shape
carat
color
clarity

Who has a higher level of education, you or your spouse?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1377041827|3506910 said:
Dreamer_D|1377036500|3506848 said:
Dee*Jay|1377031410|3506778 said:
I have a masters degree and the guy I'm currently dating is just this fall going back to school to work on his bachelor's degree.

Deejay I like your style. Date 'em young and impressionable, I say. I hope he had a nice summer vacation with you.

:lol:

Don't I wish! -- INSERT COUGAR ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRR HERE!!!!

He's 48.

Signed,

Wanna Be Mrs. Robinson

How does Mr. Cup feel about this? :bigsmile:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1377046250|3506951 said:
Dee*Jay|1377041827|3506910 said:
Dreamer_D|1377036500|3506848 said:
Dee*Jay|1377031410|3506778 said:
I have a masters degree and the guy I'm currently dating is just this fall going back to school to work on his bachelor's degree.

Deejay I like your style. Date 'em young and impressionable, I say. I hope he had a nice summer vacation with you.

:lol:

Don't I wish! -- INSERT COUGAR ROOOOOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRR HERE!!!!

He's 48.

Signed,

Wanna Be Mrs. Robinson

How does Mr. Cup feel about this? :bigsmile:

Shhhhhhh... Cuppy can be our little PS secret. :devil:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Me! Currently, anyway. I have an AS, and am 10 days away (hopefully less, if I can stay off the internet :roll: ) from completing the coursework to finish up my BS. Planning on returning in about a year to go for my MSW. I'd love to end up with a PhD someday, but time will tell if I've got all that in me. The hubs is currently attending the same community college I went to, with one semester left to complete, and looking to transfer soon.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
We're both equal, but not for long. He has a BS in Computer Science and I have a BSN. I am applying this year for next fall's MSN-NP program. :) The money will almost be the same as I make now (I am in middle management as an RN after only 1.5 years of obtaining my RN!) but I want to get it done and over with as I get an educational discount since I work for the medical center portion of the University.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He does. I'm 3 weeks away from officially getting my BA, and will start on my MA late September. He has stopped his education after getting a masters in computer science and a bachelors in electrical engineering.

But his degrees were a waste of $ and time. He doesn't do engineering at all. His work has nothing to do with his degrees.
I think it's stupid for parents to force their kids into university for fields they're not even interested in.
6 years worth of tuition could've paid for a good chunk of a house.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do, just have to finish up my thesis and I'll officially have my master's. Sadly my advisor is as much of a procrastinator as me, but it will be done at some point before the end of the year! :cheeky: My husband has a bachelor's.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I do. I have a MS, he has a BA. He brings home bacon, I bring the whole hog.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
He does. He has a BA, MA and PhD. I have an AAS and a BA. But I've taken more credit hours because of entirely too many years screwing around (technically I've completed a half of an AOS too) and due to the AAS and BA not having ANY classes in common.

Contemplating going back to get my Masters. We'll see.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're equal. And I think we both hate school (I certainly do) so it's unlikely either of us will go back. Grad school sounds nightmarish.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Equal. We both have a PhD.

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
I do, for now! I have a BA and MFA, DH has a BS, but he's working on his MS in engineering while working full-time (and his company is paying for it, thank goodness), so he'll be done with that next June. Meanwhile, he already makes way more than me because my degrees are fairly useless when it comes to finding gainful employment :rolleyes:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I do. MLIS (Master of Library and Information Science), and he has a BA in political science. I out-earn him by quite a bit, but his job is much more difficult (residential treatment). He's starting grad school next week for an MS in Marriage & Family Therapy, though, so in a few years, he'll have way more education than I do (my degree only required 36 credits, his requires 55+) and the potential to out-earn me.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He does, two BS, one MS and a PHd in comp sci. I have an AS in dental hygiene. For an AS I make darn good money!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
SO (not married yet) and I both have Masters and professional licenses, so we're another couple that's pretty even.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I do. I have a BA and MA, and he has a BA.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
We both have Bachelor's degrees, I am currently working on my Master's. DH doesn't require a Master's for his line of work, more specialized training type stuff is more advantageous for him.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I currently do but that will change very soon. I have my Associates in Health Information Technology and am halfway through my BS in Health Information Management and Technology. DH currently has his GED and is two classes away from his BS in Information Technology and Software Design, and he will be starting his Masters immediately after that. DH makes more than I do, as I am a stay at home mom and student. But his career as a Warrant Officer, more specifically a Blackhawk pilot, has nothing to do with his degrees.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Me. I have a BA, he has an AS & AA in more vocational type studies. I also get paid twice as much. He would have been fine if the Golf industry hadn't taken such a hard hit the last few years, he had to switch to landscaping recently and start at the bottom again.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We're equal. DH has BA, MS and JD. I have BS, MS and MBA.

ascari_2

Shiny_Rock
She has a PhD in a hard science field with a 6 page CV. I have a measly JD.

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
He has a BS in engineering and I have a BS in biology and earth & space sciences. I was planning to go for a PhD, but then I met him and life kind of happened, and things changed. I plan on taking classes to get my GG sometime fairly soon. I'll have more schooling by then, but he'll probably always make more money than I do. He also finished his degree in half the time it took me to do mine.... :nono:

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
He does - a BA and a PGDip (teaching), with plans to start his MA soon. I have a BFA, no plan for more!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
He does. I have a BA (Linguistics/Psych) and BEd and he has a BEngineering Physics and MMath.

roadtonowhere

Rough_Rock
I have an MS and hubby has BS, both in conputer engineering. I make more, but I have no desire to climb the corporate ladder, so I will probably stay where I am forever.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
We're equal- I have an MA and he has an MPA...but I got mine a couple of years before he did.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
DBF and I both have BS and PharmD degrees (a combined 15 years at one higher education institution!)

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
We're equal. We met in graduate school. :bigsmile:

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
DH does. He has a Masters in Anesthesia. I have a Bachelors in Psychology, Associates degrees in Criminal Justice and Radiology.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I have a BS. DH does not have a degree. Sometimes he wishes he had gone simply because he LOVES learning but he's done very well without one. It would not be the best use of his time or money at this juncture.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results