shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is wearing glasses?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I have impaired vision and I always wear glasses. I don''t even own contacts. I am, though, having one heck of a time finding wedding frames. I want something that goes with my dress, but I also want them to be funky, rewearable, and awesome. I also want to wear a birdcage veil, and I am trying to find a cheap one to order to try with my dress to make sure it goes. I am also not sure glasses and birdcages create the best look, so I want to test that, too.

Anyways, any one else wearing glasses? Are you buying new ones, or wearing your everyday pair? What type of veil are you wearing?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting contacts for the wedding. I just got my glasses a year and a half ago so I guess I''m still getting used to them? But definitely contacts for me.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I flip between glasses and contacts day to day but will definitely be wearing contacts on wedding day.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I actually had Lasik done JUST so I wouldnt have to mess w/ contact OR wear glasses... but I did struggle with the decision you are going through. I am happy I did it.. but I was way freaked out during the procedure... I dont think I could have gone through it for any other reason.

Best of luck to you finding the perfect pair!
35.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I also don''t have contacts, but my vision isn''t bad enough to need glasses all the time so I don''t wear them. I typically only wear them to drive, watch tv, etc, though I think my doctor would prefer me to wear them all the time. I''m kind of wondering if I should get contacts for the wedding because I just want to be able to see everything as clearly as possible. And who knows, maybe I''ll like the contacts and end up wearing them for other occasions. I definitely won''t wear my glasses though, so I don''t have any suggestions for what to wear.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 1:29:47 PM
Author: elrohwen
I also don''t have contacts, but my vision isn''t bad enough to need glasses all the time so I don''t wear them. I typically only wear them to drive, watch tv, etc, though I think my doctor would prefer me to wear them all the time. I''m kind of wondering if I should get contacts for the wedding because I just want to be able to see everything as clearly as possible. And who knows, maybe I''ll like the contacts and end up wearing them for other occasions. I definitely won''t wear my glasses though, so I don''t have any suggestions for what to wear.
I am the same, need to just drive, watch tv, etc. I HAVE decided to get contacts for the wedding.
I want to see FI''s expression as soon as the doors to the church open.............and right now i would be squinting and he would still be a blurr!
Wedding is in July and I think I may go in a few weeks to get them, so i have plenty of time to play and get used to them.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I have perfect vision and have never needed glasses, but I''ve always found them to look so good on certain people. Sorry I''m no help, I just wanted to comment that I love the wedding frames idea!

And I love your dress!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 2:48:43 PM
Author: Kelli
I have perfect vision and have never needed glasses, but I''ve always found them to look so good on certain people. Sorry I''m no help, I just wanted to comment that I love the wedding frames idea!

And I love your dress!

Thanks, Kelli! Me, too. I definitely am not "me" without my glasses, so hopefully I can find something that screams wedding. I mean, I have about 15 pairs, so finding glasses I like is not a problem. I just hope I can find "the" pair. I think I might stress more about this than finding "the" dress.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted about this before my wedding, and the majority of the replies were to go ahead and wear glasses if they''re part of who you are. I''ve worn glasses since I was about 10, and I could never get used to contacts. I made the mistake of taking off my glasses for our engagement photos and guess what? I didn''t like how I looked at all, and therefore, I didn''t like the pictures. I decided to wear my glasses (the only pair I have besides sunglasses) on my wedding day because they ARE a part of who I am, and I am SO GLAD I did. There should be pictures around here of our wedding. I can''t post a picture because I''m using another computer right now.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone!

I unfortunately don''t qualify for LASIK (though, that would be great).

I guess I am in the minority being a glasses-only gal. All of you that will be new-to-contacts will have to tell me how it works out. I have not really ever had interest in trying them since I love glasses so much, but several of my friends only wear contacts (at least when leaving the house). I hear they are like a bra--awkward at first but quickly unnoticed.

I am going to start frames shopping soon, though, and will certainly report back. I also need to find a birdcage veil that doesn''t go over the eye, so I can wear it with my glasses.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a link to a cage cap flapper veil (that''s their name, not mine!
3.gif
). It doesn''t go over the eyes. The seller has a couple of them.
1.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 6:05:48 PM
Author: sunnyd
3.gif
1.gif

I love it, love it, love it! I just contacted the seller, but I definitely want something very similar. And, per my mock-up below, it will look great with glasses. lol

veil.with.glasses.JPG

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Glasses do not go with my gown, so I''m wearing contacts!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2009 6:46:03 PM
Author: katamari

Date: 3/2/2009 6:05:48 PM
Author: sunnyd
3.gif
1.gif

I love it, love it, love it! I just contacted the seller, but I definitely want something very similar. And, per my mock-up below, it will look great with glasses. lol
Hahahaha gorgeous!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I think a birdcage will look great with the right frames! Maybe something with a bit of a retro cat''s eye look, but subtle. You could even try to find frames in your wedding color.

I''m fortunate enough to have 20/20 vision, but if I didn''t, I''d also stick with glasses instead of contacts. I can''t stand anything touching my eyes and don''t think I''d be able to wear contacts under any circumstances.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Katamari- I wore contacts (I flip between glasses and contacts everyday) but I second the suggestion of wearing glasses if your glasses are a part of who you are. And I just wanted to say I had a beautiful birdcage veil handmade (and for a very reasonable price) by Dorene at Unveiled Bridal (Linky). Doreen is fabulous to work with and I LOVED my veil. Here is a good picture of it, what was awesome was that I was able to custom make the size, color, shape, comb in back-everything.

ETA: I see she raised her prices significantly, still not too bad for a handmade/custom veil though...

IMG_357944442.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I''ll definitely report back on how I do with contacts. I get a headache if I wear my glasses while reading, using a computer, basically anything close up. If contacts also cause those headaches, they''ll definitely be only for special occasions or outdoor activities.

That''s so cool that you have so many pairs of glasses too! I don''t think I''ve ever had more than one or two at a time and I never totally like how they look on me. You must look great in them though if you have so many and enjoy them so much. Some people are just made to wear glasses ...
10.gif

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I recently got contacts explicitly for this reason! I recommend BioFinity. I have very sensitive eyes and have tried contacts in the past and could not tolerate them. I recently got the BioFinity ones and they are great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results