shape
carat
color
clarity

White Burberry Trench coat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Shopping today and found the cutest coat. It''s white trench style, with a zipper closure as well as a belt. It''s about mid thigh length.

I really liked it *but* I was concerned about the white color. I am wondering if I carry a shoulder bag if that bag is going to cause the white shoulders of the coat to discolor.

I haven''t had a Burberry and wonder if that white coat will clean easily.
What does anyone think? Is a white trench coat a cool spring time coat? Is white a big mistake color???

Any thoughts/experiences welcome - I keep thinking about the coat and want to go pick it up, but am having these reservations.

Thanks!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I also saw these trenches today--in black and tan as well. In general, I love Burberry products--their trench coats are classic. However, I have reservations about buying all white--as they mark so easily. I have other products of theirs and they are all drycleanable, but some things just don''t come out of white...... That said, understand your attraction to the coat in white--so crisp, so fresh, so chic.....

I bought a trench coat today--lacy white and black--a cheapie--by Kenzie. It is fun but not a classic.....................

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always worn beige Burberry trench coats. I love them, but they are dirt magnets. The Burberry store will probably know the names of some good cleaners.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not sure how cleanable the white is, but I am a dirt magnet with three kids and I do not do well with something in all white...I would immediately sit in ketchup or rub up near grease so I know that I would avoid it, but that is just me. I do love a classic Burberry trench, and maybe it could be scotch guarded without discoloring it.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Three smart ladies, all agreeing that white is difficult. I think you have solidified my thoughts. I may talk to Burberry about how well that white one cleans up, but maybe it is not the best idea to buy that coat.

I appreciate everyone''s thoughts!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh I am always tempted by white. I have been lusting after a beautiful white purse. but every time I hold it in my hands I think to myself how dirty my other purses get and they aren''t even white... and I put it back.

but white always looks so fresh and ... well... clean!! (when it IS clean, that is!! haha!)

good luck w/your decision!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Burberry spring coat is not white, but it''s the palest pink (you almost can''t tell that it''s pink). I''ve had it for years and it seems to stay clean.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I bought a beautiful, crisp white Diesel jacket a while ago. Then I made the mistake of chasing after my cat in it.

I still can''t get the dirt out
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results