shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is the most beautiful person you know?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son!!!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My maternal grandmother ... old-school Italian, modest family matriarch, heart of gold, always ready with a huge hug or swat upside the head (whichever the case called for). I firmly believe she is sitting immediately beside God, and serving up the best home-made gnocchis in heaven. She passed away 19 years ago this year due to Alzheimers, and my DD was the last person to make her laugh.

She had a personality reminiscent of Rose (Golden Girls) & Edith Bunker. Best example-memory: she & g-pop were hosting a typical family dinner with all four of their kids & spouses and us grandkids. G-pop had grilled ribs, and we were all gathered around their 20-seat table eating when grandmom pauses, looks at my grandpop, and says "I could just suck on this bone all night long!" Everyone stopped & stared at her in shocked silence, then looked at grandpop, back to her, and started snickering. She had no idea why ... bless her ever-loving, sweet, innocent heart. ❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know how sometimes you read something that just... Sticks with you? I've been thinking about this thread a lot the past few days. Who are the most beautiful people in my world?

I'm not a forgiving person. My friends and family are beloved to me - but every single adult has done things to hurt others. Every single adult has regrets. I suppose the "most beautiful" is by definition the "least disqualified"... but that feels like a very petty metric.

And then I look at my dogs and my cats. Loyal without question, loving without discretion. Emily's (boxer shepherd mix) teething months drove me round the bend. Razor sharp little teeth and a compulsion to be RightNextToHerPeopleAtAllTimes - we put up baby gates, she jumped over them, we raised the gates, she crawled under them. One particularly mouthy evening I lost my temper and screamed at her threw one of the gates at her. And felt so horribly guilty, and cried all over her, and she just licked my face clean and snuggled with me. No fear, no retaliation. I've never, ever so much as raised my voice at any of the animals since.

How many terrible things must a dog endure to learn to fight by default, if Emily's unhesitating and immediate forgiveness is a dog's normal? How much deliberate pain must a cat have inflicted upon it to learn to fear by default, if Gretta's twice daily and much-loathed regimen of seven pills and subcutaneous fluids hasn't changed her instinct to lean into outstretched fingers for scritches at all? She still blindly trusts the hands that have been stabbing her every single night for months - and she certainly doesn't understand why.

No person past... I don't know, infancy? - will ever be as beautiful to me as my animals. Not myself, not my nearest and dearest. They just set an impossibly sincere and innocent standard. I don't love what that says about me, but at least it's honest.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son!!!

Aww. Love this.

My maternal grandmother ... old-school Italian, modest family matriarch, heart of gold, always ready with a huge hug or swat upside the head (whichever the case called for). I firmly believe she is sitting immediately beside God, and serving up the best home-made gnocchis in heaven. She passed away 19 years ago this year due to Alzheimers, and my DD was the last person to make her laugh.

She had a personality reminiscent of Rose (Golden Girls) & Edith Bunker. Best example-memory: she & g-pop were hosting a typical family dinner with all four of their kids & spouses and us grandkids. G-pop had grilled ribs, and we were all gathered around their 20-seat table eating when grandmom pauses, looks at my grandpop, and says "I could just suck on this bone all night long!" Everyone stopped & stared at her in shocked silence, then looked at grandpop, back to her, and started snickering. She had no idea why ... bless her ever-loving, sweet, innocent heart. ❤

Loved reading your post @the_mother_thing. Thanks for sharing your grandmother here with us. What a beautiful person.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Immediately thought of my baby sister. She is gorgeous outside, ( she truly got the best of the gene pool!) But she is also humble and kind and honest, soft hearted , caring and understanding. She has a sharp mind and quick wit. I learn so much from her, she makes me strive to be a better person. I'm type A she's type B, she's always telling me to "chill". I cuss like a sailor , she says "fudgesticks". Absolutely adore my beautiful sister!
20191011_172227.jpg

She is beautiful @CHRISTY-DANIELLE inside and out and thank you for sharing with us.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very reflective post. Thank you.

I think the most beautiful person I know should be me, cos I feel that once self care and love is learned with all your “warts and all”: beauty/ confidence / vibrancy and all that is that you would want, becomes you and your persona.

well, I can’t say that I have reached that point... and that is my interpretation of most beautiful person....

outside of that- I think my partner is beautiful... and my Mum,too.

Very wise post @gregchang35. Insightful and powerful. Love this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No person past... I don't know, infancy? - will ever be as beautiful to me as my animals. Not myself, not my nearest and dearest. They just set an impossibly sincere and innocent standard. I don't love what that says about me, but at least it's honest.

@yssie your post resonated with me. Yes, for the most part, no person past their innocent time (infancy? young childhood?) will ever be as beautiful as our animals. But for me the exception is my dh and my dad and yes even my mom because they give unconditional love and have never truly hurt me. However, your comments ring loud and true for me otherwise. And makes me cry too. Because it is so true.

Most people hurt other people deeply at times and betrayal is real. I have experienced a recent betrayal (from a PS "friend" no less) and though it has been going on for a few years (on and off friendship because I kept giving her the benefit of the doubt though I should have listened to her actions and not her false words) sometimes it still stings when I think about it. I definitely do not miss the dysfunctional relationship nor do I miss the friendship because it was a fake friendship on her part. But I miss what I thought we had. We never had a real friendship.

Brings me to the fact I prefer animals over most people. I don't regret giving people a chance because that is who I am and I would never want to change that about me. But yeah, in general, I prefer animals.
Animals are completely innocent and sincere and you wrote what I was thinking. And I do love what that says about you. It's truth. Thanks @yssie

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My loving friend Kc. I've known her for almost 43 years, her inner and outer aura and caring is beyond anything. I'll love her till the day I die. She's wonderful. I left her in Maine. :( but she will visit I'm sure.

Most beautiful looking person I know personally is my friend Pammie, she is exquisitely beautiful.

and you Missy, you are beautiful period, you have it all in my book.

I second that @Tekate @missy you've got it all and beautiful inside and out - the whole package!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandma and her daughter, my Mom. No doubt.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results