shape
carat
color
clarity

White gold vs plat for eterbity ring

ringsearching

Rough_Rock
I am wondering what the current consensus on which to use on the forum? I searched old posts and different threads seem pretty divided. I assumed i wanted plat to go for the best, but with one vendor i may be able to afford a higher pointer size if i go with white gold 14 k. One vendor's price difference is over $600 for 14 k vs plat in my size, while anothe vendor's difference is less than $200 and only does 18k. I am also not sure why with one vendor the price diff btw plat and white gold is so myh greater than with another. One vendor also said white hold might actually be more comfortable bc it is lighter on the finger- this appealed to me, but low maintenance also appeals to me.

Any thoughts?

Krod

Rough_Rock
all metals will have some maintenance (to a certain extent). White golds will need to be replated, which is the reason why I chose not to go with it. Depending on the wear, this can be more or less frequently needed. Platinum will get micro-abrasions in it over time and actually change the hue of the metal. This will give it an antique sort of look. Some people love this look, while others want to have it polished down on occasion to keep it sparkling.

With something like this, the price of metals are all so close that I wouldnt make the decision based on price, but rather on what you hope for with the ring.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what metal are your other rings made of? Sometimes people take matching metals into consideration.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Platinum

specific alloys that are harder:

90% platinum, 10% iridium

95% platinum, 5% ruthenium

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results