shape
carat
color
clarity

Who are the top democratic presidential candidates for 2020?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a spin off from @Maisie 's thread. Who are the top contenders and who do you think would be a good President for 2020?

hobbesforpresident.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off the top of my head I'd like to see Bloomberg make a run.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Off the top of my head I'd like to see Bloomberg make a run.

I would like to see him run as well of course he would never be elected. He’s a NYC Jew. Could you imagine Oprah and Bloomberg on same ticket. Lol could you imagine how few votes they’d get. Sad but true.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
@t-c, @Calliecake, @ksinger, @House Cat, do you guys have any thoughts on this question?

I don't; not yet. I think we'll have to see how the mid-terms shape up. If Democrats do well, then they can have a say in the legislative agenda instead of just reacting to the Republicans. Then it's more likely that someone will emerge as a candidate.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I like what I've seen from Chris Murphy and Jeff Merkley, and it'd be great to have someone like Kamala Harris or Tammy Duckworth as VP (or vice versa). I love Elizabeth Warren, but she'll be 70 in 2020 and we really need some younger, more diverse blood in the seat. Also like Kristen Gillibrand, maybe with someone like Joaquin Castro as veep.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I like what I've seen from Chris Murphy and Jeff Merkley, and it'd be great to have someone like Kamala Harris or Tammy Duckworth as VP (or vice versa). I love Elizabeth Warren, but she'll be 70 in 2020 and we really need some younger, more diverse blood in the seat. Also like Kristen Gillibrand, maybe with someone like Joaquin Castro as veep.
Trump will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys mark this post. Read my lips...Michelle Obama will run for Prez. in 2020!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris.

Like many, I am waiting until the midterms are over to see what happens.

My son and I have been speculating that Trump won’t run for a second term. He will tell the people that he has had the most successful presidency in history. He will say he’s accomplished more than any other president in half the time and there is nothing more for him to do, so he won’t be running for a second term. Then there will really be some fun at the polls in 2020.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris.

Like many, I am waiting until the midterms are over to see what happens.

My son and I have been speculating that Trump won’t run for a second term. He will tell the people that he has had the most successful presidency in history. He will say he’s accomplished more than any other president in half the time and there is nothing more for him to do, so he won’t be running for a second term. Then there will really be some fun at the polls in 2020.

Either that or he is arrogant enough that he will run again. He seems to be grooming his daughter to run one day....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think a 3rd party candidate could ever win the presidential election? A poll from this past summer shows that the majority of democrats don’t feel either party represents them well.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/20/most-dems-would-consider-voting-third-party-poll/

The Democratic Party, locked in a power struggle between liberals and progressives, has more to fear from the rise of a third-party candidate in 2020 than the GOP, according to a newly released poll.

An icitizen survey released Monday found that most Democrats — 60 percent — were likely to consider voting for a third-party presidential candidate in three years, compared with just 29 percent of Republicans.

Among unaffiliated voters, the figure was 76 percent.

The online survey of 1,176 adults, which weighted responses to align with U.S. Census demographic benchmarks, comes with the Democratic Party establishment grappling with its rising left wing.

That split was exemplified by the hard-fought 2016 presidential primary between former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Vermont Sen. Bernard Sanders, a progressive favorite.

With news of a petition to ‘Draft Bernie [Sanders] For President,’ many groups are looking to create a new party and make a run in 2020,” said the icitizen analysis.

‌The poll had good news for Berniecrats, Libertarians and Greens: 70 percent of those surveyed agreed that third parties are necessary and that the two major parties “do not represent them well.”

“Poll results suggest that an overall majority of Americans, including Democrats and Republicans, are looking for more representation of Americans’ views and are likely to give a third party candidate a chance in 2020,” said icitizen director of polling Cynthia Villacis in a statement.

While U.S. third-party presidential candidates have fought to gain relevance, they have also been credited with playing spoiler roles in at least two recent elections.

Running as the Reform Party candidate, Texas businessman Ross Perot helped doom President George H.W. Bush’s 1992 re-election bid, while Green Party candidate Ralph Nader may have siphoned votes from Democrat Al Gore Jr. in 2000.

The poll found sentiment for third parties was strongest among young voters: Fully 84 percent of voters 18-34 said they believed a third political party was necessary.

The icitizen survey was conducted between June 14-16 among icitizen users, with a margin of error of 2.86 percentage points.

Here’s hoping the mid-terms will bring forth some excellent candidate options.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maxine Waters!...:wacko: She'll impeach Trump this year and then win the Presidency in 2020... :bigsmile:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Do you think a 3rd party candidate could ever win the presidential election? A poll from this past summer shows that the majority of democrats don’t feel either party represents them well.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/20/most-dems-would-consider-voting-third-party-poll/

Here’s hoping the mid-terms will bring forth some excellent candidate options.

Missy, the Washington Times is a very conservative newspaper and I wouldn't believe any poll they conduct on anything, much less what Democrats think.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, the Washington Times is a very conservative newspaper and I wouldn't believe any poll they conduct on anything, much less what Democrats think.

Thanks Rainwood. I had no clue about the Washington Times. But yeah I guess I am dreaming we will have some amazing candidates for the democratic party. Really hoping someone fresh and qualified and intelligent and compassionate and fair and good will come onto the scene or perhaps that person is already here and I don't know about it. I am hoping hard and praying in a non religious way because you know who cannot be elected again. He just cannot. :pray:

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Elizabeth Warren, Michelle Obama, Tammy Duckworth

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really, really love Joe Biden but I wonder about the age factor. I also love Cory Booker and Kamala Harris. There are others, too but those are who stand out to me right now.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Dem. need another JFK too bad they didn't have one today.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The D party should nominate Adam Schiff in 2020.:clap: I'm sure he can convince most americans to vote for him instead of Trump.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand. Maybe Joe Biden. I think Bernie might try.
Michelle Obama might - only if the chances of the above will look bleak (quite possible).

Why can't we have a woman in politics with the oratorial skills of Liz Warren and the looks of Tulsi Gabbard? (Sigh). She would have the chance to beat Trump.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Booker, Harris, Joe Kennedy, Duckworth. All of them are great, but my guess is that Kamala Harris won't be quite ready in 2020. She'd be a great VP though, and then she could run after. I adore Joe Biden, but like others worry about age.

I love Elizabeth Warren and always have, so I'd be happy to see her on any ticket!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Elizabeth Warren and always have, so I'd be happy to see her on any ticket!
Trump would eat her up alive. EW's chance of beating Trump are slim and none!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump would eat her up alive. EW's chance of beating Trump are slim and none!

Sadly, yes. Although I love her and think that she could rip him into pieces in debates. But yes, her chances of being elected are low.

Here is one problem with Clinton in 2016... (I never paid attention to her emails and think that other allegations are nonsense).

Biden did not run in 2016. Warren did not run. No one tried. I think they were afraid of the Clintons. And this, sadly, is something I hold against Hillary.

Biden did have the chance in 2016. Very solid one. Maybe Liz had a chance as VP.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is not one of any listed that I would vote for. Probably the only dem I would ever vote for is Joe Manchin.

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is not one of any listed that I would vote for. Probably the only dem I would ever vote for is Joe Manchin.

No one needs to vote for Democrats if he does not want to, and Manchin may switch parties. His daughter Heather Bresch's controversy with epi pen was bad enough. A kid died because of peanut butter allergy and inability to afford epi pen.

And before that time there was another one with her MBA.

http://fortune.com/2016/08/26/epipen-mylan-ceo-interview-heather-bresch-mba/

"It was during this odyssey that the Heather Bresch situation surfaced. The October 2007 news release announcing Bresch’s promotion [to COO] declared that she had received an MBA from West Virginia University; by December, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported that WVU had altered her transcripts and awarded her degree retroactively. Joe Manchin by then was West Virginia’s governor, and the implication of cronyism tainted Bresch just as she was emerging as a corporate leader….A subsequent investigation by the school stripped Bresch of her degree. Its 95-page report concluded that administrators had given Bresch grades “pulled from thin air” because of her “high profile”—but it didn’t directly fault either father or daughter."

(Is it that difficult to even get an MBA? Why does anyone need to alter transcripts for it?)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results