shape
carat
color
clarity

WhiteFlash jewelry box quality??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doctork

Shiny_Rock
Before I go any further, I''d just like to say that this is not a bash on WF. I am 100% satisfied with WF and will continue to use them for my diamond needs.

I recently made a very large purchase on a wedding set. When I received them I was actually very pleased with the boxes they came in. They appeared to be high quality boxes. However, after a few times of opening and closing one of the boxes, the box basically fell apart at the hinge. I quickly took pictures and e-mailed them to my sales rep at WF. They quickly shipped out a replacement box for me. After receiving and opening the replacement box, we noticed the cushion on the box was dented in, and wouldn''t pop back out. Then quickly after, the hinge on that box fell apart as well. I took more pictures, e-mailed to WF, and of course WF did everything within their power to make this right and make me happy. I am now waiting for a "special" box that WF is sending me, and I''ve also been told that as of now this box supplier they''ve been using has been cut.

Has anyone noticed the poor quality of boxes coming out of WF? I really hope they get a new vendor that supplies them with quality boxes that can stand up to the quality of their work & diamonds.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Mine''s still in good shape.
19.gif

Unless it''s a Tiffany box, I wouldn''t really care...
face23.gif
But really.. I''m glad to see WF did all that they could for you. I thought I heard on here there was a designer that sent his stuff out in plastic baggies??

Point being, wouldn''t you rather have a nice box vs. a BEST BOX EVER? That way you know the rings are not marked up a ton to cover these things. I don''t know. Have you thought of having one made? That would be kinda cool. There was someone on here that had a wood one made with a design.. it was pretty cool.

Just know you have options. And, the best thing is you''re engaged!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of boxes from WF and have had no problems. It's good to know that WF has addressed your issue.

doctork

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 12:35:14 PM
Author: swedish bean
Point being, wouldn''t you rather have a nice box vs. a BEST BOX EVER? That way you know the rings are not marked up a ton to cover these things. I don''t know. Have you thought of having one made? That would be kinda cool. There was someone on here that had a wood one made with a design.. it was pretty cool.

I would indeed, but I wouldn''t consider a box that falls apart at the hinges after only a couple times of opening and closing a "nice box". At least it doesn''t seem like a major problem. Maybe I got two of the very very few faulty boxes
2.gif
. If the boxes didn''t fall apart, they would have been perfectly acceptable.

Either way props to WF for taking the time to make sure I was happy, and to *hopefully* finding a new box supplier.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unless it's a Tiffany box, I wouldn't really care...
face23.gif
But really.. I'm glad to see WF did all that they could for you. I thought I heard on here there was a designer that sent his stuff out in plastic baggies??
Ditto!

And that designer you're thinking of is Leon Mege. It's his little F.U. to customers who didn't buy the stone from him.
11.gif
9.gif
Kidding. Mostly...
2.gif
12.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry your boxes were crappy. It happens sometimes, but it shouldn''t and is annoying. That''s life and I am glad WF are trying to make you happy
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 2:17:20 PM
Author: musey

Unless it's a Tiffany box, I wouldn't really care...
face23.gif
But really.. I'm glad to see WF did all that they could for you. I thought I heard on here there was a designer that sent his stuff out in plastic baggies??
Ditto!

And that designer you're thinking of is Leon Mege. It's his little F.U. to customers who didn't buy the stone from him.
11.gif
9.gif
Kidding. Mostly...
2.gif
12.gif
Ha, LM came to mind too on the no box (plastic baggies). hehe

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I''ve had good luck with their boxes, no problem at all. I did notice that my last project (just received about a week ago) came in a different kind of box - flat-topped and wood-finished, instead of the black ones with the protruding tops I''ve gotten before...

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that! Do any of you use your ring/jewelry boxes? I throw them away usually...yes, even the Tiff boxes! What do you do with them? Maybe I should have kept them... They all seem pretty disposable to me. Even my Tiff boxes, which are velvet and satin were kind of cheap, I thought. You usually have to buy special jewelry boxes if you want them to stand up to the multiple daily opening & closing routine.
31.gif

doctork

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 4:11:20 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Hmm...I''ve had good luck with their boxes, no problem at all. I did notice that my last project (just received about a week ago) came in a different kind of box - flat-topped and wood-finished, instead of the black ones with the protruding tops I''ve gotten before...

Yeah all of the boxes I''ve received from WF have been wood finished with a flat top and rounded corners. Got any pics of the black one you''re talking about?

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
love WF''s diamond.

But the ring box sort of starting to fall apart after a few opens. the top and bottom completely separated now. and the metal part that is suppose to act as the spring came off. I throw it away already.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boxes have been fine. Sorry you have had trouble. But to be honest, I don''t store my jewelry in them so don''t know if I opened and closed them daily whether mine would hold up?? Yanno?

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 5:39:44 PM
Author: Kaleigh
My boxes have been fine. Sorry you have had trouble. But to be honest, I don''t store my jewelry in them so don''t know if I opened and closed them daily whether mine would hold up?? Yanno?
Ditto. Mine''s the wood variety and is fine so far, but it''s only been a month and it''s only been opened a few times. Good to watch out for though!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 5:39:44 PM
Author: Kaleigh
My boxes have been fine. Sorry you have had trouble. But to be honest, I don't store my jewelry in them so don't know if I opened and closed them daily whether mine would hold up?? Yanno?
Yip, ditto. I have their boxes but don't store my jewelry in them.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2009 2:17:20 PM
Author: musey

Unless it''s a Tiffany box, I wouldn''t really care...
face23.gif
But really.. I''m glad to see WF did all that they could for you. I thought I heard on here there was a designer that sent his stuff out in plastic baggies??
Ditto!

And that designer you''re thinking of is Leon Mege. It''s his little F.U. to customers who didn''t buy the stone from him.
11.gif
9.gif
Kidding. Mostly...
2.gif
12.gif
This is hilarious. You never know what''s going on in that mans mind.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve had no problem with my boxes from WF. Honestly, if you use them on a daily basis, I would get a sturdy real jewelry box. I don''t think the ring boxes jewelers give out are really meant for every day use. They always seem semi-disposable to me!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I know what you mean as the hinge on mine broke too. It didn't "fall apart", but it is broken. Mine is the dark wood with white cushion.
Its no biggy for me, and I'm glad to hear they are changing their supplier.
I would much rather have an ok box, than have to pay extra on jewellery for a really awse box !

ETA: I agree with Thing2 above, and after buying a gorgeous handamde jewellery box, I don't use ring boxes anymore.
maybe a nice jewellery box as a gift?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I have the black box and I open and close it twice a day for almost 3 years. It still looks great... good luck with the replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results