shape
carat
color
clarity

Who has their rings engraved?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Who here has their ring(s) engraved, and are you willing to share the inscription? Scott and I just had ours done at Quest for our one year anniversary. I had three rings done (one ering and two wedding rings). I could only fit our wedding date on my most often worn wedding ring, but did manage both the saying and the date on my ering. So, mine says "I will love you and honor you...10.08.04" and his says "...all the days of my life 10.08.04" which is from our vows. The funny thing was that I had initially written down 9.08.04 by accident. Oops!
6.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I like what you all did for the inscriptions... how together they complete the sentance.

I wanted our rings to say "I Will XXX to XXX 8-6-05". The I Will was for our first dance (Beatles) and also a play on our vows, but my ring couldnt fit it all.

My ring says ABL to NJC 8-6-05 and DH says NJC to ABL 8-6-05

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am not yet married so I obviously cannot put up when my wedding ring says but three years ago Jeffrey gave me a white gold band that read "Always and Forever KLS&JEV" which was spiffy. 10 Engraving Ideas all pretty cute.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
we didn''t do my wedding ring, just his, but my promise band and his w-ring both say RIGHT UP MY ALLEY, his with the wedding date. That was one of our first lines to each other and both of us laughed because neither had ever heard anyone else say that before about anything.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
J to C 143 9/30/89. The 143 being short for I love you. Unfortuneatly, when I recently had the ring sized, the inscription was erased!.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2005 11:29:59 AM
Author: WTNLVR
J to C 143 9/30/89. The 143 being short for I love you. Unfortuneatly, when I recently had the ring sized, the inscription was erased!.

WTNLVR...you could definitely explain this to me!!! HOw does 143 mean I love you?? I''ve always wondered that, and have never been able to find out the answer. Thanks!!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2005 1:17:33 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna

WTNLVR...you could definitely explain this to me!!! HOw does 143 mean I love you?? I''ve always wondered that, and have never been able to find out the answer. Thanks!!
The only thing i can think of is

I = 1 letter
love = 4 letters
you = 3 letters

of course hate is a four letter word too!
2.gif
Would love to know the real answer too!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2005 1:27:24 PM
Author: njc

Date: 9/6/2005 1:17:33 PM
Author: AChiOAlumna

I = 1 letter
love = 4 letters
you = 3 letters

2.gif
That''s always been the explanation I''ve heard for 143 too.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2005 1:27:24 PM
Author: njc
I = 1 letter
love = 4 letters
you = 3 letters
2.gif

Thanks! That''s a great explanation to me as well!!! If it really does mean something else, I''d LOVE to hear it!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s the answer. When pagers were popular people used to page 143.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I was told that all of my rings were too thin to engrave. DH''s original wedding band said LJT to SCB 11-23-91. We did it that way because that''s how my parents had their rings engraved- just initial and date. When DH''s finger got to big for his original band we had his new ring engraved with our whole first names and the date.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my mom''s says UDDUP

until death do us part

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
We have our first names and our wedding date in our wedding bands. Unfortunately, I can''t get that ring on my finger anymore!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
we engraved our wedding bands with S.P. & J.B. 10-15-05

Boring, but gets to the point!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine said to --- from --- and the wedding date. I don''t wear it anymore as it''s yellow gold and doesn''t go with my upgrade. Also it is a size 4 and I am no longer a size 4, more like a 5 and bigger knuckles.
15.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
We had our initials and the wedding date engraved on our wedding bands.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
We''re hoping for "we loved with a love" on one ring and "that was more than love" on the other. It''s a quote from a Edgar Allan Poe poem....

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2005 6:42:55 PM
Author: fountainfairfax
We''re hoping for ''we loved with a love'' on one ring and ''that was more than love'' on the other. It''s a quote from a Edgar Allan Poe poem....
Oh that is perfect....
emcry.gif
9.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
I had his name engraved in my wedding band with the date, and he had my name engraved in his band with the wedding date =)

there is something about seeing him wear my name on his finger..i dunno..it sort of gives me a feeling of content...does that sound corny? heheh

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, that is the explanation for 143. I guess I''m showing my age. Not everyone had cell phones back then- pagers were more common
7.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our original rings were engraved ''Now and forever 5-21-77''. Our new bands from Tiffany''s are not engraved as mine is the etoile and space is at a minimum although I''m sure someone could do it. He didn''t want to not wear his long enough to leave it to be engraved. He wore the first band for 27 years without ever taking it off. It was such a chore to get him to agree to get new bands - his was worn, thin, bent, and too small! You could certainly say he''s sentimental - he''s also just plain stubborn! It was a fun day though and the saleslady probably thought we were two nuts. . . oh, well, after all these years maybe we are!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
initials to intials & our wedding date (no excuse to forget the date
2.gif
)

I thought engraving was a tradition? - at least when I got married it was. Is it less common today?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Ours were engraved, but with a personal saying for each of us.

If I were to do them today.....one would say "left shoe" and one would say "right shoe"....because we often talk of how we are a matched pair.....different and yet well matched.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how traditional it is, F&I, but we didn''t engrave our rings...it''s not my thing to have the big romantic saying, but I think the dates are kind of cool (though seriously do you forget the date you are married? so I don''t know WHY that is cool but it just seems like it would be?).

I thought about having his ring engraved but it was a fleeting thought. Mine really couldn''t be engraved because of all the cutouts for the eternity stones. So even if I really wanted to do it, couldn''t have with my rings...which is fine with me.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 12:04:58 PM
Author: Mara
I don''t know how traditional it is, F&I, but we didn''t engrave our rings...it''s not my thing to have the big romantic saying, but I think the dates are kind of cool (though seriously do you forget the date you are married? so I don''t know WHY that is cool but it just seems like it would be?).
After 20+ years, you do have brain farts about the year and date. You don''t forget. You have temporary laspes.
2.gif
You accumulate soooooooo many dates to remember the longer you are on the planet. My friend''s daughter birthday is one day away from our anni. I know both dates are something to remember; but, every once in a while I get them mixed up & check the ring. So, it comes in handy - and maybe when I''m ancient it may be a way of remembering our intials as well.
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Author: fire&ice
and maybe when I''m ancient it may be a way of remembering our intials as well.
2.gif
Hee hee...I know what you mean, f&i!!
19.gif

Even if you DON''T have memory problems, it''s a fair guess that future generations won''t remember your wedding date.

I think of e-rings as future heirlooms, and as an antique collector/nut...I know dated pieces are even more special...

widget

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I found an old platinum band in Boston about 10 years ago, and it says, James to Sylvia 11-29-1942. I ran an ad until we moved, but no one ever called. I'd love to know the story behind the ring...

We got my husband's band in Italy, year before we got married, and just recently got him a Titanium one...which is nicer than I thought! And, I'm awaiting my upgrade from Whiteflash....but it never even crossed my mind to engrave it because we've already been married for over 11 years! I guess it just seems a little late in the game now....

louisesam

Rough_Rock
my wedding ring is engraved w/ my hubby''s name and the date of our wedding. his is engraved w/ mine and the date as well. pretty simple.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id have to be brain dead to forget mine. 7-2=5

Then again...my math skills tend to require a calculator.

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Although we are not yet officially engaged...I have already thought of this for HIS wedding ring.

toujours, ton petite fille francaise
(always, your little french girl)

or just tpff with date

We speak franglais to each other for fun and he''s called me this from the start...so cute!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results