shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is spying on you? Introducing Flash Cookies.

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This might be old news to some of the more tech savvy people here on PS, but I learned about a new type of cookie today while reading an email newsletter from the virus protection software that I use and was a little shocked to learn that there are hidden cookies stored on my system that can not be cleared by normal means.

The cookies are called Flash Cookies and they are embedded in your system by way of Adobe Flash Player. The control panel for controlling the use of Flash Cookies on your system is located online on the Adobe web site here http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html#118539 and it not that difficult to figure out.

My favorite option is "allow websites to activate your web cam and microphone" because hey, that is something that I want a web site doing for me! :o

I was surprised at how many Flash Cookies were embedded on my system, deleted them all and activated the option for "ask before allowing" because I'd rather take an extra second or two when visiting a web site to decide whether I want to allow their prying eyes into my world than just assume they're doing so for the betterment of all mankind.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results