color
clarity

Which would you prefer

which would you choose

• Somewhere in the middle 1.33 G VS diamond

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Somewhere else in the middle 1.5 G SI1

• Just show me what people think, because he''s gonna pick it anyway and surprise her

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
My girlfriend and her SO are shopping for rings - she is horribly conflicted because she wants the best of both worlds... she wants SIZE, but also wants her ring to be as "perfect as possible" but is conflicted because she is looking at 2 diamonds - 1 is a 1 carat D, VVS1 the other is an 1.75 I SI1-2 (I don''t remember)... and they both cost about the same thing.

If this were YOUR dilema which would you choose?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Need more info--are we talking ideal-cut? Round? Other shape? Those things would greatly influence my decision. Oh, and I vote for the I SI as long as it''s well-cut and eye clean
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between D and I, there is E, F, G, and H. I say he needs to do a little more shopping! There are a lot more diamonds to choose from!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for somewhere else in the middle, because as long as it''s eye clean I''m good to go! But I am a bit color sensitive, so I think an I would bother me.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I know, I got an email from her w/o all the details. I try to keep my diamond fetish on the downlow... I did ask a bunch of q''s but I haven''t received a response. She is kinda like me - went in loving the princesses and came out thinking she might like a RB. I don''t know anything else about it - or even what shape! HA! She just went in to a local jewler though, he has a family friend helping him through the process. It was one of those info sessions... i think she''s still leaning princess though.

I sooo live vicariously through others!!!
9.gif

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
as long as its eyeclean... i''m not too color sensitive, but really these are things that I can''t only answer for myself.

is the largest one eyeclean? is she color sensitive?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d say that you''re not going to get a lot of votes for the D VVS1. I''ve spent too much time in RT to even consider it.

I''d pick the big 1.75cter.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 9:17:43 PM
Author: somegirl932
as long as its eyeclean... i''m not too color sensitive, but really these are things that I can''t only answer for myself.

is the largest one eyeclean? is she color sensitive?
Same here. I voted for 1.5 G SI1 because you stated that the I could be an SI2. I''m pretty good at spotting inclusions (w/o a microscope)...I can see the tiny inclusion in my SI1!.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Well, I personally LOVE an ideal-cut I colored diamond, so of course I voted for that. But has she really looked at stones (both in and out of settings) to see how color-sensitive she actually is? Its such an individual, personal thing, I would really encourage her to do as much of this as possible.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t want a 1.75 carat diamond, but would go for an I SI stone, in a smaller size, rather than shell out the money for either the D or the G stones you mentioned.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I''m a moderate - I say, go for something in the middle! G, VS2 sounds lovely ....

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Go big!...a G color and an true SI1 will fit the bill for me...as long as it has a killer cut.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

D, E or F max color. IF if possible (IF if heeheeehee). Go "perfect" or go home!
3.gif
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''ll take a G SI1
36.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
F S1 (eyeclean) is my preference...then the size!

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I'm color sensitive with "mind clean" issues, so I voted for the 1.33 G, VS option.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
For me, it''s all about cut and clarity. If it''s eyeclean, and an excellent cut, I''d go with the larger of the two. But if it''s not an ideal cut (I''m talking almost perfect), I''d go with the 1-carat.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a recent owner of a an I SI1 ACA, I predictably voted I SI1.

Even being a tiny bit colour sensitive, I''m totally in love with my I.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
For a ring, I would go a little higher in color especially in a larger size. I think color''s more visible in rings than in earrings or a pendant only because you can scrutinize them more closely. I voted for G SI1! My second choice would be G VS2! If she''s all about size, go for the G SI1 assuming it''s totally eye clean!

E B

Ideal_Rock
The 1.5 G SI1, absolutely.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 11:03:15 AM
Author: EBree
The 1.5 G SI1, absolutely.
Ditto - this is what I voted for. If i wanted a larger size (mine''s a 1.3 and is perfect for my hand - too much more would be too much for me) then the 1.75 would be fine if they''re wanting to spend that amount. But as long as something is eye clean, I don''t care otherwise. I can spot the inclusions in mine (it''s SI-1) if I look hard, but only because I know where to look and what they look like, and that''s only from the side if I look hard.

Tell her eye clean stones with slight imperfections make them unique!
1.gif
Save the money and either put it away or put it towards more size or color.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 8:59:37 PM
Author: Haven
I voted for somewhere else in the middle, because as long as it''s eye clean I''m good to go! But I am a bit color sensitive, so I think an I would bother me.
Yup.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a modern-style ring with a RB, I would choose the G/VS-range stone. Especially because she has a "mind clean" issue.

If it''s a more antiquey style, I''d personally go with the slightly warmer I, and SI1 if it''s eye-clean.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.5, G, SI1 all the way! It''s a great mix of most people not being able to tell colour and still having the size.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the I, assuming we''re still talking about an eye-clean stone. But really, it would come down to cut quality first, then size, color, and clarity in that order.

gwendals

Rough_Rock
Something in between!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results