shape
carat
color
clarity

Whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Liebling80

Rough_Rock
I recently read "How to Buy a Diamond" to become more informed and stumbled upon this site. I then used the diamond search and found a gorgeous .32 carat loose diamond on Whiteflash.com. I''m wowed but wary, because the site only has a 10-day return policy and requires an RAN, which Cuellar said to watch out for. Has anyone bought from Whiteflash? Could you please share your experiences? Thanks!

Stacy
1.gif

terri

Rough_Rock
Hi--What is an RAN?

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi liebling!

welcome to the forum!

i know a lot of people will chime in on this one but let me be the first (hehehe)
tongue.gif

i have not bought from whiteflash.com personally, but i've kept my ears to the grindstone long enough to know that they are an EXTREMELY reputable dealer who has many many satisfied customers. this is especially true on their "A Cut Above" or ACA as it's known on the forum diamonds. i've seen pictures from them that will simply blow your socks off! check out some of the eye-candy at:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-forum-engagement-ring-folder-eye-candy.5429/

as far as fred cuellar, that's a hot topic here on the forum...mostly bad. you can do a search on him here, but here's a start:

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/diamonds/diamonds-5140.asp

good luck and ask as many questions as you like here on this forum. you will not find a group of people more informed and more helpful as you will here.

take care and aloha.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
terri,

it's a "Return Authorization Number". many businesses use it as it helps them track a particular item down. especially helpful when you deal with many customers and many different items.

comment to cuellar:

if it's such a bad thing, why do several large companies use it? i, for one, know that when i've had to return some computer hardware to the manufacturer (big names mind you like HP or Seagate or even Dell), i was given a number. this just helps them to track the order and immediately pull it up on their computers so they know exactly what they're dealing with, rather than having to remember every single persons item for every situation.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lieb!
wavey.gif

Very satified White Flash customer here. Check for my post on Early Mother's Day Eye Candy about a week and a half before Mother's Day. Gorgeous diamonds, Great Customer Service, Wonderful People to deal with. I had 2 diamonds shipped to choose from and received a prompt refund on the one I did not select. White Flash custom made my bezel setting. Excellent workmanship. Nothing but rave reviews here!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Cuellar is the one I'd watch out for!
2.gif
He has quite a reputation that precedes him!
nono.gif

Just saw your post 69gm. RAN makes sense now. Return Authorization Number. If you decide not to keep the diamond, you simply contact White Flash within the time period. They give you return instructions along a # to reference on your package.

White Flash will ship direct to a variety of Independent Appraisers without you having to pay in advance for the diamond. If you approve the evaluation, you pay White Flash and the appraiser ships the diamond on to you. If you choose to use your own appraiser, White Flash will probably hold the diamond for a day to give you time to contact your appraiser. Best to give your appraiser notice that you will have a diamond coming so he/she can schedule accordingly. You will have no problem with the return period time frame.
2.gif

Also, White Flash has a life-time upgrade policy. You can upgrade at any time for 100% of the original purchase price of your diamond.
9.gif

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
Very legit companies use RA numbers for various reasons, among which are:

1. It determines if sending the product back to the company is the appropriate course of action
2. Helps in tracking that product - without an RA number they don't know to look for it, it could easily slip through the cracks and get misplaced
3. Helps in determining what to do with the product once it arrives at the warehouse (who to give it to, etc)
4. With an RA number the company is expecting the product, and if it gets lost during the shipping process they will be aware that it hasn't arrived yet.

Most companies use RA numbers - that way they don't end up suddenly responsible for product that just shows up in their warehouse.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
yeah! you tell 'em andrienne!
appl.gif

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
1.gif

ruby7

Rough_Rock
Hai liebling
I am one of satiesfied customer of WF,recently purchased a stone and a ring,their service is very good,u can check out my stone picture in today forum

3Richmond

Rough_Rock
Hi Liebling,

I purchased a diamond and ring from WhiteFlash just last week. They're excellent. I recently posted my experience with them recently and a picture of the ring.

As for the 10 day return policy, WhiteFlash was very kind to extend it by a couple of days because I was not able to get an appointment with an apprasier sooner. They're very accomodating and you'll have no problems with them.

Good luck with your search!

djgaloot

Rough_Rock
I'll jump in too. I am VERY satisfied with Whiteflash. I just bought 5 diamonds from them in the .21ct to .49ct range. I am thrilled. See my different posts "my 5 diamonds" for more information.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven't bought from WF, but I sure love drooling over their eye candy. They have a great rep on the forum and are known for very personal service. I have emailed with them recently asking some questions about their ACA lineup as I am considering buying a small ACA or having a small ring made for fun. Lesley responds to my emails quickly even though I know she is swamped and stays up very late at times catching up on biz with customers.

Fred's book is great for a newbie to read (I read it too when I started looking), but take what he says with a huge grain of salt. He has a hidden agenda, as in he sells stones too and wants to sell you HIS. If you call him and ask him about this WF stone, I will put money down that he will say it sounds 'warped' and to pass it up. As the others noted, view previous posts on him, and also run a search on Google for him, interesting past activities pop up.

Whatever your decision, make it an educated one!

Good luck
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Whiteflash is just great!!!!!!!! Lesley is a real gem too!!!!!
1.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased a diamond from Whiteflash and I have to say the experience was wonderful. Everyone there is great, Denise, Leslie, Brian, Judy, etc.
I actually even had to return my diamond when I first bought it because I didn't like the setting, so I have first hand experience on their return system. I wouns up buying the same diamond in a different setting.
Yes, you only have 10 days to return it if you are not happy, but I think that gives you enough time to get it appraised and to decide if you really love it. And they also refund most of the cost of the setting you choose, which many vendors do not do.
As far as the RAN, that is just a number that they give you when you are returning what you purchased, I think it is similar to an order number. Which makes sense, because what if a few people sent something back to Whiteflash, how would they know what was what?
I am very pleased with the purchase I made and the service Whiteflash provided. I am even thinking about purchasing another diamond ring from them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results