shape
carat
color
clarity

White cabinets, stainless appliances, what color granite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have absolute black, that is what it is called. It has the tiniest sheen to it, and has a nice depth to it.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love black granite with white cabinets! We almost put black in, but, decided on giallo santo because I really wanted to use tan subway tiles and metal deco tiles for the backsplash.

Congrats on the new house Steph! Did you move to a new area?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 7:42:50 AM
Author: steph72276
Thanks guys for all the suggestions and pictures. I am going to go through pics on the internet and then try to find some design centers to get some other ideas.

Hey Steph, don''t you live in ATL? The Expo design center is there. Don''t actually buy anything from Home Depot, but it''s nice to go look. Also, I will look through some of my design stuff and see what I can find.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 1:53:05 PM
Author: Miranda
I love black granite with white cabinets! We almost put black in, but, decided on giallo santo because I really wanted to use tan subway tiles and metal deco tiles for the backsplash.

Congrats on the new house Steph! Did you move to a new area?

Thanks for the congrats on the new house...yep, hubby got moved to the Orlando area. We loved the neighborhood, but the house we chose needs a little updating, so the kitchen is my first project!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 2:38:17 PM
Author: pennquaker09
Date: 3/6/2008 7:42:50 AM

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and pictures. I am going to go through pics on the internet and then try to find some design centers to get some other ideas.

Hey Steph, don''t you live in ATL? The Expo design center is there. Don''t actually buy anything from Home Depot, but it''s nice to go look. Also, I will look through some of my design stuff and see what I can find.

Hey, Penn...we used to live in atlanta, but we got moved to the Orlando area for my husband''s job. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the home depot expo design center...I used to spend many weekends there just getting ideas. Not too sure if they have one here, but I will have to look. Thanks for all of your help, you have excellent taste!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I second the black but having had it once, it is hard to keep clean. I love the look of warm, neutral colors as well.
I have Santa Ceclia/Giallo Ornamental but have darker wood cabinets but I love my granite. It''s a very neutral look.
You could do Uba Tuba which is a green/black.

Here''s a picture going with the neutral family. (Not my kitchen)
Picture on the right is St. Cecila with white (not my kitchen)

whitecabinetswithwarmgranite.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 4:15:37 PM
Author: Angel7
I second the black but having had it once, it is hard to keep clean. I love the look of warm, neutral colors as well.

I have Santa Ceclia/Giallo Ornamental but have darker wood cabinets but I love my granite. It's a very neutral look.

You could do Uba Tuba which is a green/black.

Here's a picture going with the neutral family. (Not my kitchen)

Picture on the right is St. Cecila with white (not my kitchen)

Ooohh, thanks, Angel7! I really like the look of the kitchen on the right....my kitchen is shaped just like that, so that gave me a really good idea of what it would look like, thanks!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 4:39:48 PM
Author: Giada
I would second the black suggestion. I have black in my kitchen (although my cabinets are not white).

Have you ever watched Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network? I believe she has the black and white combo and it looks wonderful!
I love Ina''s kitchen! The black granite looks great with the white cabinets, but what I really love are her curved, slightly old fashioned brushed nickel drawer pulls. Nickel hardware just looks so good with white cabinets.

With white cabinets, stainless steel appliances and neutral floors, you could go with almost any color of granite. There are some really beautiful greens and blues available. If you want to stick with something more neutral, I love Juparana Columbo. It has black, white/cream and blush in a really attractive (IMHO) pattern.

JuparanaColumbo.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steph, all my hardware and faucets are brushed nickel too. I think it looks lovely with stainless, which is not super shiny but has a brushed appearance. That can make a lot of difference. But I am not a shiny brass gal at all.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
DF, thanks...brushed nickel would be gorgeous with the ss appliances.

Kay, I loved the Juparana Columbo color...that would solve my issue since it mixes all the colors in a very neutral way. Thank you!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 10:04:52 PM

Kay, I loved the Juparana Columbo color...that would solve my issue since it mixes all the colors in a very neutral way. Thank you!

Steph, do you have an island?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like maybe using black on the island only, and the one above with the multi colors or something else that has some black in it. That would look great too. I love the two different colored granites and cabinet colors in my kitchen.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 10:38:50 PM

Penn, my kitchen is shaped just like Angel7''s picture to the right....It''s bigger than an island, but a seperate part with the sink and a bar area.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I also like doing the island in a different granite color. There are so many options you can go with.
It is also a great look to do the wood of the island in a different color . I actually think it looks finished that way .

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 7:33:48 AM

Penn, my kitchen is shaped just like Angel7''s picture to the right....It''s bigger than an island, but a seperate part with the sink and a bar area.

Okay that''s great. And what other colors are in your house. Such as the living room and dining room?

Right now, I''m think Luna Pearl for your main counters and maybe Absolute Black for the other. With nickel hardware it would be beautiful.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
My other ideas are a little more adventurous. How much color do you like?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
steph - I haven''t been around much lately but was just taking a quick PS break and saw your thread....

I have to tell you, I have Absolute Black on my island and it is really hard to keep clean. It shows every bit of dust, smudge, finger print, etc. I have to really polish it up for it to look great! On the perimeter I have tropic brown and it is so easy - I hardly have to do anything to keep it looking great.

So, I really recommend against the absolute black unfortunately!

Good luck!!

My inlaws have santa cecila and it is really beautiful...

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 11:57:46 AM
Date: 3/7/2008 7:33:48 AM

Penn, my kitchen is shaped just like Angel7's picture to the right....It's bigger than an island, but a seperate part with the sink and a bar area.

Okay that's great. And what other colors are in your house. Such as the living room and dining room?

Right now, I'm think Luna Pearl for your main counters and maybe Absolute Black for the other. With nickel hardware it would be beautiful.

Hey, Penn. The kitchen is open to the family room, and both are a tan color. We just moved in last week, I'm not sure of the exact color the previous owners had on the wall, but everything in the house is a neutral color (almost to the point of being boring, I don't mind color as long as it is not too bright.)

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
What color is your furniture? To be honest, my head is going in the direction of blue. A nice light blue.

Alternatively, how do you feel about some red.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post a picture of your kitchen if you get a chance??? I think it may helping figuring out the best colors. Do you currently have granite or something else? I am loving Apple's kitchen if you have similar floors and cabinets going on.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Skippy. I have to find the wire that goes from the digital camera to the computer....It must be in a box in the garage that we haven''t opened yet because it wasn''t with our office stuff. I will post a pic as soon as I find that though.

Penn, our furniture is tan also, so everything is pretty much a blank slate. I just bought a set of slate blue color pillows to go on the sofa so I really like that. I am a little over red as I had berry and sage green everything in our last home, so I am liking the chocolate brown/blue colors these days. Thanks!

Kay

Ideal_Rock

I''m glad you like it. I came so close to using it in our kitchen. DH fell in love with a green slab, and although it wasn''t my first choice initially, I now really like it with our cherry cabinets.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love cafe au lait colored walls, with some ecru and slate mixed in it would be a gorgeous palate. You could find a chocolate granite with some cream swirls, and do a nice deep hardwood floor. I think that would be elegant and stunning, since the two rooms open to each other.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others who mentioned that black granite requires alot of maintenance. My friend used black granite for floor and counters. You can see every smudge and fingerprints. I have white cabinets, brushed nickel handles, and stainless steel appliances. I ended up choosing a greenish-tan granite. I''d love to show pics but have no idea how to attach pictures
33.gif
I''m terrible with computers!

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm... Let''s see if this works.

countertop2.JPG

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
It worked!! So proud of myself
31.gif

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Close up look.

sink5.JPG

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Are you open to quartz?

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Chiapet, love your granite! Looks great with the white and ss. Thanks so much for posting!

Penn, yep...I am not tied to granite so I am going to look into quartz, granite, silestone, etc. to see what we like best.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
appletini, I just wanted to say that I''d never in a million years think to put those colors together in a kitchen...but they look fabulous! I love it! Well done! It''s both warm and cozy and also very cheery as well. Lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results