shape
carat
color
clarity

White Gold - Palladium WG vs. Nickel WG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaratMan

Rough_Rock
I am expecting to get the CADs for my custom WF e-ring today or tomorrow and need to decide on which white gold mixture to go with. I am going with 14k WG, but I can chose from a palladium WG mixture ($75 extra) or a standard nickel WG mixture. My GF has no known allergies to nickel (has been wearing another 14k WG ring from Macy''s for years) and they told me that that would be the only benefit to going with the palladium mixture over the nickel (PD is hypoallergenic). Please provide any advice/experience you can on this subject to help me make the final decision on my e-ring. Thank you!

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I am no expert but I''ll at least provide my experience. When I purchased the ring for my FI I asked the retailer (Excel) for their opinions between WG and Palladium (I believe the price was the same for Palladium and 18kt WG and $100 less if going with 14kt WG). They advised to stay with WG. I ended up chosing the 18kt version I liked the look of it slightly better. I''m very happy with how it turned out and how shiny it is...

CaratMan

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 4:50:05 PM
Author: aveda6
Hello, I am no expert but I''ll at least provide my experience. When I purchased the ring for my FI I asked the retailer (Excel) for their opinions between WG and Palladium (I believe the price was the same for Palladium and 18kt WG and $100 less if going with 14kt WG). They advised to stay with WG. I ended up chosing the 18kt version I liked the look of it slightly better. I''m very happy with how it turned out and how shiny it is...
I am definately sticking with WG, but I guess they have different mixtures of 14kt WG that you can choose from (14kt WG/Palladium versus standard 14kt WG/Nickel mixture)

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think others also mentioned that Pd WG do not need to be replated with rhodium to stay white unlike Ni WG.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results