shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Let me just say it right now. I am SOOOOO fickle, but my SO and I have come to a sort of decision. We''re getting engaged sometime in August!

He whisked me away to beverly hills (yay!) this past weekend to check out rings. I dragged him EVERYWHERE before finally deciding on a 1930''s mint condition .9 ct Tiffany bead set engagement ring. BEAUTIFUL!

Then we went to Harry Winston. I had posted a harry winston ring before hand that we were looking at in a .5. When I got there and took a look at it it just wasn''t me. He loved it. I didn''t. I was still longing for the antique (also in our price range). I asked him to please consider it which he did, but not seriously he didn''t want to buy a "worn" diamond
7.gif
It eventually ended up being taken off hold and shown to other customers who i think bought it. which made me very sad
7.gif
We came to the decision of looking at other rings new. I told him I would love any of these which he chose, but had a preference for antique looking rings.

Here are the specs of what we are down to:

1. .82 G VS1 Excellent Cut with (8?) G VS2 side stones (they wouldn''t give me the percentages *grumble*)
2. .7 E VVS2 Ideal with sidestones (not told what they were)
3. .94 G VS1 Excellent Tiffany Solitaire

OH and I forgot the HIGHLIGHT of my TRIP! Spending time with him. He works so much I never get to see him
7.gif
This was perfect for us. The other Highlight... DISNEYLAND!

We went to disneyland and had a GREAT TIME! We went to 27 attractions including getting front row seats to nighttastic (if you RUN to frontierland and beat the crowds you can sit at the New Orleans square front and center). It was AMAZING! My SO now is interesting in getting married at Disneyland. (i''m not sure if he''s kidding) LOL. I love him. I wanted to get engaged there, but the timing wasn''t right. So, its okay. I''m just soo happy he even thought to take me down to visit :)

e-rings.jpg

purselover

Ideal_Rock
In order of preference, I like #3, #1, #2. Are you leaning towards one in particular?

purelily

Shiny_Rock
I was leaning towards 3. It''s the sister to the 1930''s antique I found just new
31.gif

The Tiffany solitaire would be beautiful, but I find the knife edge uncomfortable
7.gif
I feel like it cuts into my fingers. The SA said its because my finger size is a 5 or 5.25 and the ring I tried on is a 6. I dont want to get it sized but was thinking of a sizer for the ring just in case I get pregnant I want to be able to wear my rings. He LOVES the solitaire though. Its beautiful, but its so uncomfortable.

Am I crazy?

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
toss up between 1 & 3.

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 2:52:53 PM
Author: purselover
In order of preference, I like #3, #1, #2. Are you leaning towards one in particular?
Ditto purselover - this is my order of preference as well.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
+1 but if the knife edge is uncomfortable to wear maybe #1 is the best choice?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 3:26:31 PM
Author: Erinleigh

+1 but if the knife edge is uncomfortable to wear maybe #1 is the best choice?
Agreed.

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all of your input! :) Has anyone tried on the solitaire are you having the same problems?

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 3:06:41 PM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

Ditto purselover - this is my order of preference as well.
thirtto, with a heavy set on #3.

fyi iwht knife edge - i have a knife edge, and the "feeling" went away about a week ago. i hardly notice it now.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Do you know that i think it was UCLAbelle has the knife edge tiffs wedding band and said it was very uncomfortable. She ended up getting another band. The thread she says that in should still be in the first couple of pages of SMTR, its about her reset of her tiffs engagement ring!

I would say in style preference, #1...#3...#2

But i wouldnt be getting number one without the %s. Not because its a huge deal really but because its not good customer service.

Have you looked at the bead set style at tiffs new? It would be like the first one you loved then? And blondebunny has that one too and its mighty perdy
30.gif

Im sorry if i got the rings confused, i hope i havent been muddled up
21.gif

purelily

Shiny_Rock
jCarlylew Thank you for your input :) I'll have to wear it for a bit and see if i like it :)
Blackpaw #1 is actually the bead set Tiffany :) I'm surprised no one liked # 2, #2 is the tryst from Harry Winston ;-)

I, honestly, don't mind not going for name brand and, after seeing the difference s between the sizes, would be interested in a larger non-name diamond, but...He likes these. So I'm willing to compromise... regardless, it should be a beautiful ring, right? and the fact that he is putting so much effort into this makes me really happy :)

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
My order of preference is 1, 3, 2.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 7:30:53 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
ditto ditto ditto

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
When you look at all 3, which makes your heart sing? You might like all 3 of them, as I like so many rings on PS, but which do you think is "you?"

purelily

Shiny_Rock
I *love* the bead set. When I sat there yesterday with it on my hand I thought this is it. This is what I want. I told my SO my preference, but I think he's leaning towards #2 because of the clarity and color. *sigh* My mom & gma say don't be a brat "let him pick" but I just love that beadset... But, either way, I will love anything he gets me.

ETA: I think what also influences me is the price. I'm a little more oooh we can save a bit here! :)hehehe.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/17/2009 7:39:58 PM
Author: ckrickett
Date: 7/17/2009 7:30:53 PM

Author: ImpatientOne

ditto ditto ditto

plus ditto

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I *adore* #2 - those prongs are gorgeous! After that, my preference would be #3 for size, and then #1. They''re all lovely options!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results