shape
carat
color
clarity

Which wedding band would you choose?

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
I'm having a difficult time deciding which wedding band I should go with! I'm a big fan of bands that aren't super matchy with the e-ring, so I'm debating between two styles.
My e-ring (in platinum):
2620RDMDP_multi.jpg
A) Marquise-shaped eternity band (would be in platinum)
elband1462ET_multi.jpg
B) A band that is closer to the shape of my e-ring (but would be done in rose gold for contrast), and could possibly be stacked later on?
4115ET_multi.jpg
Which would you choose? Would you do something different than either of these?

KikiD

Shiny_Rock
Definately the marquise band! I think that would look really interesting and not too matchy :D

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
I love the marquise band! Especially since you said you don't like it too matchy.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Theyre both really pretty but I would go for the marquise band if you don't want anything that matches perfectly with your engagement ring!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I also like the marquise band

but I have to admit because this thread is in BWW and not RT, I thought you were talking about musical bands...why...I'm not sure...it definitely says wedding band :) I guess music was on the brain or something!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i agree w/everyone else...love the marquise. it's just a little different & interesting. your ering is gorg btw!

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
Everyone beat me to the punch, but definitely the marquise! The long, sleek shapes will look so beautiful next to your *gorgeous* e-ring! :appl:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the marquise team! It's unique but at the same time I think it would complement your ring perfectly!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
B for sure - classier!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I vote marquise.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
diamondbuggy said:
I love the marquise band! Especially since you said you don't like it too matchy.

ditto!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Clairitek said:
Theyre both really pretty but I would go for the marquise band if you don't want anything that matches perfectly with your engagement ring!

+1. My band is very similar to the second one you posted, and I got it b/c I wanted to match my ering band. If you don't like "matchy" then I think the choice is definitely clear.

Is there something about the second one that you love? Why is the decision hard if you don't like "matchy"?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Marquise. I think the rose gold and the contrast could be something you regret down the road as it is such a distinctive look that it would be hard to work with if you taste changes.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I might have a solution for you on the rose gold front - I love rose gold but have a platinum e-ring like you, but it was important to my husband and I that our wedding bands matched, so we each got plain milgrained platinum wedding bands. To satisfy my rose gold craving, I got a rose gold rope band from Sally at Heart of Water Jewels on Etsy to use as a spacer band between my wedding ring and my e-ring, because they really don't match at all. Forgive the super shady cell phone picture:

That way my wedding band is something I'll wear forever, but down the line if I ever get tired of the rose gold I can just swap out the little spacer for something else. For size reference, my wedding band is 3mm wide.

0908001028_1mz.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 2nd band

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I'd go with the marquise band as well. It's gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results