shape
carat
color
clarity

Which veil length for me?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
So I have the choice of two veil lengths... either a fingertip length, or chapel length. I forgot to take pictures with them with the dress on when I was getting it altered. I just can''t decide between the two. They''re both narrow, and not poofy at the top at the comb. I''ll be wearing it on the back of my head, not the top - on top of the bun or whatever I have with my hair in the back. Both are plain with no beading, and have a small pencil edge.

I really like the photos you can do with the longer ones blowing in the wind and all that stuff, but I worry about it being to heavy/cumbersome after a while through the afternoon/evening. At first, I wasn''t even going to do a veil - so I just worry about it being way too much for me. I''ll likely have it on for a while through the hours of pictures before, and the ceremony itself. I''d probably take it off after that, as we''re doing a tour of the winery then dinner - and my dress will be bustled for that.

I also really liked the fingertip on me with the dress. It still made me feel bridal, but not SO much that I felt silly. Just pretty. I liked it hanging all behind me, just straight down so you could see it behind me from the front, but not all spread around my shoulders. I could possibly keep this on all night if I wanted, since it wouldn''t interfere or cover the bustle.

So, I just need you ladies'' opinions! Here''s a few photos... the back of the dress is beaded through the bodice, then from the waist down is plain with buttons running all the way down the train. The fingertip veil hit right below my rear. And of course, the longer one is chapel length. I just wonder about if it would look right to have the longer one chopping off the line of the train. Does that even matter? Would one look better than the other?

This is the back:
DSC_0314%20Copy2.jpg

Better shot of the back (ignore how she''s holding it up):
Dresses%20038%20-%20Copy.jpg

The front, for reference:
DSC_0311%20copy.jpg

And this is an example of the bustle they''re doing - it''ll look almost just like this:
dfbustle.jpg

I also suppose if an overwhelming amount of people think a cathedral length would be best since it would probably match the length of the dress, I could go pick up one of those instead. I just worried about it being even more cumbersome than the chapel length, especially considering how much dress I''m already going to be carrying around.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s really hard to tell without seeing them on you, but my tendency is to say the long one...and just remove it after the ceremony.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How expensive are they? I say do both. Maybe get a longer cheaper one for pictures and wear the short one for the
reception?

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker - Yeah I was kicking myself for not taking a few photos with them while I had the dress. I wish now that I had.

tyty - They're between $50 and $70. Not bad. I think I can get the cathedral for around $70 or maybe a little more.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I had a cathedral length veil, and it really wasn''t that heavy at all - it was very simple, unadorned, and I think I paid about $25 for it on eBay.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 2:57:13 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I had a cathedral length veil, and it really wasn''t that heavy at all - it was very simple, unadorned, and I think I paid about $25 for it on eBay.
Wow that''s wonderful! How long was your dress?

I''ve looked a bit on ebay for veils, and it''s overwhelming how much is out there!

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
First, your dress is beautiful! The detailing and bustle and amazing!! I would do a cathedral IF you are planning to take the veil off for the reception, and if you want to wear one all night a nice fingertip would be so pretty! So these 2 get my vote :)
Nice and simple veils as well, so they don''t take away the beauty and detailing of you dress! All the best!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I vote for a cathedral length with that gown and take it off for the reception. I had a fingertip length veil and I found it annoying after a while, so I took it off for the second half of the pics and added a few fresh frangipani to dress up my hair a bit.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the responses ladies! I got the order taken care of today... I chose an 84 inch veil, more sheer at the top and wider at the bottom since my train is so wide. I went and tried on cathedral length, and it was just too much for me. I liked the chapel length a lot better, so I went with something a little less than that - in the end, what I really wanted was just something that was on the floor a bit, but didn''t hang over the end of the dress at all. I like it when the veil just kind of blends into the dress as it smooths out at the bottom.

They also had a clearance on short veils (shorter than fingertip) so I got one of those to put on for the dinner and any dancing we do. I was going to do flowers in my hair or something, but I''m happy with this, and now I don''t have to find a hairpiece.
1.gif
Haha it''s a shame when it comes down to choosing things just because you''re just so tired of making decisions that it doesn''t really matter anymore!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results