shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is your celebrity fashion icon?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
We have discussed what we *hate* but what do you LOVE?? Do you have a celebrity that you try to emulate? Someone that just always looks great in your opinion? If not, If you had to pick a celebrity that most closely matches your style---who would it be?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jennifer Anniston's style. Simple yet elegent, always 'put together', wears flattering clothes, never busy patterns, earthy natural colors, scarves, not big on *trends*....it's hard to find a photo of her just looking anything less than perfect.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
This thread is assuming that:

A) I would bother to emulate anyone, and

B) that I have any sense of style.

So the answer is no one. ::)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Daphne Guinness. What I wouldn't give to be a booze heiress ....

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal|1305136312|2918738 said:

I figured that people might say that they dont emulate others...I tried to think of a way to word it to get around that (I do understand we are all adults and not teenie boppers simply following others)...its just I am not very elegent with words--lol.

Traveling Gal, I dont believe your second point--I bet you have alot of style! :)) ---Between your name and the stick figure with those cute red shoes, I have always pictured you a jet-setter, traveling the world and looking fantastic! (honestly, that is how I picture you!!)

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Can't say that I have a fashion icon.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1305136800|2918748 said:

I figured that people might say that they dont emulate others...I tried to think of a way to word it to get around that (I do understand we are all adults and not teenie boppers simply following others)...its just I am not very elegent with words--lol.

Traveling Gal, I dont believe your second point--I bet you have alot of style! :)) ---Between your name and the stick figure with those cute red shoes, I have always pictured you a jet-setter, traveling the world and looking fantastic! (honestly, that is how I picture you!!)

I borrowed those shoes from Lorelei, and haven't found a way to kick them off yet (i.e., can't find my old avatar without them!). And my jet setter years were almost a decade ago...and even then, I stomped my way around the world in jeans and comfy flats (even hiking boots at one point). So no, no style! Just comfort for this little black duck........

But thank you. :))

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Circe|1305136356|2918739 said:
Daphne Guinness. What I wouldn't give to be a booze heiress ....

Circe, I had to google her :oops:
What a glamorous life (and style)...oh to be an heiress! What a fun life she must live :$$):

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1305136176|2918734 said:
We have discussed what we *hate* but what do you LOVE?? Do you have a celebrity that you try to emulate? Someone that just always looks great in your opinion? If not, If you had to pick a celebrity that most closely matches your style---who would it be?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jennifer Anniston's style. Simple yet elegent, always 'put together', wears flattering clothes, never busy patterns, earthy natural colors, scarves, not big on *trends*....it's hard to find a photo of her just looking anything less than perfect.

Me too. We have the exact same style. I fact whenever I see her in a magazine, I often think: I just wore that exact same outfit!

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Kate Middleton.

Unfortunately, I can't emulate her style because I can only afford to spend a fraction of what she spends on clothes.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1305137192|2918764 said:
Kate Middleton.

Unfortunately, I can't emulate her style because I can only afford to spend a fraction of what she spends on clothes.

This, exactly. I love the way she dresses. I generally try to buy classic pieces, but have a habit of just feeling boring. I feel like she pulls off classic in a more modern way that I seem to. Plus, she can afford the accessories that I'd like! I feel like my wardrobe would be much less dull with better accessories, but since I don't particularly like costume jewelry, I wear the same pieces day in and day out. I need more fun jewelry.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Jaysonsmom: Dont you just love it?? I look at her clothes and think "I would wear that" or (even better) "I HAVE that!!"

Mayerling and Princess (not sure if I'm spelling your names right-sorry): Kate Middleton---Great choice!! I have a feeling she will be inspiring alot of fashion trends in the future :D

OK, Ok, for those that read this and say "I DONT EMULATE ANYONE"....

If you could have ANYONE's complete wardrobe for free--who would you choose?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
mayerling|1305137192|2918764 said:
Kate Middleton.

I forgot to mention one caveat: I love everything except her wedding dress.

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
1) Sarah Jessica Parker for her bold and sometimes brave fashion choices that always end up looking classic and timeless
2) Angelina Jolie for her rebel looks that have a way of standing the test of time
3) Salma Hayek for playing up her curves and Goodness what I wouldn't DO for her closet!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
To clarify, I don't follow an individual celebrity/famous person enough to know their overall style. I kind of just look at current trends and see if they work for me, instead of looking at one celeb.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I usually always love Reese Witherspoon and Jennifer Anniston's red carpet looks.

Most celebrities lately don't seem very polished when they are just out and about, though. It's hard to pick someone for just their day to day style.

Inkblot

Rough_Rock
Blake Lively. Not only is she gorgeous, but she always looks so put together and classy. I also admire Jennifer Aniston, as she's a very white t-shirt and jeans kind of gal. Carrie Underwood always looks adorable, so does Rachel McAdams. However, the latter I always see gussied up for awards shoes, whereas Jennifer Aniston has that girl-next-door vibe happening. I like to play with fashion and have bold jewelry and colorful clothes, but I stick to basics that work for me, like bootcut jeans, tailored jackets, sassy shoes.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Well, an icon is someone we want to emulate, right? Not necessarily someone we admire??

'Cause I admire many celebs like Jennifer Aniston, Courtney Cox, etc. with their the minimal sleek and sexy look. And I think Kate (Duchess of Cambridge) is perfectly put together.

But, if I had the bod and the money to spend, I'd dress like Reese Witherspoon, I think. She always looks perfect on the red carpet without being over-the-top. And even when she's casual, she's put together without looking uptight. Beyonce, on the other hand, wears C. Loubitans worth 5K to Lakers games. :rolleyes:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm pretty sure Jennifer Garner is emulating me. And all my sisters. But since I'm the oldest, I'll take the style credit. :naughty:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Olsen twins...I would kill for their wardrobes! Also Kate Moss and Agyness Deyn. LOVE them. They all have a particular style and for the most part it's super quirky, somewhat androgynous and fashion forward. Kate Moss's style is a little more classic, but she's older, so I guess that's to be expected! My style is definitely a bit more classic than when I was younger.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
thing2of2|1305174755|2919427 said:
I love the Olsen twins...I would kill for their wardrobes! Also Kate Moss and Agyness Deyn. LOVE them. They all have a particular style and for the most part it's super quirky, somewhat androgynous and fashion forward. Kate Moss's style is a little more classic, but she's older, so I guess that's to be expected! My style is definitely a bit more classic than when I was younger.

Great choices. Sometimes I wish that I had the nerve or courage to not be so "safe" with my wardrobe. On me though, I would look like a fool. Some people can pull off any look---and then theres me--I can pull of NOTHING-- :lol:

Seems like alot of us that answered are all on the same page...simple and classic. Oh to be a celebrity and have a stylist bringing me new clothes every day.....I hear alot of celebrities never wear the same thing twice. Can you imagine?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1305139264|2918813 said:
OK, Ok, for those that read this and say "I DONT EMULATE ANYONE"....

If you could have ANYONE's complete wardrobe for free--who would you choose?

If I lost about 100 pounds and grew about 6 inches? OLIVIA WILDE. She dresses so nice, and I love that face.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1305205059|2919562 said:
thing2of2|1305174755|2919427 said:

Great choices. Sometimes I wish that I had the nerve or courage to not be so "safe" with my wardrobe. On me though, I would look like a fool. Some people can pull off any look---and then theres me--I can pull of NOTHING-- :lol:

Seems like alot of us that answered are all on the same page...simple and classic. Oh to be a celebrity and have a stylist bringing me new clothes every day.....I hear alot of celebrities never wear the same thing twice. Can you imagine?

I think as long as something is flattering and not completely ridiculous, it's worth a wear! I'm not as fashion forward as I used to be when I was a buyer at a boutique (probably would look a bit silly in my current line of work :cheeky: ), but I still like to get some unique, stand out stuff.

If I was a celeb I would also love all the free clothes! I'm sure they buy some things themselves but they get tons of stuff for free. The only problem with that dream is that I would hate to be famous! :cheeky:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Same here, I'm afraid. The question about whose wardrobe I'd want completely stumped me, too. I'm a little suprised now that I'm thinking about this just how unobservant I am when it comes to clothes. I do like nice clothes, but I don't really know who wears what.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Rachel Bilson--she's petite like me, and I adore everything she wears.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1305213811|2919671 said:

Same here, I'm afraid. The question about whose wardrobe I'd want completely stumped me, too. I'm a little suprised now that I'm thinking about this just how unobservant I am when it comes to clothes. I do like nice clothes, but I don't really know who wears what.

Yeah, and yeah. I don't try to emulate anyone and also don't really pay attention to what anyone is wearing. Well, I guess it's more like, I'll be watching a movie and think, "ah, cute sweater" and then go back to watching the movie. I don't have any idea who's clothes would even look good on my built.

I HAVE noticed lately that some actresses foreheads are smoother than mine. Is botox in the "style" category?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I don't try to emulate anyone.

But, when it comes to style, and having a great deal of admiration for her personal flair, I'd have to say Jackie Kennedy Onassis.

And, I can assure you, I would look rather odd in her style choices - - what with not being willowy and all.

What I like about her most was her personal casual style (when she wasn't doing public duties), and the way it just looked "tossed on" rather than "put together".

Today's celebrities could take a lesson or two about what it means to be yourself, and then fire the personal stylist who is making them look just like the other celebs.

And I was thinking, again, Reese Witherspoon. She also has that whole "I just put this on, without really thinking it over" casualness about her. When she dresses up, she is always a lady - - without being stuffy and matronly.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admire Gwen Stefani's sense of style - she is authentic (in my eyes) whether going hipster or Hollywood Glam
I also like Anne Hathaway's red carpet looks

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

+1

TG, you took the words right out of my mouth.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most celebrities wear skirts too short for real life. I like Kate Middleton or Michelle Obama's styles. Classic, not showy, not too short. I think it's such an odd thing that these once "micro mini skirts" became "mini skirts"… and now just "skirts". How on earth do people sit, bend down, or go anywhere near wind?

Even Jennifer Aniston.. how the heck does she wear things so short? I'm surprised we don't have more cooter photos on the internet of celebrities like the ones that were everywhere when Britney Spears and Paris Hilton were the talk of the town.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tom Ford.
And all those gorgeous tall voluptous gals in the Dolce and Gabanna ads who rock those sleek clothes....cuz I'm flat and skinny! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results