shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is your Chubb agent?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
If you have a valuable articles policy only with Chubb, could you please post the name of your agent? My local agent will not write just a policy on my ring without also having another type of policy with them (homeowners, etc). She says that it''s Chubb''s company policy not to do that anymore but it seems like several people here have been able to. Thanks!

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
It''s true...most Chubb agents won''t write a stand-alone policy anymore.
There are exceptions according to a conversation
that I had on Friday with Rockdoc. He''ll probably check in with an update. You can also find a ton of threads regarding Chubb
insurance here on PS.

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

dfm00

Rough_Rock
I had no luck finding a local (Rochester, NY) Chubb agent who would write a stand-alone policy. On Rockdoc''s recommendation here on the forums I called Bill Castro at Total Dollar Insurance. He got back to me within a day with a quote and policy, absolutely no problem. Interesting since a couple of local agents told me Chubb had decilned to write the policy; not sure if they were not being honest or if they just lacked the influence with Chubb.

Dave

analyticangel

Rough_Rock
I tried Mike Sauer at Plastridge Agency in Boca Raton He along with David Stone at Plastridge were also recommended on Pricescope .
I had the same exact -problem He told me that up until few weeks ago they were able to write a policy . When he tried submitting for me and two others he told me alll were declined I was trying to get 17,500 coverage

He told me you had to have either a homeowners policy with them or an expensive luxury car policy

He was very nice BUT not able to help.........

It is uncler if this is a TRUE CHUBB policy or up to the agent

Anyway , I would say dont bother to waste your time contacting Plastridge which has been previously recommended on pricescope and i think also on RockDock's website

7.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I''ve heard that this is the Chubb policy and the old information was taken off their website a few weeks ago.
I was told by a regional manager on Friday who sells Chubb products that I could toss out my consumer jewelry policy brochures
for insuring diamond engagement rings.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 8:51:08 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
I''ve heard that this is the Chubb policy and the old information was taken off their website a few weeks ago.
I was told by a regional manager on Friday who sells Chubb products that I could toss out my consumer jewelry policy brochures for insuring diamond engagement rings.

What are they doing with current customers?

Murr4168

Shiny_Rock
That''s unfortunate given that they were the only ones that would essentially write you a check, so to speak.

Would Jewelers Mutual still be worth checking out or should I go with someone like State Farm? The problem is I''m only looking for $4500 in coverage. Not a lot I know, but we wouldn''t be able to just comfortably replace the ring ourselves.

Thanks!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Actually, whether or not you already have a policy with State Farm, I believe they do have a stand alone valuable articles policy that is very attractively priced.

Search other threads here. I think with insurance, variations in practice is very wide.

bomber1

Rough_Rock
I live in NYC and have chubb insurance on the ring. The company is called Total Dollar 212-689-4477. Mr. Castro is who I dealt with and they wrote the policy on the ring.

Good luck

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
I just went to Chubb Insurance's web site. They still show that they are writing Valuable Articles policies. This is what I have for my jewelry with them. My policy just renewed for the year. i haven't received anything indicating they are not writing VAP policies any more.

Possibly, they're not writing any policies in New York state anymore?

sfritz

Rough_Rock
Regarding the availability of jewelry insurance, we have noted that some insurance carriers are withdrawing from specific states or restricting the availability of coverages. That is particularly true in coastal states. For example, a carrier may decline to provide a jewelry policy in Florida, but may offer one in another state.

Sue Fritz
Jewelers Mutual

analyticangel

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/26/2007 2:14:03 PM
Author: Sue Fritz
Regarding the availability of jewelry insurance, we have noted that some insurance carriers are withdrawing from specific states or restricting the availability of coverages. That is particularly true in coastal states. For example, a carrier may decline to provide a jewelry policy in Florida, but may offer one in another state.

Sue Fritz
Jewelers Mutual

Sue

I was not able to get insurance through Chubb for that reason.

Thank you for at least answering this. For those of us in coastal states there seems to be alot of anger at insurance companies. They seem to have no problems collecting premiums and reporting billions of dollars in profits .......but then after Hurricanes decide (DESPITE PROFITS) not to insure any of us. Look at the poor folks after Katrina still waiting for insurance companies to settle after paying premiums for years
Our home premiums are unbelievably high in excess of 5000.00 with HUGE deductibles
Now some are deciding not to write a policy on jewelry insurance even if one never had any loss claim.
That is the right of Chubb to do this. I AM GRATEFUL THAT JEWELERS MUTUAL DOES NOT DO THIS
21.gif

But dont you think that Chubb at least owes it to the consumer to be honest up front and put that on the Chubb web site so they dont waste our time contacting them ??

State Farm that insures my vehicle and Jewlers Mutual were both more than wiling to write a policy. I went with Jewlers Mutual after doing my research here at Pricescope.
Thank You SUE

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2007 9:22:39 PM
Author: Murr4168

Would Jewelers Mutual still be worth checking out or should I go with someone like State Farm? The problem is I''m only looking for $4500 in coverage. Not a lot I know, but we wouldn''t be able to just comfortably replace the ring ourselves.

Thanks!

you can check into JM but I''d also check out my homeowners policy. the key is making sure you have a seperate jewelry rider on your homeowners and submit a detailed appraisal, like if you have an H&A with certain specs, they must replace with another H&A with those specs. I had my policy with Allstate and had to file a claim. they couldn''t find a replacement and ended up writing me a check. Travelers does offer a cashout on their personal articles policy though. Also, make sure you insure based on just a bit more than you paid and not an inflated appraisal value b/c they will only replace or cash out on what it would cost them to replace, not the amount you insured. that is one reason Chubb is prefered. they write a check for the amount you insure, but I think going with your Homeowners would be fine, many of us do..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 8:01:12 AM
Author: mrssalvo

Travelers does offer a cashout on their personal articles policy though.
Yes, I have a Travelers policy just for my ering and if anything happens, they cut a check instead of trying to replace.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 6:59:46 AM
Author: analyticangel

Thank you for at least answering this. For those of us in coastal states there seems to be alot of anger at insurance companies. They seem to have no problems collecting premiums and reporting billions of dollars in profits .......but then after Hurricanes decide (DESPITE PROFITS) not to insure any of us. Look at the poor folks after Katrina still waiting for insurance companies to settle after paying premiums for years

Yes, this makes me irate. I can''t stand that they can collect all your premiums for years and then when you NEED the coverage, they balk? WTF is that? It makes me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results