shape
carat
color
clarity

white gold and ultrasonic

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick question...is white gold okay in an ultrasonic? Will the rhodium plating wear away faster if the ultrasonic is used frequently? It seems like I read something about gold prongs being not great in an ultrasonic (stone might loosen or something?).

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
DS I put my white gold in the ultrasonic all the time and have had absolutely no problem with it. I haven''t had to have anything rhodium plated either.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that''s really good to hear, Sundial! I''ll put one on my Christmas list, then!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am not sure how good those things are compared to boiling water mixed with ammonia and detergent

But no amount of ultrasonic vibration will hurt a ring - only stones like emerald and opal

Londonchris

Rough_Rock
Ultrasonic cleaner consisting of water and ammonia will not harm rhodium plating.
Ultrasonic will harm certain "gems" as stated (opal, emerald ect).
Only hanging your ring from a metal hook while it cleans,may scratch the plating abit,though hardly worth the worry.

Hope that helps.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Thanks very much Garry and Londonchris!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results