shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash custom design advice

handlesengaged

Rough_Rock
Hey all (first time poster, longer time reader),
Looking for some advice on a 3-stone, princess-cut, custom ring I am designing with WF based on one of their previous custom designs (picture). I am still waiting for the CAD but I would like peoples advice on the ring's side view to expedite the process after receiving the CAD. The top view is perfect. I personally love the loop design. Ring is being designed with all ACA diamonds (no saphires)
Centre stone is a 0.66 carat ACA princess.
I have asked for the centre area to be opened up like the two sides (removing the triangular filling). I think this will make the ring more delicate.
What do you think of the side-view? What would you change?
I am wondering if it is too tall from ring to stone and would be better compressed a little?

ringpic.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not think the little loops are going to be all that effective when you go to smaller stones than are likely pictured. With the straight lines of princess cut stones, I would prefer the bars be either straight or perhaps like the sides of the Legato sleekline solitaire.

Do you know what size the stones are in the picture? I think it will naturally be lower if you are using a .6 center. But the one pictured does look a little too high to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is one that has a legato style head. Obviously the shank could be thinner and more elegant if it will be plain metal without diamonds. I might also make the prongs on the center stone single.

Custom-Platinum-3-Stone-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-by-Whiteflash-16580.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that it looks like the setting is a little high. I would ask them to set the stones lower.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I agree the setting is too high but also I am not a fan of the loops. I like the design Diamondseeker posted especially for a stone smaller than pictured with your original setting.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo|1317130966|3026788 said:
I agree the setting is too high but also I am not a fan of the loops. I like the design Diamondseeker posted especially for a stone smaller than pictured with your original setting.

I totally agree!! this setting would be perfect

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the setting DS posted as well, for a smaller princess. I think the first setting might overwhelm the stone, it's very busy by comparison.

But you'll get a CAD with the design you have in mind soon enough, I would wait until that comes in and see what you think! The CAD won't be a perfect representation of the final product - it'll be bulkier, have more curvature in the lines (esp at the catherdal shoulders), have less spacing between components than the final product, but it'll give you a very good idea of the overall aesthetic in a "like" or "don't like" way :))

handlesengaged

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the advice, very Helpful. I know I am jumping the gun here a bit, but the ring buying process has made me excitable and a bit obsessed.
What do you think about this ring? Legato style bars with a similar profile to the original ring. Not sure I like the exact style of these bars, but I do like the openness of the side profile (what i love about the first ring design). The diamond sizes are also similar to what mine will carry.

custom-18k-white-gold-3-stone-diamond-engagement-ring-princess-sapphire-by-whiteflash_2.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
handlesengaged|1317182786|3027580 said:
Thanks all for the advice, very Helpful. I know I am jumping the gun here a bit, but the ring buying process has made me excitable and a bit obsessed.
What do you think about this ring? Legato style bars with a similar profile to the original ring. Not sure I like the exact style of these bars, but I do like the openness of the side profile (what i love about the first ring design). The diamond sizes are also similar to what mine will carry.

I prefer it set lower but that is personal preference.
I also prefer the style of pave on the other ring (personal preference)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results