shape
carat
color
clarity

Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer and Dryer

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
FI and I just bought these (had them delivered yesterday) and used the for the first time yesterday. Someone just told me that there''s a mold problem with the washers no matter what you do. Does anyone have these? Do you have this problem?

Our first load came out really wrinkled even though we removed it immediately when it was done in the washer and used the wrinkle guard on the dryer and removed it promptly from there as well. We had to put the stuff back in twice because it was still damp. Anyone have this problem? I''m pretty disappointed that the sensors don''t work better. I''m hoping that the wrinkles are due to the fact that we washed in cold water (apparently our water heater wasn''t on, but we hadn''t realized it yet).

I also heard that there''s a problem with the dispenser system. I just read online that things don''t dispense at the right time and sometimes not in the wash at all. Anyone have this one?

Please tell me about your experiences with these machines! I''m freaking out that we spent so much money on them and they''re not working like I expected them to.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t have the duet, but do have a front loader - the system is watertight - the reason that the door can be in the front and still not leak, and also the reason that mold loves to grow there (nice dark, moist place). To combat the mold you need to leave the door open enough when not using it to let it dry out. It also helps if you remove the soap/softener dispenser tray and dump any leftover water out and let it air dry after use (if the dispenser tray is removable).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results