERY time actually, and we always agree with each other on what looks good. If I think that something makes him look unattractive, I'd give him the reasons why.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I def think the two of your should agree on your attire, but when it comes down to it, the brides gown dictates the dress of the rest of the party to a degree. If the bride is having a super formal princess style ball gown complete with chapel length veil and tiara, it would look strange with the groom wearing slacks and just a shirt.

Most ladies want to keep their dress a secret, so you really need to guide the boys in their choices. I would let them pic a few favs and then decide together.

My man isn''t really fussed what he wears, which is great. We are going shopping together.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 12:01:34 PM
Author: musey

Totally agree here. We are shopping together for everything.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone, with this wedding planning - there are SO many things that FI and I just dont know "what is typically done" (shower invites, who walks who down aisle, etc etc etc)

So, the other day i sent FI a few photos of attire ideas i liked and he responded with, "oh i thought i had said i would take care of it for the guys, do you not trust my taste"? kind of jokingly.
and i responded to him by saying that typically both the bride and groom pick out the attire together, and that I definitly want to be involved in the process.
.................. and then I posted this post here to ask you guys your opinions - JUST to be sure I was right in thinking that.
20.gif

I''m glad you all agree and I wasn''t wrong by telling him that. Thanks all!

He is fine with doing whatever. We are just both clueless on a lot of this stuff! THANK GOD FOR PRICESCOPE AND ALL OF YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results