shape
carat
color
clarity

Who designed this dress? Plus suggestions on wedding location

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
What do you think?

I am looking for something that is simple, elegant, and modern. I like dresses that have the mesh or sheer material (not sure what it''s called, but its see through) at the upper parts of the dress or have sheer sleeves .

If you have any suggestions that would be great.

Also I am thinking of places where I''d like my wedding to be. I would like to have a very small wedding but not sure where it should be held. I definately don''t want it to be at the court house. Where did you all have your wedding? I am looking for a place that is not in a church or the court house. It will be a small ceremony with a couple of family memebers and friends.

Thanks

SassyB

Shiny_Rock
What area do you live in? What time of year are you marrying? Do you want to be in or outdoors?
Maybe a vineyard, golf course, fancy restaurant, family home......

Good luck! That planning part CAN be fun ;-)

SassyB

Shiny_Rock
By the way - that dress is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Dress = Christos by Amsale - Here is a link.
9.gif

With regards to the material, are you referring to chiffon? .. the light, floating type material that makes up the "strap" on that dress?

With regards to location - Have you considered a local park/garden/beach if you want to do it outdoors OR maybe if you are looking for something indoors - a boutique hotel or upscale restaurant with a private dining room/area? Or ... if you are looking for something a little edgier - maybe a museum or mansion venue in your area or a loft type space that you can rent for weddings and design to your liking - for example, in Seattle they have a place called Prada Studios that might perfectly suit your needs. If you research venues in your area, you might be able to find something similar??

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:31:05 PM
Author:lizziepoo

I am looking for something that is simple, elegant, and modern. I like dresses that have the mesh or sheer material (not sure what it''s called, but its see through) at the upper parts of the dress or have sheer sleeves .

Something like this?

sophiatollisheer.jpg

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:37:53 PM
Author: SassyB

What area do you live in? What time of year are you marrying? Do you want to be in or outdoors?
Maybe a vineyard, golf course, fancy restaurant, family home......

Good luck! That planning part CAN be fun ;-)
Thanks Sassy :D I live in Georgia. Not sure about the time of year yet but i was thinking maybe Fall or spring. I am mainly looking for some where that won''t be too expensive but has a natural beauty to it...

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 1:39:48 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Dress = Christos by Amsale - Here is a link.
9.gif

With regards to the material, are you referring to chiffon? .. the light, floating type material that makes up the ''strap'' on that dress?

With regards to location - Have you considered a local park/garden/beach if you want to do it outdoors OR maybe if you are looking for something indoors - a boutique hotel or upscale restaurant with a private dining room/area? Or ... if you are looking for something a little edgier - maybe a museum or mansion venue in your area or a loft type space that you can rent for weddings and design to your liking - for example, in Seattle they have a place called Prada Studios that might perfectly suit your needs. If you research venues in your area, you might be able to find something similar??
Yes yes yes....thanks sooo much Sparkalicious for the link. I really like Amsale''s designs but hadnt seen that one in my searches. Guess I didnt search hard enough
7.gif
. I am considering all places that won''t be too expensive, but I am in the beginning stages of my wedding planning :)

lizziepoo

Rough_Rock
Yes Ebree that is the material I am referring to. That dress is cute :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/28/2009 2:04:30 PM
Author: lizziepoo
Yes yes yes....thanks sooo much Sparkalicious for the link. I really like Amsale''s designs but hadnt seen that one in my searches. Guess I didnt search hard enough
7.gif
. I am considering all places that won''t be too expensive, but I am in the beginning stages of my wedding planning :)
You''re welcome, lizzie! Glad to help!
edit ... It''s actually Pravda Studios ... not Prada. oops.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
http://www.jekyllisland.com/weddings/

A friend of mine worked at the Jekyll Island Club Hotel during the summers in high school. When I got engaged and was considering a destination wedding, he told me about it. It really is beautiful. Besides the Club Hotel, there are many other gorgeous spots on the island where you could hold your ceremony too!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lizziepoo: that would be an "illusion" or "batteau" (AKA bateau or boat) neckline... (I love it btw. Very Audreay Hepburn!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results