shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is or is not getting a videographer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
We found a great photographer so i never considered a wedding video... but with just 75 days until our wedding I am reconsidering.

The time is going by so QUICKLY and there has been so much effort for the perfect dress, hair, fitness, choreographed first dance. We just bought FI suit for the wedding and it takes my breath away seeing how handsome he looks all dressed up. I just know I want to capture all the moments before they fly by! Everything and everyone will be so happy and beautiful on our wedding day, I want to watch us get married through eyes besides my own.

I am starting to worry that the actual wedding day will go by so quickly... I will want to have a video so I can see it again. maybe we only watch it once a year on our anniversary or something, who knows. . My parents are both passed and I know I would treasure watching their wedding video, if there was one!

What do people think about a video, especially if we already found a great (and pricey) photographer?

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I''m definitely getting a videographer (mainly because my photographer is offering video in the package). I have a friend, though, who says she watches her wedding video all the time (and have watched friends'' or relatives'' videos myself - even when I''d attended the actual wedding), so I guess it might be worth it.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
At the moment we're not planning on having a video. But if we can think of a friend or more distant family member with a video camera we may ask them to just shoot the ceremony (no fancy angles or movement...just a recording of the actual wedding) but not do anything for the reception. My sister did that, and they've been very happy with that.

For me, I think the key is to have a really great photographer. They'll be able to capture the look, the mood, and the overall feeling of the event. They may not be able to catch every step of the choreographed first dance, but as for the rest of it, they should do a pretty amazing job. Now if one has a less than spectacular photographer then I could see a greater need for a videographer.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
We''re not having a pro do the video. Its just too much money and the pictures are more important. We are going to place a video camera in the corner, we''re hoping no one notices it and we get some funny shots! Either way it will capture our first dance, parent dances and anything else that shows up!
2.gif

My church doesnt allow video in the church, and they have very strict rules for the photog so its probably better we didn''t pay for it anyway!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
We are not getting a videographer, despite the fact that a few people told me we''d regret it. I just can''t really see us watching the video more than once, so I can''t justify the cost of it.

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 2:27:20 AM
Author:Green with Envy
We found a great photographer so i never considered a wedding video... but with just 75 days until our wedding I am reconsidering.

The time is going by so QUICKLY and there has been so much effort for the perfect dress, hair, fitness, choreographed first dance. We just bought FI suit for the wedding and it takes my breath away seeing how handsome he looks all dressed up. I just know I want to capture all the moments before they fly by! Everything and everyone will be so happy and beautiful on our wedding day, I want to watch us get married through eyes besides my own.

I am starting to worry that the actual wedding day will go by so quickly... I will want to have a video so I can see it again. maybe we only watch it once a year on our anniversary or something, who knows. . My parents are both passed and I know I would treasure watching their wedding video, if there was one!

What do people think about a video, especially if we already found a great (and pricey) photographer?
If you can afford it, go for it. You make some really great points.

We are not having a videographer, just not important to us.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I am not doing it. I really want nice photos and could not afford both. I also hate watching myself on video and never see myself watching the thing.

It would be nice if a relative filmed part of it, but i am not counting on that.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
We''re not doing it. We just can''t justify spending that much money.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
We''re not doing it either. I''m over budget enough as is
14.gif
I also barely like seeing myself in pictures, and really don''t like seeing myself on video, so I don''t think I''d get much use out of it, although I''ve seen some great ones of other people''s weddings!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
We had one and it was sooooooooooooooooo worth it. If you have the budget, go for it.

If you are interested you can see some of our video here: http://www.ido-movies.com/blog.html We are Heather&Ken

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that we have a video of our wedding! It''s really nice to have, especially now that my grandmother, who was at the wedding, has passed away. It''s the only video I have of her.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
A huge priority to me was having a fabulous photographer. We did not (and could not afford) a videographer, and don''t regret not having one. If I want to look back at my wedding, I am very satisfied with my photographs.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
My FI''s stepfather owns a wedding videography business so it''s being taken care of by one of his employees. I''ve not even seen any samples and really dont want to. If I were to end up not liking it, it''s not as though I could say nevermind, because it''s kind of a gift. I just chose not to focus on videography. If it ends up looking great then it will be a plus. Otherwise, I won''t lose sleep over it. I just hope we have great pictures.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t have it. It might have been nice to capture the ceremony for those who weren''t there, but no one seems to have a problem with it and the high quality photographer was more than worth it to us.

I think it really depends on you. Are you a very sentimental type? Are there a lot of people who wo''t be able to make it? Would you be comfortable with a videographer following you around?
There is no one right answer, but I doubt you would find many who regretted it either way.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I was fine with my decision to not have a videographer as I was trying to keep cost down and spent the money on the photographer. However, my husband and I did have a "love story" video made just before the wedding, and had I known earlier that a wedding videos had changed since the 90''s, I may have rearranged the budget. This videographer is amazing, and I would not have regretted spending the money if she was available to do our wedding. Her name is Vanessa McKellar, and I can''t say enough good things about working with her and her husband. (They work together)

http://vanessamckellar.com/index2.php

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We didn't have a videographer because it wasn't in our budget. Plus, I'm not sure how often we'd really watch the video.

If you can swing it and it's something you'd get a lot of use out of for years to come, it could be a great memento.

ETA: I do think a video would be fun to watch, and I like how it would bring life to the pictures, if you know what I mean. On the other hand, if I already had a great but pricey photographer, I could see saving the money and not getting a video.

So, yeah, I'm no help.
20.gif
9.gif

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
I would have LOVED to get a videographer, but I couldn''t justify an extra couple thousand. We went with the pricey photographer instead. I figured I would hardly ever "pop" in our wedding video and watch it at home, but that I would look through pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results