shape
carat
color
clarity

Who Makes The Best Wedding Band With Milgrain?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m having a hard time finding a really nice plain wedding band with milgrain. I really like them and now that I''m a married woman (yikes!) I want one for myself! I would prefer it in white gold, but I will definitely go with a platinum one if white gold isn''t available. I really like the nice, fine milgrain. Not so fine that you can''t see it, but just right. And I''m thinking probably a 2 mm band, maybe 3 mm.

I would love any ideas and links! Thank you in advance!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Thing,

I know how you feel - this is likely what I will choose for
my w-band. (Congrats btw!).

I would actually have JM make it - I would guess it would run about
the same as a stock/cast item (or less than one from Tiff''s), and you
could add any details you like such as an engraving.

Plus, as you know his fine milgrain is the best!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon also has gorgeous ultra fine milgrain. So does singlestone.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I second Singlestone. I have a spacer with beautiful milgraining on it to match my engagement ring which also has nice milgrain on it. They do beautiful work!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
jim meyer made my milgrain band and it''s gorgeous

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ and whitby-I thought about James Meyer but it seems like his milgrain bands have a hammered look to them so I wasn''t sure if he did plain bands with milgrain. I''ll have to get in touch with him for sure.

Gypsy-I didn''t see any plain milgrain bands from Leon, but again, I''m sure he could do one, too. I would love some non-custom options, though...sometimes simple, plain jewelry (and clothing) are so hard to find!

violet (and Gypsy)-I didn''t think about Singlestone, actually! I''m off to their website right now.

Thanks everyone! And of course any other ideas anyone else has would be greatly appreciated!

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if this is in the price range you''re wanting, but my wedding band is a 3 mm comfort fit milgrain band. It''s from eweddingbands.com and i absolutely love it! I am very picky about bands (originally got a pipe cut and hated it) and this one is absolutely perfect for me. I think it was about $140.

audball

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t want to go custom, I think these are great.

from weddingbands.com price $139 for 3mm 18k WG (platinum also available)

Or this

from e-weddingbands.com price $148 for 3mm 18k WG (platinum also available)

My ultimate chose would be a James Meyer 2-3 mm flat band with miligrain (I swear I''ve seen non-hammered looks of his somewhere...)

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Word of advice on milgrain bands.If you are looking at wearing the band long term then go platinum.The migrain detail wears down over the years on a gold band and Ive had clients that wished someone told them that this fine detail wears off with wear and tear.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the Tiffany one and price is very reasonable.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I remember seeing someone's wedding set that included a plain milgrained wedding band. I was so taken with it! She said it was from Signed Pieces. Gorgeous!!

Here it is. The poster was Angeleyez
IMG_8801.JPG

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 12:13:31 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I really like the Tiffany one and price is very reasonable.

I like that one, too, actually. Part of why I want one is because a poster (I forget who) and her wife both got Tiffany Jazz eternity bands and the Tiffany milgrain band. So I know the milgrain band will look good with my Jazz-inspired WF wedding band. But my set is white gold so I''m wondering how it will look and wear...it''s on the short list, though!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/23/2009 12:41:43 PM
Author: Upgradable
I remember seeing someone''s wedding set that included a plain milgrained wedding band. I was so taken with it! She said it was from Signed Pieces. Gorgeous!!

Here it is. The poster was Angeleyez

IMG_8801.JPG

Oooh that is gorgeous! I''m going to hunt down her posts. Thanks!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a channel-set asscher band, and Quest milgrained the "walls" of the band for me. The milgrain is superfine, perfect and delicate. They did an incredible job - I like my wedding band about a hundred times better now.

Quest did an incredible job adding milgrain to my ring, so I''m sure they could make a stunning milgrain wedding band for you.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks happyfeet, audball, jewelerman and vespergirl! I was PSing at work and didn''t get a chance to respond to everyone. I''m going to check all those options out right now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results