shape
carat
color
clarity

Who are you sending Save the Dates to?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
I did a search on Save the Date information but it was all kind of blurry so I thought I would start a topic. Who are you sending Save The Dates to? I know that if a guest gets a Save The Date, tey should also get an invitation. But I was wondering if anyone is sending them to ALL of their guests whether in town or not. I know that the idea of a STD is that out of town guests can get ready. But in town guests should also make arrangements to be there too, right? Our wedding is 10-27-07 so the only holiday around is Halloween so no real danger of holiday traffic.

So, fellow Pricescopers, are you (or did you) send STDs to all your guests or only your out of towners? Your opiinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
We sent out STD a year in advance to everyone we were inviting.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I sent mine to everyone (b/c I have a lot of out of town guests) but I did a very easy email version from theknot.com to save on cost. Then, I made a few supplemental calls to those w/o email.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I sent mine to the whole family, all out of town guests, and a select few local guests. I made sure I hit everyone I felt "had" to be there, and the people my parents are inviting will find out by word-of-mouth, and then the invite.

Another cool thing that we didn''t realize is that by registering at Dillard''s, the local department store, our wedding date is published EVERY Sunday! They run an ad with the names of the registered couples and their wedding date. It''s kind of cool really... a free reminder, if you will. I can''t tell you how many people I ran into last time I was in town that already knew the date! (Another reason why we''re inviting almost the whole town)

Sujuann

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 7:44:39 PM
Author: sumbride
I sent mine to the whole family, all out of town guests, and a select few local guests. I made sure I hit everyone I felt ''had'' to be there, and the people my parents are inviting will find out by word-of-mouth, and then the invite.

Another cool thing that we didn''t realize is that by registering at Dillard''s, the local department store, our wedding date is published EVERY Sunday! They run an ad with the names of the registered couples and their wedding date. It''s kind of cool really... a free reminder, if you will. I can''t tell you how many people I ran into last time I was in town that already knew the date! (Another reason why we''re inviting almost the whole town)
Sumbride... that is AWESOME!!!
36.gif
I didn''t know they did that! Dillard''s was one place we thought about registering but thought we would do Macy''s instead. Now, I''ll rethink that. Do you know if they only do that at the local Dillard''s or is it national because I haven''t seen it.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it tends to be a busy time socially, it does not hurt to let local people know the date and time so they can mark their calendars. As a courtesy. Mostly the out of town people who need to make travel and other arrangements would be the obvious recipients, but certainly you can send them to anyone local too...

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 10:23:14 PM
Author: Sujuann
Date: 4/7/2007 7:44:39 PM

Author: sumbride

I sent mine to the whole family, all out of town guests, and a select few local guests. I made sure I hit everyone I felt ''had'' to be there, and the people my parents are inviting will find out by word-of-mouth, and then the invite.

Sumbride... that is AWESOME!!!
36.gif
I didn''t know they did that! Dillard''s was one place we thought about registering but thought we would do Macy''s instead. Now, I''ll rethink that. Do you know if they only do that at the local Dillard''s or is it national because I haven''t seen it.

I don''t know if all the Dillard''s do it or not, but it''s certainly worth calling your local store to ask. Ours runs in the local paper and my mom just reported that there still aren''t any other weddings in town on our date. She''s been checking every week. Another reason I like Dillards better than Macy''s... We put our china on both registries (we live in the non-Dillards northeast) and the prices on the Macys registry are much higher than the Dillards prices. I actually put a note about it on our website because I was so dismayed that Macy''s charges $25 more per place setting than Dillards!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results