shape
carat
color
clarity

Who paid for your shower?

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Hey Girls. I am just wondering for your bridal shower who paid for it? Was it your bridesmaids or someone else? For mine my mom did, but my bridesmaids did all the fun stuff. I know this common with a lot of my friends. I am just wondering what is common with others. Thanks!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I'm pretty certain my Mum actually bankrolled it, but my sister (MOH) and other bridesmaids were the ones on the invites and preserved my sanity! I was terrified of opening gifts in front of so many people! As for the in-law shower, I think it was my MIL and she did a beautiful job! (I had two showers because of geographic distance.)

ETA MOST of my friends showers were largely funded by older adults, ie moms, aunts, etc. A few showers were truly covered by bridesmaids but those were all in families where the parental relationship was a bit cantankerous. As my mum put it "Your friends have enough other places to spend their money. It's import to me that the shower be a certain way, so it's my job to finance it."

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Several of my mom''s closest friends hosted one shower for me. (These women are like my "second moms".)

Several of DH''s mom''s very close friends hosted another shower. My husband''s mom passed away in 2002, and I think her friends were very intent on throwing a shower that she would have loved. It was very sweet.

I''ve stood up in many weddings, yet never hosted a shower. There were always older family friends who insisted on hosting the showers. This seems to be what happens most around here.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My bridesmaids paid for the shower--I''m pretty sure it was mostly my MOH, who hosted the shower at her parents'' gorgeous home. She was a wonderful MOH!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
My mum paid for mine. My bridal party helped make her dream vision come true by putting in some favor labor.
41.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Not a single one of my bridesmaids showed up for my shower, helped plan...nothing. don't get me started.
As for the question, my husband's wonderful aunts threw one that was so much fun! They did a kitchen theme, had games themed off the kitchen and great food, I loved loved LOVED it and it made me feel so special and like they really cared about our marriage (unlike *cough* others *cough*)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had two showers. One was hosted by my mom and her friend, and they paid for it. The shower was held at my mom''s friend''s house. My sister, MOH, took care of the invitations and RSVPs. I didn''t have a bridal party.

My other shower was hosted by my MIL and my husband''s sisters. they took care of all the arrangements. This one was held at a golf club''s restaurant.

JerseyGrl81

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ladies. I am in two wedding next spring and I am trying to figure out if I am responsible to host the shower or if someone else will.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My aunt and bridesmaids threw my shower. It was hosted at my Aunt''s house and it was just a light brunch. Relatively inexpensive but oh so lovely. Showers don''t need to be huge fancy "white gloved" affairs.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
My bridesmaids did some of the planning for my shower, but my mom paid for everything and held it in her house.

I am a bridesmaid next week in a wedding and we just planned and hosted the shower a couple weeks ago. The bridesmaids paid for most of it, but her mom paid for some things as well. It was held in another bridesmaid''s house.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My aunt did.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I had 2 showers b/c of the divorced family each wanting one/not wanting to have one together. My bridesmaids had nothing to do with them.

My mother and her best friend held and jointly paid for one of them at a golf club and my dad''s wife and her sisters paid for the other at one of the step-aunt''s houses.

In my experience, if the family is far away or the couple is younger, it appears that family tends to plan/pay for the shower where as with local family and higher earning couples, the bridesmaids or others will plan/pay for it. Just my experience though...

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
My MOH is paying for my J&J shower.
Other weddings I''ve been, we piched in as BMs. and with a few weddings, the Bride''s mother paid (that was becasue we were in our early 20''s so none of us had any money yet.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results