shape
carat
color
clarity

While I am at it...asking for parents permission?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jtlorino

Rough_Rock
I am planning on proposing to my girfriend within the next month or so. Definitely before christmas (partly because my younger sisters'' boyfriend is planning on proposing to her at christmas and I want to beat them to it hehehe)Anyway, I think I am very very lucky in that I have a great relationship with her parents. Her mom is like a mom away from home to me and her dad is like the dad I never had. I know they will both give me their blessings and are sort of anxious for us to get engaged already. The biggest issue I am having is how to go about it. I really dont have many oppurtunities to get to their house without my girlfriend, let alone maybe taking them out to dinner or something without her knowing something is up. Also, should I ask them both at the same time or talk to her dad first then her mom? I am hoping maybe to catch a night in the coming weeks where she goes out with friends and I decide I am "too tired" and want to just relax, then sneak over to their house while she is out. Fortunately they only live about ten minutes away. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
If it''s really hard to visit her parents I would suggest writing a very nice letter - drop it in the mail. It might be something that you''ll be able to add to your wedding album - just a thought...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sneak over and ask them in person both together.
when they are 10 min away there isnt a good reason to not do it in person.
It will gain you huge son-in-law points.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with Storm. Sneak over and ask them both at the same time, in person. I think it''s wonderful that you have a great relationship with her parents!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup I agree with Storm. They are only 10 minutes away, so sneak over there and ask them together. I think they will really appreciate that. Good luck and let us know how it goes. You might also want to bring some nice flowers, or a bottle of wine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results