shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you pick?? I''m finally buying!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Diamond #1 – from Whiteflash
1.72 - F - SI1
Report: GIA
Shape: Radiant
Depth %: 68.8
Table %: 60
Girdle: TK-VTK
Measurements: 7.36-6.18X4.25
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Diamond#2 – from Mark ERD
2.06 - I - VS1
Report : GIA
Shape Radiant Modified Brilliant
Depth 69.7%
Table 70%
Girdle: TK
Measurements: 7.95x6.76x4.71
Polish Very good
Symmetry Good
Fluorescence: Faint
I only have pictures of diamond #2, however I’m told that #1 is eye clean and beautiful according to Whiteflash.

number two.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any pics for the first? WF usually have them if the diamond is in house or has been called in for evaluation.

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Nope he didn''t give me pics yet, he is waiting on it to come in house.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2009 11:47:00 AM
Author: lovindiamonds
Nope he didn''t give me pics yet, he is waiting on it to come in house.
Ok, post them as soon as you get them, then we can get a good comparison!

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so with Diamond #1 I cannot get pics without paying for the shipping and insurance to have it come in house.

With that being said, would you guys just go with #2 because Mark says it''s great, the specs meet everything and I honestly can''t beat the price?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 8:57:36 AM
Ok, so with Diamond #1 I cannot get pics without paying for the shipping and insurance to have it come in house.

With that being said, would you guys just go with #2 because Mark says it''s great, the specs meet everything and I honestly can''t beat the price?
Its hard to say, what is your gut telling you? Do you really love the second diamond?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 8:59:47 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 3/3/2009 8:57:36 AM

Its hard to say, what is your gut telling you? Do you really love the second diamond?

Ditto, does Mark have a return policy? you might be best off getting it shipped to an appraiser in your area and have a look at it with your own eyes to see if it is the one :).

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Well, I''ll be honest, I have to say that 2 ct. rings my bell and I''m happy with VS1 - Mark says that the I color is just fine and faces up white and that it is very brilliant. I love the modern shape, I''m just unsure as to the cut because I don''t feel I have enough education to know what I''m looking at. I think that is what makes me most unsure, however with the rave reviews of Mark here, I feel that I trust his opinion, however, he is trying to sell something
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
With fancy shape diamonds the best judge is your eyes and what they like, you need to take it out and about in different lighting conditions and see how it looks to you
1.gif

While I have never dealt with Mark personally I know many others on the boards have and have been happy, if he says it is beautiful chances are that it is, you need to have a certain level of trust with vendors you work with, yes they are trying to sell you something but they also want you to be happy with your purchase - if it comes back then they are out a sale
1.gif

If your really unsure get it sent to an independant appraiser (there is a list under the resources tab) and get them to look at it with you
1.gif
, it should put your mind at ease.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 9:09:39 AM
Well, I'll be honest, I have to say that 2 ct. rings my bell and I'm happy with VS1 - Mark says that the I color is just fine and faces up white and that it is very brilliant. I love the modern shape, I'm just unsure as to the cut because I don't feel I have enough education to know what I'm looking at. I think that is what makes me most unsure, however with the rave reviews of Mark here, I feel that I trust his opinion, however, he is trying to sell something
2.gif
Maybe thats your answer!!

With fancy shapes as you know they can't be judged by proportions so much, photos and personal taste plays a big part when choosing. A vendor like Mark has an exceptional eye for fancy shapes and cushions in particular, so I think you can factor his opinion into your overall decision process.

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I think that you''re right and I know that this is it....it''s just very nerve racking buying something so expensive that''s so TINY!!! I would never want to make a mistake. Thanks guys for everything. I''ll let you know about my visit down there!
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 9:24:17 AM
I think that you''re right and I know that this is it....it''s just very nerve racking buying something so expensive that''s so TINY!!! I would never want to make a mistake. Thanks guys for everything. I''ll let you know about my visit down there!
36.gif
I understand, this is natural and normal - and the sign of a smart shopper!

Keep us posted!
35.gif

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so in person diamond #2 is beautiful, I just can''t believe the price at $8900 - does this seem off to anyone else??

I mean 2 ct. diamond that is beautiful for that kind of price?? It just makes me nervous! The AGA grade is a 2B - so that seems good.....in person is sparkles beautifully.

Any thoughts?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 12:00:09 PM
Ok, so in person diamond #2 is beautiful, I just can't believe the price at $8900 - does this seem off to anyone else??

I mean 2 ct. diamond that is beautiful for that kind of price?? It just makes me nervous! The AGA grade is a 2B - so that seems good.....in person is sparkles beautifully.

Any thoughts?
If you like this diamond of Mark's, get an independant appraisal during the return period to give you peace of mind. Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

From doing a search, prices of similar range between 10500 and $12500 so the price is a bit low but you are buying from a trusted vendor.

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Lorelei I can always count on you to respond!
2.gif

Does the price seem high, low or just right to you based on the specs? I don''t want to push the boundaries too much because I''ve handed the reigns over to the FF and now I''m out of the loop, I just hope that he''s making a good purchase because he had me do the searching and corresponding with Mark and now I cannot say anything more. I will say I trust Mark and from all the feedback here, he says it''s a beautiful radiant and I don''t think he''d steer me wrong. Right????

lovindiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Duh Lorelei - I didn''t see the last part of your post until after I posted - Thanks!! So the price being low is a good thing if similar diamonds are in a higher range and if it is beautiful in person - I''ll just trust it. Geez......can you tell I''m not so trusting?? I think it''s the antique dealer blood that runs through me. My dad is all about the resale value
20.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 12:23:35 PM
Duh Lorelei - I didn''t see the last part of your post until after I posted - Thanks!! So the price being low is a good thing if similar diamonds are in a higher range and if it is beautiful in person - I''ll just trust it. Geez......can you tell I''m not so trusting?? I think it''s the antique dealer blood that runs through me. My dad is all about the resale value
20.gif
LOL!!! Its good to question I believe! There could be various reasons why this diamond is costs less, none of them sinister so to speak - but I really think the appraisal could help you feel good about your purchase if you decide to go for it! I can tell you Mark has an excellent rep here, so you can purchase from him in confidence. It IS a big decision and I fully believe it is good to verify and ask as many questions as you want so you can get the most from your purchase.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2009 12:20:50 PM
Lorelei I can always count on you to respond!
2.gif

Does the price seem high, low or just right to you based on the specs? I don''t want to push the boundaries too much because I''ve handed the reigns over to the FF and now I''m out of the loop, I just hope that he''s making a good purchase because he had me do the searching and corresponding with Mark and now I cannot say anything more. I will say I trust Mark and from all the feedback here, he says it''s a beautiful radiant and I don''t think he''d steer me wrong. Right????
Right! Mark has a good eye for fancy shapes and has many happy customers to his credit!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results