shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you pick.

Which all Diamond RHR should be Gypsy''s 2010 project?

• Graduated 5 stone band 1.5 ctw

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I'm about to start plotting and planning for my 2010 custom project.

And I want a diamond RHR.

I had THOUGHT that I was set on a graduated five stone. With a .5 center, followed by a .33, followed by a .17 for a ctw of 1.5. In a single prong setting (like the memorie purity collection but with a more open setting from the profile).

But then I saw Bling Addicts tourmaline ring, and I was blown right out of the water. I've been staring at it, drooling everyday for a week.

So now I'm torn. Should I stick to the graduated five stone.

OR should I ask BGD about designing me an all diamond wide band based on Bling Addicts shank? Bezeled Marquise and Rounds.

Which would you chose? And if you want to let me in on your thinkiing... why would you chose what you voted for?

The one on the bottom is the CAD of the graduated five stone I wanted. Thanks to StoneCold for the renderings.
5_stone_set3.JPG

Bling Addicts Ring as inspiration for an all diamond band.

BrianGavin_BB1.jpg

BrianGavin_BB6.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I laughed when I saw the title. Already?
9.gif

Easy choice for me. I adore Bling Addict''s ring, and only wish I could do some coloured stone version myself. But an all diamond band inspiration would be gorgeous too. I''ve had the graduated 5 stone ring (1 ctw) for 11 years now. I''m really bored with it, but it is one of those classic pieces too. Mine is all semi-bezeled which is a good thing because the diamond''s are so-so at best. I think if I were to do another 5 stone band, I would *not* make it graduated. I like the look of same sized stones better having lived with graduated so long. A band of five .30cts would be gorgeous IMO. YMMV.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I like both, but I LOVE Bling Addicts ring!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW, I am surprised at the results so far. 10 votes for the marquise and round band inspired by Bling addict''s gorgeous ring. Only 3 for the ''traditional'' graduated 5 stone. I guess I''ll have to email BGD for a qoute on the Blingtastic band.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you milgrained all the bezels I would vote for Bling Addict''s.
2.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I voted on the graduated band, and I''ll apologize for the convoluted logic in advance.

I LOVE bling addict''s ring, and although I''m arguably addicted to projects, I have found that over time I always go back to the timeless, trendless designs. I think that over the years you would appreciate having that classic band so very, very much!

There''s my 2 cents. I offer a full, money back guarantee on all purchases!
26.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori... that doesn't suprise me one bit. You love milgrain.
21.gif

Upgradable, I wonder about that... whether, long term, I would be happier with a 5 stone. But I have a seven stone now and it bores the heck out of me. Most of the time I just want to pull the diamonds out and make a DBY with them. Or to reset them with sapphires in between the diamonds. Just to add some OMPH to them. So I wonder if maybe the blingtastic RHR wouldn't be a better choice. On the other hand, when I see a really lovely graduated five stone, my heart skips a beat. So it could just be the setting and diamond size of my band that are boring me.

I'm thinking of a dome ring, one that graduates, getting larger toward the center. Not an equidistant band. And it wouldn't be an eternity. I do want milgrain on the non-diamond part though. I love that finish on Bling Addicts ring.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, I voted for BGD because I had EXACTLY the same thought when I saw Lesley''s post. Dome ring and everything. I think it would be a classy, elegant piece that would be delicate but substantial.

I contacted BGD about my future engagement ring based on your perfect, gorgeous pendant so I''m happy to enable more interesting pieces from them
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 5:42:48 AM
Author: Echidna
Gypsy, I voted for BGD because I had EXACTLY the same thought when I saw Lesley''s post. Dome ring and everything. I think it would be a classy, elegant piece that would be delicate but substantial.

I contacted BGD about my future engagement ring based on your perfect, gorgeous pendant so I''m happy to enable more interesting pieces from them
9.gif
Oh wow, Echidna, what a wonderful thing. I love that my pendant project helped you find the perfect engagement ring. Do you have a post about what you are getting somewhere? I''d love to know and see!

Great minds think alike. And Lesley said she wants one too when I told her about the Blingtastic band. Maybe we can talk Brian into Bulk pricing. LOL.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
BGD for me too, I think it would be a classic yet unique piece. One of those rings that makes you do a double take.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted 5 stone because my tastes run towards simple and streamlines, I would just make it more "me" by adding some more color here or there.

I love bling addicts ring! But on my short, chubby little sausage fingers, I think it''d be a bit much, haha. So I personally would go 5 stone band.

But go with what speaks to you! And it''s sounding like your hearing Bling Addict''s ring''s siren song.
9.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/31/2009 11:09:11 PM
Author: Gypsy
WOW, I am surprised at the results so far. 10 votes for the marquise and round band inspired by Bling addict''s gorgeous ring. Only 3 for the ''traditional'' graduated 5 stone. I guess I''ll have to email BGD for a qoute on the Blingtastic band.
That''s definitely what I would do. I''d ask B&L for a quote asap and I''d have the bezels milgrained like Tacori suggested. It would go so beautifully with the milgrained shank. Geez, that ring would be so gorgeous, I''d have a hard time wearing it!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I voted for blingaddicts-inspired, only because I feel its so much more unique and special. I feel like a RHR is a really great opportunity to do something that will be beautiful but maybe not as "classic" (in the sense of looking the same as what everyone else has) as an e-ring. Plus, I think it would be gorgeous
2.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I think I felt the same way you did when I saw Bling Addict''s new ring, so that''s definitely my vote (and I don''t even love marquise shapes that much - but this design is so beautiful!). I like the way the different sizes and shapes play with each other and create movement around the band.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I;m going to go against the grain to vote for the graduated band ... I think it''s elegant and eminently wearable in every situation! The BA-inspired piece strikes me as something that will be BEAUTIFUL, but more of a special-occasion piece, KWIM?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I went with BGD, because I can't stop staring at that tourmaline ring either. It's amazing and I adore the band.

Timeless classics are good too, but with your imagination combined with Brian's...eh, it's a no brainer for me.

ETA: Unless I was going for Upgradable's avatar ring. I
30.gif
that ring too.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the BG ring. It''s unique and perfectly suited as a RHR. The graduated band seems fine, but it doesn''t make as much of a statement.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Definitely not the 5 stone if you have a 7 stone and it bores you. BA''s ring is incredibly gorgeous, and I think your idea to do it as an all diamond band would be gorgeous, and just the right balance between interesting and classic.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh tough choice Gypsy!

I came across this thread because I am pondering a five stone ring this year (if I can swing it), but as soon as I got my ring, I said to my husband, wow, a band just made up like the side diamonds of my new ring would be gorgeous!

I think I''m going to vote band inspired by the shank of my ring (and can''t wait to see pics if you get one
36.gif
36.gif
) since you already have a seven stone.

Either would be gorgeous though
36.gif
36.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
colored stooooooooonnnnnnnnneeeeeeee...collllllllllooooooooorrrrrrrrrred stone!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/1/2010 5:49:02 AM

9.gif

Oh wow, Echidna, what a wonderful thing. I love that my pendant project helped you find the perfect engagement ring. Do you have a post about what you are getting somewhere? I''d love to know and see!

Great minds think alike. And Lesley said she wants one too when I told her about the Blingtastic band. Maybe we can talk Brian into Bulk pricing. LOL.

I''m sure we could convince Brian to do a bulk order
27.gif
Count me in!

I haven''t posted anything about the (hopefully not-too-distant) ring purchase as yet but I''ve asked Brian to combine design elements from two Sholdt settings, so there will be CADs for PS approval when the time comes! In the meantime, they''re taking excellent care of my sister''s engagement ring
1.gif

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 6:14:57 AM

Date: 1/1/2010 5:49:02 AM

Gypsy, I voted for BGD because I had EXACTLY the same thought when I saw Lesley's post. Dome ring and everything. I think it would be a classy, elegant piece that would be delicate but substantial.

I contacted BGD about my future engagement ring based on your perfect, gorgeous pendant so I'm happy to enable more interesting pieces from them
9.gif

Oh wow, Echidna, what a wonderful thing. I love that my pendant project helped you find the perfect engagement ring. Do you have a post about what you are getting somewhere? I'd love to know and see!

I'm sure we could convince Brian to do a bulk order
27.gif
Count me in!

I haven't posted anything about the (hopefully not-too-distant) ring purchase as yet but I've asked Brian to combine design elements from two Sholdt settings, so there will be CADs for PS approval when the time comes! In the meantime, they're taking excellent care of my sister's engagement ring
1.gif

Sorry for the thread hijack!
No. Threadjacks are natural. When you talk to a friend you don't stick on topic like you're on a debate team, you TALK. I love threadjacks.

I adore Shodt's designs so I am really exicited to see your ideas brought to life by B&L.

Summer, ROFLMAO. Too funny. I was thinking that the Blingtastic Band would look amazing with some saphires thown in but... I would wear and all diamond piece more often.

I have asked for a qoute on both. So we'll see. The blingtastic band is looking to be a budget buster is it will need platinum. But, then again, the diamonds on the five stone are nothing to sneeze at and so that will likely come in pretty high as well. So I may just have to adjust the timeline for the project. And maybe satisfy my project cravings by setting one of my colored stones in a (really) inexpensive setting.

EricaR if you are reading this, I'm about to send you a message via morse code lady. I can't seem to connect with you. So drop a note in this thread, if nothing else.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
No. Threadjacks are natural. When you talk to a friend you don''t stick on topic like you''re on a debate team, you TALK. I love threadjacks.

I adore Shodt''s designs so I am really exicited to see your ideas brought to life by B&L.

I have asked for a qoute on both. So we''ll see. The blingtastic band is looking to be a budget buster is it will need platinum. But, then again, the diamonds on the five stone are nothing to sneeze at and so that will likely come in pretty high as well. So I may just have to adjust the timeline for the project. And maybe satisfy my project cravings by setting one of my colored stones in a (really) inexpensive setting.

Here''s to further conversation/threadjacking then!

I will really need Brian and Lesley''s skills to sort out a ring design. My lovely man has informed me that he doesn''t like prongs or bezels. What, I asked him, was I supposed to do instead?! After sorting through tension settings that one of us liked but the other didn''t, I remembered a pic that Gwen had posted a while back of nydc2000''s Sholdt ring with an open profile. Then I saw PortlandKelly''s Sholdt semi bezel, which has that beautiful ribbon-like bezel that''s practically invisible. So I''m going for the top view of the semi-bezel with a more open profile. Not sure if that''ll work but we''ll see!

I think your blingtastic band is a more fluid version of what I like about Canturi''s cubist ring. I drool over that every time I head to work and was SO tempted to beg for that as an engagement ring
18.gif

I may be somewhat dense, but why does the blingtastic band need platinum?

1.34ctSholdtFremont Solitaire2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. The canturi cubism. I adore that ring. Maybe I'll add a third possibility, a band insprired by that one. I love that band! Crap. So many choices.

Echidna, I love your ideas. Those are two of my favorite aspects of the Shodt rings. I can't wait to see them come together.

The design needs platinum for stability and strength. Gold is brittle, so a design like that works best with platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results