shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Stone to Select (Newbie here)... :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vnlong

Rough_Rock
Hello Pricescope members,

I would really appreciate some opinions on the following 2 stones... From these 2 stones which would the forum select? Does the higher colo/clarity make a difference for me to spend the extra $$$? The price difference is exactly $1,000, the 1.39 G VS1 being the more expensive stone. You opinions are greatly appreciated!!! Thanks Again...

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2748

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 1.398ct
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
est GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.82%
Culet: None
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 7951906
In House: Yes
Width: 7.16mm
Length: 7.19mm
Depth: 4.44mm
Table Percentage: 56.28%
Depth Percentage: 61.94%
Crown Ú: 34.59‹
Crown Depth: 15.13%
Pavilion Ú: 40.96‹
Pavilion Depth: 43.24%
Upper Girdle Ú: 42.52‹
Lower Girdle Ú: 42.15‹

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/2874/

Shape: Round
Carat Weight: 1.438ct
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
est GIA Cut Grade: Excellent
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: Superior
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: Negligible
Girdle: 1.34%
Culet: None
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 8167810
In House: Yes
Width: 7.28mm
Length: 7.29mm
Depth: 4.49mm
Table Percentage: 55.62%
Depth Percentage: 61.65%
Crown Ú: 34.28‹
Crown Depth: 15.19%
Pavilion Ú: 41.06‹
Pavilion Depth: 43.40%
Upper Girdle Ú: 42.33‹
Lower Girdle Ú: 42.23‹

diamonewb

Rough_Rock
I personally would go for the bigger diamond because the difference between G and H color is not very drastic (I know I wouldnt be able to tell the difference). Although VS1 looks better under a 10x loop, will be no different then a VS2 to the naked eye.

So the larger stone all the way IMHO

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/12/2007 12:34:35 PM
Author: diamonewb
I personally would go for the bigger diamond because the difference between G and H color is not very drastic (I know I wouldnt be able to tell the difference). Although VS1 looks better under a 10x loop, will be no different then a VS2 to the naked eye.

So the larger stone all the way IMHO
I tend to agree, go for the bigger stone. I just bought a nearly identical stone to the top, mine is a 1.41 G, VS1, and its absolutely beautiful, but I definitely would have WANTED to get a G / VS2 to save some money and put that towards a bigger stone. In terms of the G to H color you won''t likely be able to tell a difference, but for me, after looking at dozens of stones I could tell I was really liking stones D-G, but H is close enough that you won''t be able to tell once its in a setting.

I think the first stone will have a little bit more fire than brilliance due to its depth, so that might be something to consider.

Honestly you can''t go wrong with either of those stones...

I also highly recommend GOG, they were terrific to work with!

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Color-wise... doubt that you''ll see any difference once mounted. I say go for the HVS2, and spend those saved greenbacks elsewhere. Even better yet, pick up a phone and ask Jonathan for his opinion. He might even find other prospects for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results