shape
carat
color
clarity

Who out there has been on PS the longest that is still active?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been here 18 yrs, almost time to retire from here.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sept 7, 2004 for me. Time flies! lol There were a lot more e-rings and weddings happening back then, at least ones that got posted about on PS. The LIW subforum was always busy. Upgrading had reached a fever pitch. The cut wars were still being fought, I think.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The old days were more intimidating than these days and I lurked for several years before daring to sign up and post. Everything was hellfire and brimstone, with strong words and even stronger opinions. Yet, at the end of the day, friendships remain strong and nobody held any grudges.

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I preceded all you spring chickens! Well, except for Wink. I took a long break to let my bank account recover from this expensive hobby, which I may have to do again soon...

You are another of those early timers that I remember fondly. Please come around and grace us more often with your thoughts.

Wink

Wink

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I wish. Being here certainly has had a depleting effect on my retirement income :mrgreen:

Perhaps my friend, but I will hazard the guess your quality of gems was greatly improved by your interesting times here. Yes?

Wink

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps my friend, but I will hazard the guess your quality of gems was greatly improved by your interesting times here. Yes?

Most assuredly dear Wink. Quality has improved as well as size since there is no cure for DSS & CSSS (colored stone shrinkage syndrome).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yet, at the end of the day, friendships remain strong and nobody held any grudges.
Not true. I don't hold any grudges but members held grudges against me. I'm on at least a dozen member's ignored list... :lol:

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Valentine's Day 2005. Guess I'm in with the "old farts" too!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not true. I don't hold any grudges but members held grudges against me. I'm on at least a dozen member's ignored list... :lol:

I disagree.
I don't see the ignore list as a grudge list.

People vary.
Some don't care to hear/read from again based on what they've posted in the past.
I know that's how some here feel about me, and how I feel about some here.
It's a Win Win!

I see this as an indication of wisdom, maturity, and intelligence.
Do you open your door for ... everyone?
In your real life, have you never discontinued a relationship?

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you know we're not just there to rob you blind? :Up_to_something:

Kenny, you must show me your Octavia before you can come into my house.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, you must show me your Octavia before you can come into my house.

Invite me over when you have some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Even we Octavia owners vary.
Some of us must be cannibalistic mass murders.

can.png

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have never believed that people put you on "ignore", although you have always claimed that they do.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been here since January 2003. I came to PS looking for my 10 year anniversary ring and I never left.
Today is my 28th anniversary and I’ve acquired more jewelry than I ever imagined I would when I first joined.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I was an earlier one, and wrote a good bit in our early days. I'm a bit sporadic now...but enjoy tuninng in.
Isn't Valeria (or wasn't she) in the business, and exited when turning pro?
Ira Z.

CutMonkey

Rough_Rock
June 3, 2003!!!! I was mostly a lurker then, and wasn't active much after 2004, until I found my way back at the beginning of 2021. I was so happy to come back and see a few familiar names, and to see that the great community I remembered was still alive and well.

Such an amazing wealth of knowledge here, and most importantly, people love to share their knowledge to help others. It's really incredible.

Paul-A

Rough_Rock
Trade
For me, it must have been early 2002, or 2001 even when Garry urged me to join. The other forum was more vibrant at the time, although there was also a weird vibe attached to it.

In order to get some activity on PS, the best we could do was copy an interesting topic as a PS-topic. With the atmosphere in the other forum becoming nastier over time, PS stood out as a place of calm and mutual respect.

Then, things turned nasty on the other side, with poster after poster being banned. Not so much about Eightstar in particular, rather about the defense of reflector images.

The wealth of discussion the refugees brought to PS however were a huge boon. And huge kudos to Leonid first, later Andrey, for maintaining the positive environment here. My traditional greeting is very appropriate here.

To Pricescope,

Live long,

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
For me, it must have been early 2002, or 2001 even when Garry urged me to join.
And huge kudos to Leonid first, later Andrey, for maintaining the positive environment here. My traditional greeting is very appropriate here.

To Pricescope,

Live long,
Welcome back again Paul.
Leonid and his wife were ruthlessly and positively committed to wiping out demagoguery (it is a word) and their mantra was "this is our lounge room and you are all guests".

We took it very seriously:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
For me, it must have been early 2002, or 2001 even when Garry urged me to join. The other forum was more vibrant at the time, although there was also a weird vibe attached to it.

In order to get some activity on PS, the best we could do was copy an interesting topic as a PS-topic. With the atmosphere in the other forum becoming nastier over time, PS stood out as a place of calm and mutual respect.

Then, things turned nasty on the other side, with poster after poster being banned. Not so much about Eightstar in particular, rather about the defense of reflector images.

The wealth of discussion the refugees brought to PS however were a huge boon. And huge kudos to Leonid first, later Andrey, for maintaining the positive environment here. My traditional greeting is very appropriate here.

To Pricescope,

Live long,

Does the other forum you guys mentioned still exist?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does the other forum you guys mentioned still exist?

Nope. The named changed but I can't remember what it is/was so not sure if any version of it still exists.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results