shape
carat
color
clarity

Who has a James Meyer wedding band?

HikerGirl

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!
I recently got engaged and have my own piece of James Meyer artwork! Ahh...I love love love it! :appl:

Now I'm on the hunt for a good wedding band. I don't want stones, but I want a LITTLE something interesting on the band from keeping it too plain. I'm hoping Jim will do a band for me, but I'm wondering if others have any pictures of his bands on the hand? My e-ring is unplated white gold with a platinum bezel and wraps, and I'm torn about whether I want white gold or plat. White gold would probably match the e-ring better, but I think I'd prefer the band to be platinum when I where it on it's own.

I like his WED-J and WED-G bands, but I always feel like I need to see a pic with rings actually on a hand to get a true sense of what it looks like. Anyone have a good pic to post?

Also, can't help myself...here's a pic of my ring :love: I've admired his work for some time, and oh-so-subtly bookmarked his page on my man's computer. Jim asked him how he heard about his jewelry, and my man told him that I found it on some web page where women post pics of their rings and ooh and ahh over each other's rings....and Jim immediately guessed Pricescope--hah!

ring.gif

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ERing is stunning!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so beautiful!!! :love: I definitely would make the wedding band out of the same metal as the shank of the e-ring because I think it will look a little odd otherwise, unless you plan on having a diamond band. In that case, it won't matter. I like J the best.

Someone else was recently looking for a wedding band to go with a James Meyer e-ring and they were considering bezel milgrain bands from Singlestone and Jewels by Erica Grace if you want some other ideas.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I have WED-G in un-plated white gold with three platinum wraps. It is about 3mm wide. Super comfortable, and beautiful. Here is a picture on my finger. I can take a better picture later.

2_4.jpg

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
we do!!

(hubby and I finally got hitched and we both have JM bands in the unplated wg)

I have a modified version of the J band that is not scooped out and your same ering design - but mine is in unplated wg with green gold trim

it did take me months to settle on this band - as I wanted the right kind of band that would not over power my ering in any way as the shank is so fine

my wedder sits flush next to my ering - sits at the same height at the top and 1mm lower at the base (for as you would know the shank of our erings are taller at the base to stop spinning)

at exactly 2mm wide - I am happy with this band - it is litle a mini version of hubby's but with milgrain

and in future I will be able to wear a diamond eternity or two beside it (I have lots of real estate left to fill!!) and I know it won't chew up my precious ering

here is the glamour shot from the big day - I will pop a snap up of the wedder with my ering - I'll just go dig up the photo :wink2:

jmwedders.jpg

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
forgot to attach Jims hero snap :twirl:

jmfinalbands.jpg

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I want to add that if you want to have letters engraved inside the band, WED-G would probably be better, because it is 1mm wider than WED-J, and thus each letter could be bigger and more easily to see.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would surely think he could make J in any width???

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi HikerGirl,

i have WED-G which i got to wear with 1345. i will try and get a picture posted for you, but in the mean time i wanted to share that as much as i love the band itself (it's totally a tiny work of art) i don't love it on my finger or with the ering. i purchased a plain 2mm band to wear with my ering and i much prefer that. i find WED-G isn't flattering to my finger or my ering; i find it to be too wide which does take away from my diamond/ering. i really wish i had gone with WED-J or asked for it to be 2mm!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
here are some close ups with the ering - sorry about the dirty diamond and the crinkled fingers!!

Rainydaze - I won't ever wear this band on it's own as I won't and don't ever take off my ering

(I also don't think the wedder looks that great on my hands alone)

I got very close to asking Jim to remake it at 1.8mm just before the wedding to match the ering

but when I realised it lines up perfectly with the finishing point of the platform that holds the OMC - and tested some shared prong eternity rings next to it - I decided it was just right for me

jmset.jpg

HikerGirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! The photos are super helpful. I'll post a photo once I've made a decision and have a ring!

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
please do!!

and welcome to the JM club - you have such great taste :cheeky:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results