shape
carat
color
clarity

Which PRETTY for DECO? (Deciding 10K PS Gift ... Again!)

Which of these items do you think I should choose?

• 18K Tri-color Love Knot Earrings

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Seiko Rose/Stainless Watch w/Diamonds, MOP Face

Votes: 63 81.8%

• Total voters

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Which PRETTY for DECO? (Deciding 10K PS Gift ... Again!

mrssalvo|1302904683|2897263 said:
I do love the watch but voted for the earrings. I think the earrings are classic and would be a great addition to any collection. The watch is gorgeous but since you already have a couple I'd do the earrings first and the watch to celebrate something else later this year.
I was thinking the same thing ... but then I thought ... "HEY! I have way more pairs of earrings than I do WATCHES." :twirl: Thanks for your opinion, Mrssalvo!

And Susimoo & Elisateach & Starshine & Skip & Zoe!! :wavey:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

coatimundi|1302908991|2897325 said:
Watch! btw-I was at an antique shop a few days ago and I saw a silver bead necklace and thought of you! The beads were HUGE. The center was about 20mm. Price was too high, so I didn't get it, but I wanted it! Hope you are enjoying your lovely necklace.
Thanks for the vote, Coati! I *am* still enjoying my bead necklace. And wearing it way more than I suspected I would. It is a fun chance of pace for me ... switching things up more instead of always wearing the same thing. This week I got a gunmetal mani/pedi! Whodathunk it? Wish the bead necklace you saw had been a steal! Next time!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

thing2of2|1302919341|2897470 said:
I voted earrings, but I'm clearly out-voted! Obviously I don't know you, but that watch doesn't seem like you...or at least the you I've made up in my head from your posts. :cheeky:
HA!!!! I know exactly what you mean! I don't think the watch is very *me* either -- but I like it ... if that makes sense? I have about different watches bookmarked - but this is the one that combined all of the individual things I thought I was looking for. There was another watch I started out wanting but I realized it wouldn't look right on me (too small).
http://www.bluenile.com/seiko-watch-sxdb64_220154

Same with this one:
http://www.bluenile.com/citizen-watch-ew9818-56d_218747

I like this one, but the strap is gonna be too short -- and that's the part I like best!
http://www.bluenile.com/wittnauer-watch_217794

Thought this one was a great deal & very snazzy ... but ... no bling AND no mother of pearl
http://www.bluenile.com/esq-watch_217196

And don't even ask about this bookmark. :-o
http://www.bluenile.com/dolce-gabbana-watch-dw0513_229933

Your comment does make me stop & think though. It is like the Bead Necklace I ended up getting .... is this "me"? Or the "me" I want to be? Or is it just totally NOT me. In a way that I'd soon regret the purchase. I guess I could try it & if it didn't speak to me in person: Tri Color Love Knots here I come!??? Thanks for pointing that out, T2!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted|1302920718|2897485 said:
thing2of2|1302919341|2897470 said:
I voted earrings, but I'm clearly out-voted! Obviously I don't know you, but that watch doesn't seem like you...or at least the you I've made up in my head from your posts. :cheeky:
HA!!!! I know exactly what you mean! I don't think the watch is very *me* either -- but I like it ... if that makes sense? I have about different watches bookmarked - but this is the one that combined all of the individual things I thought I was looking for. There was another watch I started out wanting but I realized it wouldn't look right on me (too small).
http://www.bluenile.com/seiko-watch-sxdb64_220154

Same with this one:
http://www.bluenile.com/citizen-watch-ew9818-56d_218747

I like this one, but the strap is gonna be too short -- and that's the part I like best!
http://www.bluenile.com/wittnauer-watch_217794

Thought this one was a great deal & very snazzy ... but ... no bling AND no mother of pearl
http://www.bluenile.com/esq-watch_217196

And don't even ask about this bookmark. :-o
http://www.bluenile.com/dolce-gabbana-watch-dw0513_229933

Your comment does make me stop & think though. It is like the Bead Necklace I ended up getting .... is this "me"? Or the "me" I want to be? Or is it just totally NOT me. In a way that I'd soon regret the purchase. I guess I could try it & if it didn't speak to me in person: Tri Color Love Knots here I come!??? Thanks for pointing that out, T2!

A-ha! My internet intuition was correct! (Just going to pretend I didn't see and almost sort of like that D&G number... :cheeky:) I do love that men's Movado you posted but it is definitely suffering from a lack of bling and MoP. Plus you might have that look kind of covered with your black ceramic men's watch.

I'm all for making myself mix it up, especially because I tend to get into phases where I wear basically the same outfit everyday. That watch is really pretty, and like you said, you can always swap it out if you don't like it! Looking forward to the full review!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

NEW DEVELOPMENT

This, apparently now exists:
http://www.bluenile.com/knot-stud-earrings_19190

Does that change anyone's vote? I don't wanna start a new poll as I'm MOSTLY decided. But I'd be curious to hear what anyone who happened to breeze by this thread things of this new development. Or if the all-white-gold version of the earrings would sway anyone?

:-o

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I still like your Watch Choice! that is one beautiful watch in that price range I think.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

D&T|1303249797|2900437 said:
I still like your Watch Choice! that is one beautiful watch in that price range I think.
I agree with you D&T. The other benefit that I just thought of right now (DUH!) is that I'd SEE the watch a heck of a lot more than I'd see ANY pair of earrings. Also, I already have a pair of rose gold earrings that I wear a lot. (And my fave pendant is the rose gold pave starfish). I don't have ANY rose gold for my wrist. NADA.

I am a doofus. This choice is OBVS. :oops: :rodent:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

decodelighted said:
D&T|1303249797|2900437 said:
I agree with you D&T. The other benefit that I just thought of right now (DUH!) is that I'd SEE the watch a heck of a lot more than I'd see ANY pair of earrings. Also, I already have a pair of rose gold earrings that I wear a lot. (And my fave pendant is the rose gold pave starfish). I don't have ANY rose gold for my wrist. NADA.

I am a doofus. This choice is OBVS. :oops: :rodent:

I love that watch Deco... It would Look lovely on you!

in fact I like it so much... I am considering one for myself :Up_to_something: ... but I just bought pendant from local jeweler :rolleyes: must...refrain... although I'll browse through his watch collection now

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Can 80% of PS posters be wrong??? I think (k)not. It's the watch. Hands down. (can you tell I like puns?) :wink2:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

I voted watch. It is nice and substantial and you can look at it so easily and enjoy it and think of PS :halo: The earrings are pretty but... not special enough IMO.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

I LOVE the watch!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock

I still say the watch. I love love love it!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love you guys. Thanks for humoring my 2nd guessing. Will report when the deed is done. I drove myself crazy last night looking for coupon codes, but they all seem to exclude watches. Gah!

Meanwhile, I'm at my car dealer's service center waiting for ye olde oil change and WOWZA, my rings look incredible in these lights. As dirty as they are!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock

I can't wait for pics! I really love that watch--in fact I love it so much I seriously considered if I should start wearing a watch again. So pretty!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

decodelighted|1303248720|2900415 said:
NEW DEVELOPMENT

This, apparently now exists:
http://www.bluenile.com/knot-stud-earrings_19190

Does that change anyone's vote? I don't wanna start a new poll as I'm MOSTLY decided. But I'd be curious to hear what anyone who happened to breeze by this thread things of this new development. Or if the all-white-gold version of the earrings would sway anyone?

:-o
Not at all, though I do like these better than the tri color - but they're a bit flesh colored so why even bother? Besides - the watch is so apropos with the "time" spent here and all ;-) Plus it's just GORGEOUS!! Stunning!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Fait accompli!

:bigsmile:

A HUGE Thank You to my PS pals for your help & to Andrey for the wonderful gift in question!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's HEEEEEERRRRRREEEEEEE ... :appl: :love: :appl: :bigsmile:

decoswatch.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

And I L*U*R*V*E it!

decoswatch2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love that it tapers like my engagement ring ... and has tiny bead set stones like my wedding band ... and is dressy & casual at the same time .. and is subtle enough for this bling-phobe, but blingy enough for this also bling-ho! It's hard to capture the MOP in pictures but I keep trying!

decoswatch3.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

AND IT FITS!! I was worried about that because I have a large wrist (even without my pudge). I might add a link or two if I want to wear it looser ... but I'm able to wear it as is & that's fabooo.

Please ignore the weird little piece of clear plastic attached to my watch that I didn't notice until I'd taken all these shots on my cell phone! It's too dim outside now to recreate the magic so I'm posting anyway!

THANKS TO EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD who knew a good thing when they saw it before I did!!!!!
(PLUS those who voted for the other choices! You gave me lots to think about!)

And, of course,
THANKS TO ANDREY for the wonderful PS GIFT that made such a wonderful treat possible!!!!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

decoswatch4.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay!!!! I LOVE it!!!! :love: :appl: You really make me want to get something in rose gold (after I copy some of your inside-only milgrain first! ;)) )

stci

Ideal_Rock

When we talk about Deco I always prefer REAL Deco jewelry but for new representative art deco I vote watch.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Deco, that watch is STUNNING, looks awesome on you and actually looks BETTER than the stock photo. I love it and I'm jealous! It is SOO pretty! More pics!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

oh wow! I love it!!! it looks great on you. beautiful watch and great choice!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal|1303779464|2904966 said:
Deco, that watch is STUNNING, looks awesome on you and actually looks BETTER than the stock photo. I love it and I'm jealous! It is SOO pretty! More pics!!!
So true! It looks absolutely amazing on you, Deco! Wonderful choice! (Except I totally want one now. Dang it.)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

THANKS guys! I am really over the moon about it. Can NOT stop STARING, which means I need to rewatch Dancing With The Stars tonight. :naughty: If you can believe it -- it is EVEN MORE STUNNING in person! The MOP casts the exact same pastels that my asscher does in low evening lamp light. The pink gold is just so soft and scrumptious. The combo of brushed and shiny stainless is handsome. And the little details are all just right! The deployment clasp, the tiny Cartier style screws ... I could go on & on!

I'll try to take some more pix tomorrow with my actual *camera*. Wish these captured what *I'm* seeing! :love: :love: :love:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Deco, it looks just smashingly beautiful on you!! It's one of the coolest watches I've seen and it really does look great with your wedding set too!! Congrats lady!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

YES, YES, YES :appl: :appl: :appl: THIS WAS THE PERFECT CHOICE!!! IT LOOKS AMAZING ON YOU :love: WOW...YOU MUST BE OVER THE MOON :D

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

Deco, congrats, I think you've turned me, the cheapest watch-buyer in the world, into a fan. I'm seriously stalking that watch now in hopes of finding a good deal. Love it, and it looks great on you.

dani13

Ideal_Rock

Looks awesome on you!!!!! :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results