shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is your favorite Olympian?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't caught much of the Olympics this time around although I did catch volleyball the other night.

Curious to know if you have a favorite athlete competing this year or a favorite sport. My husband only seems to enjoy the women's beach volleyball. Surprise, Surprise :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swam in College and continue to swim now, so I feel like a bit of a "traitor" for saying this, but Simone Biles is definitely by favorite olympian right now. I love her attitude and toughness, and she's just unlike any gymnast we've seen for a long time. I've been enjoying reading articles about her and learning more about her history in the sport :)

And obviously knowing swimming it's been pretty neat to see Michael Phelps in his final olympic run. And I was in the same high school area as Nathan Adrian, so I watched him at State Finals with the other men on my team "back in the day", which is cool :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHAT would Brian Boitano do? :think:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't think I have a favorite, but I am certainly impressed with what Michael Phelps has achieved. He's a machine!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross, Kristen Armstrong, Katie Ledecky

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Right now, our new wonder boy Kyle Chalmers who took out the men's 100 free.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aly Raisman for me. Strong woman. Strong spirit.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Katie Ledecky, superwoman of a swimmer and love her big smile!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another Michael Phelps fan, we are all watching one the best all time swimmers/athletes in history!!! And the Aussie 7s women's ruby/football team for women everywhere!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Penny Oleksiak. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

For sure!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simone Manuel.. she is awesome!

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Phelps & Simone Biles

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Simone Biles.

I read about all the hours she put in to train for the Olympics. What a little spitfire she is and I hope she is in the next one as well.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can tell who are NOT my favourites: Michael Phelps (just generally tired of his *******yness, though he is a great athlete) and Hope Solo.

Hope Solo was a total jerk the last Olympics vs Canada. US womens soccer just got knocked out by Sweden.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/olympics/la-sp-oly-rio-2016-hope-solo-doesn-t-hold-back-after-u-s-1471031683-htmlstory.html

“We played a bunch of cowards. The best team did not win today. I strongly, firmly believe that.”

She also goes on to talk trash about them further. What kind of Olympic spirit is that? Ugh it makes me so angry that she can talk about other teams like that.

Back to the topic at hand. My absolute FAVOURITE Olympian is Clara Hughes. She does both summer and winter Olympics, and is just generally bad ass.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We (GB) have just had a very unexpected Silver in the trampolining, which is not a sport we've ever had athletes in. Bryony Page who won the medal was so shocked she cried all the way through the medal ceremony and was so excited and happy when she was interviewed. It was the best reaction ever, she was just lovely. Good for her!

I also really admire Laura Trott, one of our cyclists. She looks like a fragile wee girl yet is a determined and tough competitor. She's also extremely down to earth. I'll be willing her on later in the week.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the Cool Runnings award goes to Fiji - their first medal at any Olympics and it's a gold, for such a tiny tiny country well done Rugby 7s boys!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote would be for the Simones and Raisman, outstanding athletes.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Katie Ladecky is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! She won the 800 Freestyle last night over 11 seconds ahead of all the other swimmers, which is SO impressive. Overall, the U.S. athletes are performing very well in Rio :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results