shape
carat
color
clarity

Who does custom cuts?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking for something ridiculously specific so I'm thinking a custom cut lab diamond may be the way to go; if I can find it. Who does custom cuts? I'm looking for around 1.5-2.5ct french cut- brown, light yellow, or lower end of the alphabet. Its been on my wishlist for years and now that lab grown diamonds are becoming popular; I'm hoping i can have it made.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Off hand, I think Ouros on Etsy is a good point of contact. Vijay can cut stones to order. There are a lot of other vendors who can also help so worth checking the sticky on this thread.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Off hand, I think Ouros on Etsy is a good point of contact. Vijay can cut stones to order. There are a lot of other vendors who can also help so worth checking the sticky on this thread.

Thank you! I just messaged him and it sounds like he can do it!!!!

is Ouros’s custom cutting in line with the pricing of the stuff available in their Etsy shop, or is there a premium for custom?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I just messaged him and it sounds like he can do it!!!!

I’ve been eyeing him for several projects lately. If you feel comfortable, can you post your experience here with him in regards to your custom cut ?

RJLongLong

Rough_Rock
Another idea if you'd still like to ask around is Alex Park, he is on Instagram @parksfinegroupinc. I haven't worked with him but I follow him because of very high recommendations from PSers.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Another idea if you'd still like to ask around is Alex Park, he is on Instagram @parksfinegroupinc. I haven't worked with him but I follow him because of very high recommendations from PSers.

Alex is awesome but he's run off his feet with his mined and lab stones that he finds (and are snapped up within seconds). I don't feel he'll do custom cuts of labs as his cutter was finding doing traditional cuts hard enough lol

@Mjay - I think Rhino at Distinctive Gems would be another option for custom labs. Also worth asking New World Diamonds

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
is Ouros’s custom cutting in line with the pricing of the stuff available in their Etsy shop, or is there a premium for custom?

It's worth asking but I would think there's either a premium or he'll ask you to pay upfront. Trying to think of who it was who had a kite cut done by him or asked...

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock

I received a quote and I’d say it’s a hair more expensive.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve been eyeing him for several projects lately. If you feel comfortable, can you post your experience here with him in regards to your custom cut ?

I will absolutely share my experience. I’ve decided to put the project off for a few more months in search of a natural stone but if I don’t find what im looking for I’ll definitely have him cut it.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I’m looking forward to seeing it.
he made some tiny huggies for my daughter & I for out helix piercings and they are great

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
It's worth asking but I would think there's either a premium or he'll ask you to pay upfront. Trying to think of who it was who had a kite cut done by him or asked...

This little guy? Vijay asked for a deposit and then the final cost would depend on the finished weight of the stone. He was upfront of what cost per carat would be. He even sent a CAD before they cut it! Was actually really fun to check out.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
3EA0B80A-172F-4C9E-9D4E-1B237785D048.jpeg

This little guy? Vijay asked for a deposit and then the final cost would depend on the finished weight of the stone. He was upfront of what cost per carat would be. He even sent a CAD before they cut it! Was actually really fun to check out.

Yass! Your cutie. What did you do with him in the end? :D

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Yass! Your cutie. What did you do with him in the end? :D

Nothing yet. Darn budgeting. Maybe next year. I’ve been working on a big project this year, so close to being done though. I’m thinking a simple bezel set pinky ring

Kasey Bug

Shiny_Rock
I'm looking for something ridiculously specific so I'm thinking a custom cut lab diamond may be the way to go; if I can find it. Who does custom cuts? I'm looking for around 1.5-2.5ct french cut- brown, light yellow, or lower end of the alphabet. Its been on my wishlist for years and now that lab grown diamonds are becoming popular; I'm hoping i can have it made.

Jonathan at Distinctive Gem does beautiful work. I just received my lab diamond earring studs and they’re beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results